Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
I am interested in learning more about linux. I know the basics of installing it, compiling, etc etc. Basically I can run a desktop for my needs. I'm wanting to learn enough that I could be a systems administrator for a small company in linux.

What I want to know is what I should do for training and which certifications I should get and how to get experience.

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
For the live cd not booting. A lot of ones i've had this happend would boot if i put "ide=nodma" , hit enter without the quotes, then press enter to boot normally.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
I'm in a linux class right now and covering bash commands. One of my assignments is asking me to do this:

Edit the bashrc file so that when you type "hello" and press enter into the command line that it will reply "how are you?". It suggests using the echo command. I am not getting enough information from the class though to figure out how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction or just help me?

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
What man (main?) page? I don't see anything on aliases on the first page. I know how to make say x=alias "exit" and such, but not with text.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Skill use the cp function in command line along with the sudo account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
What technically happens when i run wget webforum.com -r -l 50