Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004
I currently have a Yamaha 5.1 surround system where all of the speakers are 6 ohms. I'm planning on eventually upgrading all of the speakers. I ordered 2 athena bookshelf speakers that are 8 ohms. The receiver has a selector for 6 and 8. Should I leave this at 6? I read somewhere that the impedance setting of your receiver should be lower than that of your speakers, but want to verify this is correct before I get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004
Just built a new desk (couple Ikea counter tops, drawer units, and legs) and decided to add a pair of speakers since I was 100% headphone before. Well, these Klipschs (The Sixes) put out enough base to vibrate the desk a lot more than the old Logitech 5.1 computer speakers I gave up on a while ago. I found a few things on Amazon that will probably do the trick, but figured I'd check here to see if anyone has solved this already. Any suggestions will be helpful.