Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Also, ubuntu doesn't ship with development tools. Make sure you have them. The quickest way is via the "build-essential" meta-package: apt-get install build-essential.

[edit] durrr, you're running c99, you have dev tools. What happens when you type 'make' ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Daedalus256 posted:

I have zero sound! I can't even get test tones to play in the sound preferences!

If anyone have any idea what's going here, I'd appreciate the help.

When you re-enabled the Audigy, did you disable the on-board sound in the BIOS? I had a bunch of problems like this with my on-board sound and my audigy2: Everything worked great on the first boot. Sound came out of my headphones, which were plugged into the Audigy. Muck around a bit and do a reboot... no sound. I ran kmix (kubuntu user here), and manually selected the audigy, still no dice. Finally disabled on-board sound in the BIOS, and KDE made a nice bleep noise on the next reboot and has been fine ever since.

I didn't check, but I imagine in my case the audio was coming out of the on-board card after the initial boot-up.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Magicmat posted:

Quick question: Is there an easy way to send an AOL IM from a script? I'm looking for something like "echo 'Hewo new yorku!' | sendim -u username -p password -d 1337Hiro". The closest I've found is a bare-bones stateful script, which requires me to log in, send the IM and then log out (though, come to think of it, I don't know if it even provides a log out command.)

Do you do perl? There's the Net::AIM module that will let you create exactly what you're describing, using AOL's TOC network protocol. It's a fairly simple module to work with.

That said, I haven't touched perl or Net::AIM in like 3 years. It might not work anymore.