Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achates
Apr 30, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I'm going to be moving into a dorm this fall and I'm looking to get a nice pair of speakers without spending too much money, my high end being about $150. I'm already going to cram a tv and a pc into that same side of the room, so I have to find something that isn't too large. Preferably something that will fit on a desk or a shelf without having to huddle on the other side of the room to do my homework. I'll probably hook them up to a pc or mp3 player and use them mostly for music, but I am going to do some gaming which I want to sound nice too. I've been searching Amazon and I went to Best Buy, but they didn't have much sitting out that I could listen to. I am nervous about spending that much based solely on Amazon reviews. Can anyone here recommend something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU