Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

What is tu name? posted:

I just bought a new Onkyo Home Theater Receiver (TX-SR504) from Circuit City after my old Kenwood from the 70's pooped out. I have a pair of Bose 901 Series speakers from 1983 and they have the equalizer box that you're supposed to run through the tape input and output on the back of the receiver.

The problem is when I hook the speakers up as the "B" set of speakers (like it told me to in the manual) I have no equalizer control through either the receiver or Bose equalizer. Then when I connect the the speakers through the "A" channel as the front speakers of surround sound, I can control the equalizer through the receiever but still not through the Bose equalizer. And then the speakers just sound hollow because I have no center speaker, sub woofer, etc.

Regardless, I can't get the decent bass with the new receiever that I got with my old one - the sound is very flat.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get the speakers to work properly through the "B" set and how I can get the Bose equalizer to work? Sorry if this was confusing - I'm not a great audio mind.

This might be too simple of a solution but when running through the "A" channel is your receiver set to 2 channel stereo mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.
I'm planning on picking up a pair of Paradigm 370 v4 rear surrounds. They've been used for 5 months and I can get them for $300 cash. I've got a few pieces of Paradigm gear already which I love. So...Is there any reason to avoid these or should I go for it?