Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax

V-Men posted:

I'm in a similar situation, although mine is mainly for movies. While the Yamaha Sound Projector sounds cool, for aesthetic purposes, I'd definitely like floor-standing speakers.

Echoing this. I'd really like a nice 2.1 setup for my TV, but I can't find one that's not either underpowered or comes with some useless dvd player I'll never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax
Alright, so can anyone give me any significant downsides to hooking up a couple KRK RP6s with a KRK powered sub and using it as sound for my (admittedly meagre) A/V system?

I'm not interested in Surround right now, but I want fuller sound than what is put out by my TV's flimsy speakers. All I've really heard to the negative is that monitors aren't designed to sound 'good' they're designed to sound 'accurate'. Are there any more solid reasons to not do this setup than that?