Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Just got a new HTiB/HDTV combo (Samsung LNS4692D + this) and am in the process of hooking everything up.

How can I get my PS2 and Gamecube to have the picture coming from the TV and the audio coming from the HTiB? Do I have to plug it directly into the DVD player for this to work? Or is there a way for all sound from the TV to go through the receiver? The GC's on composite cables, the PS2 is on component, they're currently both neatly plugged into the TV. If I can avoid too much plug switching down the back of the DVD player, I'm all for it.

I've got an HDMI cable on the way specifically to enable progressive scan on DVDs, would this help me at all? Could I run video game audio through this from the TV to the HTiB? Any easy solutions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU