Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathwish238
Mar 16, 2004
The Consummation of Death

Gibby 117 posted:

I am in the market for wireless or 2.1 (that sounds like a 5.1). What would be the best, I hear mix reviews of Bose 3-2-1 systems.

This is for my HDTV with xbox 360, and ps3.

Thanks.
I can give you a page long reply about Bose, but I'll keep it short. I like to say Bose takes a Kia and tries to sell it off as a Lexus. And they do a drat good job too...they have some of the best marketing I have ever seen. Their speakers are made from cardboad and foam and the enclosures are generally made of plastic. Bose also does not make a subwoofer, they have "bass modules" as they do not play low enough to be considered as a subwoofer. Low quality products for a very high price.

You have better options for speakers that simulate surround sound without having rear speakers. Yamaha and Polk both offer solutions as does M&K, Denon, and KEF. Out of them I would go with a Yamaha Sound Projector.

Are you simply against the idea of running wires across your room? There are options to hide the wires as no one wants wires everywhere. Nothing beats having rears. Panasonic does have a few options to do wireless rears, but they're simply okay...nothing amazing. I've always wondered if you could use the Panasonic wireless rear transmitter and hook it up to an amp to power a set of rears.

How much are you looking to spend?

Mister Biff posted:

Can anyone recommend some decent replacement speakers for me?

I've got a pretty standard 5.1 setup at the moment, but my center channel died, and my rears have always been poo poo. ( :haw: ) It's mostly used to play games and watch movies; I've got another system for music.

I'm not looking to break the bank, but I can probably afford a few hundred bucks for the package.
What receiver do you have? Was this a HTIB? Best Buy has their Insignia bookshelves for $50ish a pair. They're a great value if you want something that won't break the bank. I'ld use them as your rears. Spend more on your center, especially if you watch a lot of movies. The center channel is used for almost all dialog so having a quality center is important. Check out Polk, Infinity, Klipsch, Yamaha, B&W, Ascend, the list goes on and on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU