Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I'll be moving into a new, big house by winter. This means my own room, finally, and the room will be somewhat isolated from the rest of the house.

So this also means that finally, I can listen to some music out loud. The ONLY reason I don't have music going 24/7 is because I can't stand headphones.

I'm not much of an audiophile, but I'm getting into record collecting and I have a decent collection on my PC. What kind of setup can I get on a fairly low budget? I'm not sure if I'll be able to drill holes into walls and the likes, but I know I want to have speakers around the room with a warm atmosphere-y kinda thing going, and I can live with running wires under the carpet along the walls. Any sound card recommendations?

If there's a megathread for this kinda thing, send it my way. Thanks.

e: ohh, just realized there are wireless systems out there. How does this look?

fart barterer fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

Pibborando San posted:

Do not get Logitech speakers. They sound like rear end. What is your budget?

$150 - $200 sounds good to me. $200 is a bit of a stretch on my budget, but this won't be until winter so I'm just trying to get an idea.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

Arson Equity posted:

What are the best bang for the buck in speakers, budget of say 200, 250 if its a steal? Its strictly for records, tapes and CDs and its not super high quality stuff. Punk, metal, etc.

Basically what I'm asking, but not punk etc. Would it be better to just have two speakers? Because the idea of surround sound is nice, but I don't want to go too expensive and I don't want all those wires running around, and I'm not sure if wireless is cheap / dependable enough.