Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iblys
Sep 23, 2003

gay for iBag....i mean, disconnect and self-destruct one bullet at a time...

SkaWes posted:

Me personally, I cannot tell the difference between a 320 & 128 MP3 file, so I rip everything at 128 and it works just fine for me. If the same is true for you, then rip them at whatever the lowest bitrate that sounds good to you is.

And what happens when you buy a better stereo?

I used to not care about mp3 quality, I'd have mixed bitrates, bits of this, bits of that, some 128kbit albums, some -aps albums... I mean, what the gently caress did I care, as if I can tell the difference through my reasonably cheap headphones?

Then I bought a decent stereo. Long story short, anything that's not a decent bitrate is getting replaced.

You might not be able to hear the difference now, on your current equipment, in your current listening environment, etc. However, if that's enough to make you go with the lower bitrate, you're being terribly shortsighted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU