Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I would like to use an old XB360 I've been given recently but I am not sure how to get sound out of it in the most convenient way. I do not have the proprietary cable that provides you the coaxial plugs, so I am going to buy one of these for around 5$: https://www.ebay.com/itm/XBox-360-G...JQAAOSwfCZZysFj

I want to connect this to a Sabaj D3 that I am really happy with it as it can be powered via USB and is generally exactly what I want: http://www.sabaj.com.cn/en/productshow.asp?id=70

Now I need to connect the coaxial cables to the Sabaj INPUT3 (see link above), but how? My question is: Don't coaxial cables come in pairs for stereo? Do I misunderstand something here? I can't connect the optical from the XBox to the device as this is already used by the PC. Do I simply buy a merging cable that combines the 2 coaxial cables from the Box to one? Do I lose stereo? Or is that IN3 input something entirely different? Would appreciate some help. Thank you!

Alternatively I could use the headphone jack from my screen and connect it to the Sabaj, but I still don't know what kind of cable I would need. Maybe that's even better. Thanks for any answers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Baby Proof posted:

Could you do USB input from your computer, then you'd have the optical input available for the xbox.
Yep, this is what I am going to do. Never heard of coaxial carrying digital audio before. Thanks to you both, Flipperwaldt and Baby Proof!

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Not really a question but rather a rant. I had the Creative Pebble V2 for a while and I think they're a steal for 20$ and sound really good. I wanted to improve my setup a little but noticeable though. Looked up reviews and chose the Bose Companion 2 Serie III. I also considered the cheapest Edifiers, which looked really cool but I just don't have the space on my desk. The Bose speakers came, I plugged them in and found them to be a little muffled, so I also installed FxSound, a free equaliser which is more than enough for me, reduced bass and increased clarity, heights and dynamic boost. When I listen to music (drum 'n bass from the 90's e.g.) I really do think they are great as they have a powerful (for my purposes) bass and sound generally good.

The thing is: While I appreciate the improved sound the low-frequency bass irritates me to no end. Subconsciously I want to increase distance to the speakers (distance is about 1 meter) and feel like there is some pressure on my ears even at low volume (all of this is relatively low volume so far). I can't help but want the pebbles back for having a "smaller sound" (lacking the correct vocabulary here). Am I weird? Will I get used to this? Is this perhaps actually hurting my ears (very unlikely) or just irritating me because of the first time I have something that can reliably produce substantial bass? I guess I'll keep them for a while and see. I am still quite disappointed with this experience though. Sorry for the rant.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 20, 2023

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

qirex posted:

There's different ways bass can go wrong. What you're describing sound like what I've heard described as "flabby" or "bloated" and I think it comes from Bose attempting to make it feel like bass can come out of those 2" drivers, probably with a combo of the cabinet design and DSP/tuning but there's only so much they can do and if you really hate the sound you're best off with something else. Other small [but not as small as the Companions] speakers I've heard decent things about : Audioengine A2, Swan OS-10, iLoud Micro Monitor, Vanatoo Transparent Zero, Presonus Eris 3.5, Mackie CR3-X.

Hm, yeah. That might be it. I may try one more set of speakers. Thank you very much for those recommendations, quirex.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Alright, I hope this is not getting too technical. I have a UKW/DAB radio (plus internet radio and several other functions): Dual CR 900 Phantom

The manual says I can detach the antenna (there is only one telescopic antenna) and attach another. It looks like this (note the small pin that goes into the radio):
https://www.amazon.com/Fancasee-Telescopic-Connector-Receiver-Amplifier/dp/B07TBWMLG9/ref=psdc_667846011_t2_B094MQXTDK

The replacement I bought was this one (note the larger "pin"/tube):
https://www.amazon.com/POBADY-Conne...64&sr=8-11&th=1

Generally I would like something longer that I can hang out the window.

Those two connectors do not look the same and the second antenna can't be attached to the device. There are adaptors for the second one but the plug/pin looks to big instead of being like a needle. My question is: Is there another adaptor or am I doing something fundamentally wrong like mixing TV and radio antennas (why wouldn't that work?)? What kind of antenna with fitting plug should I buy then?

I am new to this. Please tell me if this should be posted somewhere else. Thank you very much for reading.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Thank you both! That was an elaborate answer, Flipperwaldt. Giving me a name (F Type) lead me to this page which has what I wanted:
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/conecto-Adapter-Between-Connector-Satellite-F-Male-IEC-Coax/dp/B07PDZ72M9

Your little project looks cool, I will keep it in mind. Your link should come in handy too, thanks!

Yes, I am from Germany. I don't really know why I chose amazon.com, perhaps to make sure there are no misunderstandings (language) or technical issues when describing a problem. Well spotted. Thanks again.