Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

nex posted:

This is maybe not the right thread to ask, but since its for Linux I will go ahead and ask anyways!

I want to be able to upload images to my webserver so I can use them when I post on forums, ala waffleimages. Any recommendations?

If it runs PHP, you can use this handy script provided by r1ch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TCC-Bot posted:

Speaking of SCO, has there been anything significant out of that debacle since like June of last year?

Yeah, it seems SCO only claims infringement on 326 lines of code, most of which are comments.
More info and Groklaw links at /.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Watson posted:

Say you have a directory that is full of .mp3 files that together make up an audiobook, but you ripped them from the CDs and so now you want to number the tracks sequentially 1 - 18 for example even though the tracks were ripped from three different CDs.

EasyTag does it. It's this button right here:

Be warned however, even though it only applies the numbers to selected files, it counts from all files visible.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Watson posted:

Thanks! I have not been able to find any documentation on EasyTag. I was able to apply the track numbers to all of the files, but when I try to rename the files to Track Number - Album I get a dialog where I can enter the mask to rename the files, but there is no OK button. How does this part work?

Thanks for putting up with a newbie.

Edit: Just to clarify. When I press F2 it does have an Apply button that lets me rename the directory, but when I click Scanner, Rename File(s) and Directory, it does not have an Apply or OK button. It looks like this second method is the way to rename all of the files in the directory, but I just can't get it to work.

F2 is only for the directory. To rename files, select them then click the fifth button, it's supposed to be a page being scanned but looks like a poorly drawn green lightsaber. From that window you can select renaming or auto-changing of tags. After you set the options click the scan/lightsaber button that is in that window to update the selected files.
At least that's how I do it, I havn't been able to find good documentation and I'm too used to T&R.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

spfdz posted:

Will it matter if it's on the local machine or should it be on a seperate machine?

Local machine will be faster obviously but it doesn't matter.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

thamaht posted:

I'm debating whether or not to install and try to fix it up, or wait for FeistyFawn.

Since Fiesty comes out in like 3 days, wait for it since Fiesty is greatly improved.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Toiletbrush posted:

But when Compiz is running, all of that goes away. Dialogs and new windows appear in the middle, means half on each screen, maximizing makes a window occupy both screens. That's stupid. How do I fix this?

You can't, easily. We were in this situation at work and upon investigating, it's only fixed in recent builds of Beryl. Recent as in, still in the source tree and not in packaged anywhere. If you want this to work, you'll have to switch to Beryl and compile from the source tree.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

I accidentally nuked my trash can icon on Feisty last night. How can I get it back (or create a shortcut that I can drag down to avast-window-navigator)?

Right click a panel and select add, the trash icon is listed as one of the things available.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Tusk posted:

Is there a problem with switching from Ubuntu (gnome) to Kubuntu by installing the package Kubuntu-desktop ??? what will happen with the programs i've installed so far??

Shouldn't have any problems. You may need to select KDE from the session manager at login the first time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Zom Aur posted:

Sometimes, wine doesn't play nice with pulse. What you can do is, use winecfg, switch to OSS output only, then you use padsp to launch wine.

Ergo, simply replace 'wine' with 'padsp wine' in your shortcuts, menus, or whatever you use to launch it. :)

(You could also give this a try, friends who like foobar seems to like that too)

Cross posting from the Ubuntu thread as this is what I used to do until I got sick of having to edit all my shortcuts and still having occasional audio issues with Wine. I ended up switching Wine to Esound and installing the esound->pulse bridge (pulseaudio-esound-compat, iirc) and havn't had a single issue with sound in Wine since then and I didn't have to mess with pulse.