Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Boner Slam posted:

- Todays CD-Rom drives read a CD perfectly. If you plan on using an expensive-rear end CD player you should realise that even Meridian players (5000$+) have the same drive installed as your Dell. Yeah, audiophiles are that stupid.

people pay for expensive CD players primarily for their DACs.

buying a $5000 cd player is pretty ridiculous but some people have $50,000 speakers, so why shouldnt they buy a $5000 cd player then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Sanzu posted:

A good 42" inch to 50" plasma should cost between $3,000USD and $6,000USD. Pioneer Elite is ok, but Runco Plasmas are very reliable and competitively priced right now. If you can't spend that much, get an LCD with the best warranty you can find.

this statement is so wrong.... so so wrong.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

V.S. posted:

I don't understand home theater audio at all and need somebody to dumb it down for me.

I have an LG 42" LCD (with an optical audio out), an HD player, a room about 250 sq. feet, with 12' ceilings, and one end that's halfway open to another room. I want to get some new audio equipment to go along with it, but I can't figure out what to get at all. I'd like to spend closer to $500, but I'm willing to go a few hundred higher. Specific equipment recommendations would be great, but right now I can't even decide if I need 7.1 or 5.1, or how many watts, or which amps go with which speakers, or whatever else.

This will almost exclusively be used for movies, if that helps.

Edit:
Can somebody tell me if I'm in the right ballpark with:
Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
and
Denon AVR-687 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver

Edit2: Now I think 5.1 would make a lot more sense in my room.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=750337&lastpage=1

This is a kef 5.1 with a killer sub, and killer satellites. Its usually priced at $1000, but its half off for some weird reason. This set is slightly overpriced, but for $500 its an absolute steal.

If you want HDMI 1080p switching with a full featured receiver, get the yamaha vx661 from authorizedelectronics.com for $380. If you dont want that, then i would go for a panasonic xr-55 online, theyre around $200. Great little digital receiver. The denon you linked is nice, but the lower end denons seem to lack a lot of features and seem to charge you 20% more just because it has "denon" on it.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

V.S. posted:

Thanks for that speaker recommendation, it looks great.

That last bit is the sort of thing that's confusing me. My assumption is that I only want my receiver to get an audio input. That is, I want my HD video to go straight from the DVD player to the TV. So what's all this about HDMI 1080p switching? Is there a reason for me to buy that, or could I save money and not miss out on anything by getting a receiver without it?

really its only useful if you have like.. one hdmi input on your tv.

If your tv is good thought hen theres really no need for it.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

get some edifiers from ncix.org they are about twenty thousand times better than anything in the price category

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

triplexpac posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a "recommend me computer speakers" thread anywhere? I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I have a little mac iBook. I'm not expecting amazingly high quality sound out of this thing, but I like to hook it up to my LCD and watch movies so I'd appreciate some good speakers. If someone could help me out with some recommendations that would be great.

Edit: As for budget, I guess I'd be able to spend as high as $200?

Do you want a sub? if you dont want a sub you really CAN get amazingly high quality sound. Get the BX5a from zipzoomfly for $220 and you have excellent music and movie speakers.

.Nathan. posted:

Recommend me a relatively cheap HTiB with wireless rear speakers. Before you say anything, yes i know they suck, and no it's not for me which is why i have no knowledge of such things. The only must is that it have atleast one digital audio input for an STB, other than that it doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.

what is relatively cheap... the z5450 from logitech would fit the bill but i think its discontinued

Philips, samsung, and LG all offer "wireless rear" solutions in one form or another, not sure about the price on any of them honestly though.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 21, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Mellomeh posted:

Had a quick ctrl+f through the thread, couldn't see this posted anywhere, apologies if it was.

I have a couple of DVD-A which I want to play on my PC. I have a decent enough soundcard and surround speakers. I've found it very hard to find software which actually plays them. I downloaded a free trial of WinDVD 8 which played them in DTS surround sound, but I can't really afford to buy the full thing.

Basically, is there any free software which will play DVD-A in surround sound?

media player classic and VLC work if im not mistaken.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Toothpick Hero posted:

I want some new PC speakers; they don't have to be anything fancy, 2.1 is enough for me, but I would like a set with a good quality headphone out as my current set give a really horrible sound through theirs, and having to plug them into the back of the PC every time is a pain.

I'd like to keep them reasonably cheap, lets say less than $60A. I've been looking at the Logitech X-210s, any recommendations?

http://www.ncixus.com/products/25954/M3400/EDIFIER/

apparently tehse are special order 1-2 weeks but w/e they ar really good speakers

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

qirex posted:

There's a difference between a "phantom" center and a 2-channel mixdown. IMO not having the receiver try to do sneaky timing and echo tricks is preferable.

Are you saying a "phantom" center is the two front speakers with sneaky timing and echo tricks? and that a 2 channel mix down is the "clean" version with no processing done?

do any receivers even have that option?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

dirigible stew posted:

I have a set of stereo speakers on my desk that is hooked up to my sound card, I also have an xbox 360 hooked up to my monitor with the RCA Audio portion of the cable converted into 3.5 stereo which is currently hooked up to nothing.

I want to run both lines to the same set of speakers and use some sort of switch to easily press a button and change between audio sources because I hate going under and switching the cord everytime I want to change audio sources.

I've googled around and I can't seem to find poo poo for it so I'm hoping someone here has had a similar situation and has remedied it.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10112&cs_id=1011201&p_id=3027&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

this with 3.5mm female to 2 RCA male, and 3.5mm male to to RCA male

first ones kinda hard to find...

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

On Unicornback posted:

I have done some serious testing with and without my center channel, and I do prefer it there for true 5.1 mixes. That said I definitely need a better center speaker. While my Wharfedale bookshelfs are still good enough for me, I might upgrade them and use them as surrounds. This would also make matching a center channel much easier as that Wharfedale line has been discontinued.

I'm thinking two new bookshelfs for mains (6.5" woofer) and a new center. I'm considering the AV123 XLS-Oncore Monitors and X-CS center ($548.00 + shipping + wait for black finish)

The other setup I'm considering is: KEF IQ3 L/R and the IQ2C for center. I also like that the IQ3 can be bi-amped. ($505 shipped) Does anyone have any experience with KEF speakers? I haven't been able to dig up any useful reviews.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=31326
http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=31613

Recommendations for my front row setup would be awesome too. I'm looking for the $500-700 range for the L/R/C. I'm running an Onkyo 606, Wharefdale Atlantic 200s would become surrounds, and a Velodyne Vx-10 sub.

those kefs are a killer deal.. i really like the kef sound.

do you have good bookshelf stands? do you have some and theyre going to surround position? If so think about getting the kef iq5s, the extra $100 that would go toward a pair of stands can be put towards those.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Phillyt posted:

Well, my speakers crackle now on certain types of pitches. It's really subtle but really annoying to me. I moved to a new apartment and I notice sometimes when people turn on or off a light, it causes a loud thump sound to emanate from my speakers. Could this have damaged them? Could my power source be whats screwing up my speakers? They are Logitech Z-5550's if it makes any difference.

5500s always thump when you turn on light switches, that is totally normal for those speakers.

the crackling.. well that may just be lovely distortion, not so sure.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Fancy Baby posted:

Quick noob question:

I've got a 46" LCD and I'm picking up a cheapy LG HTiB and a PS3 for Blu-Ray. Unfortunately the HTiB doesn't have a HDMI input. At the moment my current scheme is to plug the PS3s HDMI out into the TV along with the HDMI out from the LG box, and then plug in an optical cable between the TV's optical output and into the LG box. Will this work?

I've read some place that some TVs will only pass 2 channel PCM through to the optical port which would obviously be a pretty crappy experience. I also understand the PS3 decodes the audio into PCM, so my line of thinking is if the TV gets a PCM input it should just send all the 8 channels straight down the optical back to the speakers.. right?

Looking at my TVs manual says there is a setting to switch between PCM and Dolby Digital over Optical, but that's about it.

Edit: Mysterious english from my manual

I think its trying to say that it will output the PCM audio as it is received. But other interpretations are welcomed.

Just take the optical from your PS3 and put it into the LG HTiB and have the ps3 output audio over the optical. It will only do DTS from blu rays but its not like a HTiB is high fidelity to tell the difference between DTS and high def audio formats anyways.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

cereal eater posted:

Not really a question, somewhat bragging, but I do want feedback if anyone has experience with either one of these products:

Pioneer Receiver SC-07
Dynaudio Excite X36

I just put a down payment on these today... hopefully I can get them by the New Year! The Dynaudios are fairly new, so I don't expect many if any to have experience with them, but the Pioneers are pretty popular from what I've seen. TIA to any replies.

ice amps combined with dynaudios new "efficient" excite line, an interesting combination. I really dont know enough about dynaudio to say if that was the "perfect" choice or not but regardless if its the best choice it will sound drat good.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Arkady posted:

I must be an audio idiot, because for the life of me I can't figure out (or hear) the difference when turning the knobs on that thing.

There are four knobs:
Volume - Turning it increases the amount of bass in relation to the overall volume. Simple enough.

Low filter (min-max) - According to the manual this lets me filter the lower frequencies. Firstly, does it need to be set closer to "min" to minimize the amount of low frequency sound, or should it be set closer to "max" to maximize the amount of low frequency sound it filters out? I tried setting it on full "min" or full "max" but couldn't hear a difference.
You recommended setting the filter lower (than 20Hz). Do you have any guesses how do the "min" and "max" come into play in terms of frequencies?

High filter (min-max) - According to the manual it allows me to limit the higher frequencies so that the sub wouldn't produce the higher frequencies that the other speakers do. I still couldn't hear a difference when setting it to "max" or "min" and not sure which way it should be set to limit the higher frequencies.

Phase - Adjusts the polarity of the sound waves. Yet again, setting it to "Max" or "min" did not produce any audible effects. Maybe I'm partly deaf.

set the low filter to 20hz, set the high filter to 140hz, set the phase to 0 degrees. Whats the volume knob current set at?

Your denon crossover in the speaker setup menu should be at 100hz (80hz if youve got big rear end speakers).

Your sub shutting down means its being run too hot... not sure what to tell you, i need more info on the speaker levels and how much you are boosting the sub in your receiver.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Arkady posted:

Thanks for the help, guys.
I set the low filter about 4/5 of the way towards Max, and haven't had a drop off since. I guess it helped/solved the problem.

Does this mean that the sub is faulty? If it supposed to support the 20Hz range, why does it fail when it gets there?

What do you mean drop off?? do you mean shutting down?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Pibborando San posted:

It's better to not get a $150 sub. Save up a little bit more and get the BIC PA-120. It's actually not crap.

have you read any reviews of the PA-120?? doesnt seem like anyone has actually picked the thing up yet... trying to recommend a sub to my cousin and i cant decide if the PA-120 would be enough for him (as opposed to vk12)

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Symon Lymon posted:

Great! Awesome. I changed Digital Output to Bitstream from PCM.

Now, there are two more options: PCM Down Sampling and Dynamic Compression, which are both set to ON. Do I need to leave these alone or set them to OFF?

Edit: Okay, I turned PCM Down Sampling off and kept Dynamic Compression on, based on what I read. Now Dark Knight only has one surround sound audio mode which reads "Dolby D" on the display, and it sounds awesome.

turn off dynamic compression... it artificially makes the midrange louder so it seems to sound better at lower volume levels, if you ever turn it up though it will sound like dog poo poo.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Zand posted:

So I got this home theatre in a box system by pioneer with a sub, and 5 speakers. I already have 2 very nice bookshelf speakers and a receiver that is also OK. I thought it would be nice to hook up the surround sound to my receiver, which I did, because the centerpiece of the home theatre system does not have video or audio inputs (WTF).

Anyway, I wanted to hook up the subwoofer in this system to my receiver but my receiver only has a mono RCA jack for subwoofer out, and the subwoofer ONLY has speaker wire coming out of it. How do I hook this up?

It would help a lot if you gave us some idea of what home theater in a box this is.

Sounds like the subwoofer is expecting to be driven by an AMP... which means you would have to buy a power amp that could power it.

Really it would be better just to return the thing.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Warren G. Farting posted:

I'm considering upgrading my current vanilla two speaker setup to 5.1 surround, but would like to do it in the cheapest way possible (duh). I currently have two Bose 301 series 4 speakers and a new Samsung LCD TV. Would it be retarded to use the tv as the center channel, and just buy two satellite speakers and a subwoofer to complete the system? Is this frankenstein configuration going to perform much worse than a more cohesive set of speakers? If this isn't such a stupid idea, are there any suggestions for the satellites and subwoofer?

yeah using your tv for a center channel is a *really* bad idea, and i dont even know if it can be done.

what you should do is move the bose 301 to surround duty, and then buy new front speakers (L,R,and center). whats your budget

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

aerdil posted:

So I just received my refurbished HK AVR 247 receiver. Unfortunately there's a very audible hiss and crackling coming from the Surround Left channel. With the volume turned down all the way, all the other channels are completely silent, but the noise from the Surround Left remains the same.

I've switched speakers, speaker wire, disconnected all components, changed electrical sockets, and resetted the wires going to the receiver. The sound is constant throughout, only in that one single channel.

Any ideas on what may be busted? Is there anything else I can try, or am I stuck returning or getting it repaired?

I think harman audio will do an exchange for a new one, no need for repair.
http://stores.ebay.com/Harman-Audio/Return-and-Exchange-Policies.html

It looks like they will cover your shipping as well.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Syfe posted:

Alright. My TV only has Optical Out for "Digital Audio Out" and my Surround Sound system only has Digital Coax (also RCA/etc), which of these two converters do I need to do this right?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2948&seq=1&format=2

or

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2947&seq=1&format=2

the top one.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
most dont have the ability to adjust output with the red and white on the back of the TV though.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

hawk989s posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-ZOO-H4-Handy-Recorder/dp/B000LGA2K6/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1237254684&sr=8-1

This is a handy device and has great sound quality. you can use your own mics or the built in ones.

Yeah thats supposed to be amazing but its also 225 dollars...

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ben posted:

Well evidently the BR-1 was backordered. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy Tannoys in the US?

your local tannoy dealer, unless its studio monitors then on a lot of places online like samash

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Ben posted:

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything local as far as distributors. The only hifi shops nearby are the kind that specialize in Nordost cables and $10k speakers. I went for a pair of kit speakers from LSK. I would've rather avoided doing the finishing myself, but they should sound fine enough.

are they bookshelf kits? This guy does good cabinets. http://www.diyspeakercabinets.com/

a pair of veneered cabinets will cost you around $250-$300.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

JDub posted:

I have been looking at home subwoofers and looked alot at velodyne but they are a little out of my price range. I am looking for something to use with my home theatre and something that I can play music on in the living area. I dont know if those 2 conflict in what I am looking for but I really dont know alot about subwoofers and what I should be looking for.

you have to give us a price otherwise i could easily list 30+ subwoofers

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

JDub posted:

I was looking to spend $300-500

If you want one of the best musical subs on the market theres this:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=65525.0

With this sub you have to place it AWAY from the walls though, and leave it a lot of room to breathe... however its a really great musical sub.

If you dont have a lot of flexibility with placement then yeah go with the elemental designs A2-300.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

tinselt0wn posted:

I would like to buy some of those quasi surround speakers. Looking at the Axiom QS8s, but only because I know they will fit in with my current axiom stuff.

Are those kind of speakers just a gimmick? Any other better ones for that ~$500 range?

Those speakers are not a gimmick, theyre supposed to be really good "ambient surrounds". They ARE surround speakers though, meaning they are meant for movies and not 5.1 music listening, but if youre using them for movies (which you probably are) then definitely dont hesitate to pick them up.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Fragmaster posted:

Alright, I feel stupid posting this, but I'm setting up my home theater stuff (just a standard Sony reciever/speakers home theater in box thing I've had forever, just using in a new location), and for some reason the center speaker isn't working. The whole calibration process for all the other speakers works fine, but nothing is coming out of center. I've checked the connections multiple times and even tried different speaker wires, but nothing. And yes the volume for the center speaker is up.

Is there something obvious I'm not thinking of here? I'm nearly stumped.

the center only works if you are matrixing stereo sound, or if you are playing 5.1 material. if you are playing stereo sound and not matrixing it the center has nothing to play.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Fragmaster posted:

Well yes which is why is this a problem, everything works for 5.1 except center so... not a lot of dialogue.

Maybe I should have explained better: center won't even play a test tone, but all the other speakers do.

oops i thought it was working during the calibration process and not during everything else. Well to troubleshoot you should hook the center channel up in place of the left or right speaker and make sure its just not the center channel thats dead, if it does work then the amp in the receiver may be broken for the center. If it doesnt work well then obviously the center channel itself is broken.

quote:

Maybe the fuse for the center channel blew at some point? They're pretty easy to locate, test and replace if that's the case.

Unless the center channel has an amp in it then theres not going to be a fuse to blow.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

tinselt0wn posted:

What are the best Bookshelves for around 500/pair?

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8502

from what i can tell that tweeter is very similar to the ones found monitor audio platinum $5,000 PL100s and $10,000 PL300s

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/Intimus-5B-Bookshelf-Speaker,108,20,250.aspx

nicer cabintery, assembled obviously

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00120Y3MS

nice 25% off on jamo from amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C803-Stereo-Surround-Speakers/dp/B0010HFLHY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1239238733&sr=1-14

803s also possible

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 9, 2009

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

KingKapalone posted:

How do people break-in their surround speakers? My music is only 2.1. Is there a way to play my MP3s that I stream to my PS3 and out my Pioneer 1018 over all 7 speakers I have now?

When playing a 5.1 blu-ray is it possible to have my two rear speakers mimic the two side speakers, so they will at least be utilized despite playing the same audio?

your receiver should be matrixing sound to 7.1 out of a 5.1 signal if im not mistaken when playing blu ray movies.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

BiohazrD posted:

Just got an Onkyo 607, now I need speakers. Suggestions?

http://www.wwstereo.com/#/ecommerce/store/Speakers/33/144763/9_1_-1_103__0_0_0_-1/

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Straithate posted:

Many years ago I picked up a JBL E150P Subwoofer for my HT. Several years after that I purchased a HTIB, Onkyo brand, for a new apartment. As far as I can tell the subwoofer that came with it is an SKW-540, which seems to resemble an SKW-204.

I really have no idea which subwoofer is better at this point... So, which one would you hook up?

the jbl should definitely have more power and be a better woofer cone than the onkyo. if you want you can take out both the woofers and look at the actual magnet structure, the jbl is probably a lot heavier than the onkyo which probably is way cheaper looking

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

DonkeyHotay posted:

Is there any benefit to bi-wiring speakers or is it more dumb audiophile poo poo?

audiophile poo poo.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

fahrvergnugen posted:

I dunno, I didn't double-blind or anything but it sounded different to me. Maybe the plates connecting my terminals are lovely or something, but I liked the bi-wire better.

Or it could have been psychosomatic audiophile poo poo. I didn't even single-blind that test.

if your brain wants to hear a difference it will. its not a very reliable organ for audio testing

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Schpyder posted:

So, I'm here thinking it's about time to upgrade my aging and increasingly feature-poor Panasonic XR50 receiver. I've been doing a bit of research, and would like to spend in the neighborhood of $700 to $800.

The best looking deal right now is the Pioneer Elite SC-05, which is a drat beaut of a receiver. It scrapes by under $800 at a handful of places online. The only problem is, these places (dbuys, iBuyDigital, BestBuyPCS) all seem a little shady, and apparently have some history of selling grey-market items (although mainly camera bodies) according to resellerratings. This is compounded by the fact that Pioneer apparently won't honor the warranty on an Elite unit bought through a non-authorized dealer, which happens to be pretty much anyone online selling them at any sort of discount.

My next choice would have been the recently discontinued Denon AVR-2809CI, which seems to mostly now be right at or a little above that $800 line, at least at the few places left you can get it (HDTVDreams Palm Beach Digital, Digital Craze). Of course, Denon has a similar policy to Pioneer with regards to the warranty, but at least they tell you what places are authorized. Unfortunately, only one or two of those still sell it, and way more than my price range.

So, now I'm down to a couple of choices. Do I take a risk and get one of the nicer models from one of these lesser-known companies, knowing that if I have a problem with it, I'm probably up poo poo creek? Or do I go and get something a little less capable like a Denon 2309 from somewhere reputable like Abe's of Maine for about $630, or an open-box Marantz SR6003 from OneCall (which will include Marantz's warranty)?

I've been wracking my brains over this for the last couple days, and any guidance would be appreciated.

call up pioneer check if dbuys is allowed to sell pioneer elite stuff... abes of maine i know is authorized so if you want some piece of mind buy it from there (its $900 though). to be honest i dont see how the avr 2809 can compare to the elite... the elite has 130w B&O ice modules, a 115 watt denon is not going to sound anywhere near as good as the elite does.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Schpyder posted:

I know for a fact that none of the places selling the SC-05 cheaply are authorized Elite dealers. I'm gonna agonize a little between getting the Marantz pretty cheap or just spending $100 over what I wanted to spend and just get the SC-05 from Abe's (which also apparently includes a 3-year Mack warranty).

gently caress it. Just ordered the SC-05 from Abe's. :dance:

Nice. i hope those ICE amps get a good workout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

dilbread posted:

I recently got a pair of studio monitors for my computer. The situation is that I have a stock sound card, and I need to hook these monitors to my computer with one small jack connection. The monitors don't come with any wires at all (minus power cable of course), and they have XLR and TRS ins. I want to maximize sound quality without spending too much on friggin wires, and I want to be able to connect them to my computer and make them stereo, not mono. What do I buy?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=2120&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10244&cs_id=1024404&p_id=4776&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

i think this should work

i dont know if it has XLR male or female..