Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I have a Chromecast Audio connected to my amp (Heaven 11Billie) through optical. My issue is that the CC just doesn't sound good with Spotify, it just sounds super tinny. Spotify sounds fine with my amp's AptX but it randomly gets choppy like bluetooth always does. I recently had a trial sub to Tidal and that sounds good but I've spent years with Spotify so I'm just used to the environment.

Anyway, are there any cheap streamers that support Spotify or Spotify Connect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

yoohoo posted:

Every now and then I run into some hiccups with my receiver. It's a Denon S750H hooked up to a Sony TV. It has randomly turned off in the middle of listening to music and a few times the screen has just cut to black for 5 seconds and then returns. Pretty much everything is brand new - the receiver, the tv, the cables, the speakers, etc. The cutting to black screen has happened mostly on the PS4. Any ideas?

Maybe try changing your video settings to YUV420 on your PS4 otherwise I would get a new high speed HDMI cable and see if that fixes the issue. My receiver did that occasionally when it ran FFXV due to what seemed like bandwidth limitations caused by a bad HDMI cable.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

KillHour posted:

I'm an idiot who is considering getting into vinyl just for the tactile experience of getting high and putting on a record.

What's the to-go decent but not expensive record player that doesn't require a bunch of loving around to use?

IIRC, $150-200 was a decent budget in the before-times, but that might not be the case now

Edit: maybe this?

Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black, Hi-Fi, 2 Speed, Dust Cover, Anti-Resonance, Die-Cast Aluminum Platter https://a.co/d/52aNNn6

This is fine for your needs and it already has a phono preamp. There's a model with Bluetooth that's $50 more. Just remember you'll still need a receiver+speakers or active speakers.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

KillHour posted:

Bring back the Chromecast audio, you cowards!

Only if they can make it do gapless playback.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Is this a good deal, I got a 4K projector and all I got is old cables

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I don't remember if I did a factory reset when I donated my old Onkyo, so give that a shot.