Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Lynxifer posted:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a internet streaming radio solution that fits my needs. I would like something that plays MP3's (I don't really care about ogg vorbis support, I'm not THAT open sauce) that you can listen to with VLC, Winamp or whatever, but instead of having to create playlists, you can just tell it to play everything in a certain folder and be done with it.
I've looked at ICEcast2 which I couldn't get to work at all, and right now I can kind of cobble SHOUTcast to do my bidding, but I find it very messy and if another solutions exists I would drop it in a heartbeat.

How about gnump3d? (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnump3d/)

I used it for awhile (over a SSH tunnel) and it was pretty handy. Decent web interface, fairly easy setup, and could play whole directories with one click. It also supports downsampling on the fly and can support multiple users at once. I do remember having to set some strange permissions on my mp3 directories, but I think that was because I kind of gave up on the documentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU