Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I'm using Kubuntu on my Compaq laptop. I have 915resolution installed and my screen resolution is currently 1280 x 800. I'm not sure if I can do this, or how I would go about doing it but is there a way I can set my resolution to 1440 x 900? I think that the max resolution is 1280 x 800, and I have my doubts as to if I can change this or not. Thanks :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I'm running Kubuntu 6.10 with KDE 3.5.5 and I was wondering if there is a way for me to lock the position on my desktop at which certain windows open. For example I would like new gaim windows to open right next to the buddy list with their bottom edges aligned. Am I able to do this or am I just being overly anal and picky?

I'd go with anal and picky, but linux is made for picky guys like me so v:shobon:v

Edit: A buddy of mine helped me to do this. In case anybody else had the same question, you must right click on the windows title bar and select Configure Window Behavior, then you want to go to Window Specific Settings, select new, click detect and click the window you would like to modify, then go to the geometry tab and select position and you're done!

ShortStack fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 2, 2007

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I just got an external hard drive and I'd like to format it Ext3. Is there a better utility than fdisk to do this?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

teapot posted:

You can use parted or gparted instead of fdisk+mke2fs.

That's what I was looking for, thank you.