Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I'm trying to run Azureus on Solaris 10. You (or at least I) would think this sort of thing would be easy since Azureus comes in a .jar and Solaris is supposed to be Java-tastic. However, the jar won't run out of the box because it's missing apache in the jar (why would it look for apache inside the jar, anyway?).

I downloaded Eclipse and tried to build Azureus from the source but Eclipse crashes trying to import the project from the build.xml file. I have no idea what else to do, so I'm asking you guys. Is there a way to install the jar file such that it will start?

Edit: I did try to get the linux version but apparently SourceForge is broken right now because neither the 32 or 64 bit versions are available (tried FF, Opera and IE). This is loving nuts.

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 18, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I have a better, (hopefully) less vague/lovely question this time. I was just frustrated during that last one :(

My Solaris (10 express) system will lock up for ~12 seconds then be fine for ~60 seconds, then lock for another ~12, then ... (you can see where this is going, right?)

This was not happening a week ago and the only change I made in that week was getting Azureus working. I didn't even log in for about week while it was running. Last night, I found some files I hadn't backed up onto it yet and tried to move them over, but the transfers didn't work so I logged in to see what was up and noticed that the UI became totally unresponsive ever so often. I shut everything down and restarted, but when I turned it back on, it was still locking up on the login screen. The restart helped and the machine is usable now, but I don't know how long it will last and don't feel like restarting it every few days, either.

It seems to me like some process/job is eating the whole processor while it's doing something that takes it ~12 seconds then waits for what it thinks is a minute before doing that thing again. Network IO stops, the UI freezes, any input from me gets cached somewhere and acted upon when 'the event' is over with.

Stopping Azureus and killing smbd doesn't stop the hiccups.

The output of 'ps -ALL -o "user pid pcpu pmem pri time args"' is here if you think it would help. If there are more/better options that will provide better information, I will certainly update it.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Also, turns out that if you want to run the new version of Azureus on Solaris 10 I can help you with that :unsmith:

Edit: forgot to mention that there are no chron jobs that execute any more often than once a day at and around 3 AM, so I'm fairly certian I'm OK there.

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 26, 2007