Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiko
Nov 12, 2003

Ask me about dropping out and getting molested by Arnold Schwarzenegger!
Okay, so I'm completely new to having a home theater system and I inherited a sony speaker system along with reciever from a friend when I moved into his room for the summer. Whenever the reciever is at a "lesser" signal such as regular stereo or Dolby Digital 2.1 it sounds normal.

However, whenever I'm using Dolby Digital 5.1 (XBox 360 with optical cables) it seems to be to be very, very light on the bass. The subwoofer is barely making a peep and I have it boosted to +10.0 according to the reciever. Is something wrong, it seems like +10.0 brings it to slightly below normal when I'm playing games or watching a movie and its on 5.1 DD. Otherwise, the satelites sound amazing and it really helps in immersing you.

I know this is a very unspecific question with poor descriptions, but hopefully this'll help narrow it down.

Edit: I can't remember under what circumstances it happened, but the reciever was giving me an "UNPROTECT" code. What the hell could that mean?

Also I've noticed that in game menus on my 360, the sound will only come out of the 2 satelites (no sub), then when the game starts up, its active, but not very loud, as mentioned before. I should go find the drat manual...

Kiko fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU