Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I need to get new speakers, want to say my range is around 150$, powered. Are building speakers very difficult if I have zero soldering experience? I can build the cabinets, the electronics is what is scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
What are the best bang for the buck in speakers, budget of say 200, 250 if its a steal? Its strictly for records, tapes and CDs and its not super high quality stuff. Punk, metal, etc.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

WanderingKid, whats your opinion of the speakers here? On the last page is the specs to the Vifas, I think I might build those but I have no idea how they'd perform. Not that you'd really know, but is it worth it?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Is there an easy way to find a manual for my denon avr2600? Its from the early 90's

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Girlfriend needs a new DVD player. I saw a site a few years ago linked from here that was essentially the monoprice.com of electronics, they usually had stock of cables and a bunch of crap, but would routinely get in DVD players and whatnot that seemed pretty reliable, you can de-region them and had all the little nice features like photo slideshow, SD cards or something..

I want a cheap DVD player that works WELL, I think she got her last one at Walmart, anyways it doesnt read DVDs anymore.

Cheap DVD player sites?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

.Nathan. posted:

OPPO? http://www.oppodigital.com/
Nope. Like monoprice.com but for electronics in general. Got some korean DVD player for 50$ there at the time. I need something cheap.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

The extra gimmicky stuff isn't necessary, just don't want it to poo poo out after 10 months.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

What is the cheapest cable hiding solution for (white) walls? Needs to fit component plus a minijack to stereo cable.. its going up one wall and across the ceiling

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I have not considered going through the wall/ceiling, are there DIY tutorials for this? Its an old place and the ceiling is plaster.

Is there a cheaper place to get that raceway whatever stuff online? I am getting a bunch of cables through monoprice and I don't mind waiting a week. I also don't know what a "DIY store" is.. diy audio store? Don't know of any in chicago, I know a decent audio place but they dont sell it.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Oh duh, yeah thanks. I'm going to home depot today anyway.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I just found a pair of Pioneer CS G303's in an alley. Are these any good?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

No

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I was cleaning the heads on my current tape deck (kenwood kx w8050 (pos)) and thought I'd try to clean my backup deck too, the one that sometimes locks the door and won't let tapes out.

I just realized the left side capstan of the A-side (left) deck is entirely missing. Completely, all my other decks have two and there's the mechanism for the capstan, just not the actual metal bit that attaches to the capstan motor.

I am correct in assuming this is really wrong, yes?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I want to build an integrated amp. Preferably with the ability to switch between at least the following sources:

Tape
Ext
Turntable
CD

What are my options? Kits? Books with diagrams from the library? My friend builds cabinets and all sorts of junk and she says there are plenty of reference materials, I just don't know where to start looking.

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 29, 2009

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

what is this audio connection? on an old recordable phonograph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Cheapest options for floor speaker stands?