Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Apologies if the solution here is glaringly obvious, but I'm one of those sad people who had everything hooked up through RF until a couple years ago.

I have an old stereo TV that only has mono sound input. What sort of cable would I need to get stereo sound when hooking something up through the component audio/video? Just something to plug the left and right channel cables into, which would then go into the TV's audio input?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Rollersnake posted:

Apologies if the solution here is glaringly obvious, but I'm one of those sad people who had everything hooked up through RF until a couple years ago.

I have an old stereo TV that only has mono sound input. What sort of cable would I need to get stereo sound when hooking something up through the component audio/video? Just something to plug the left and right channel cables into, which would then go into the TV's audio input?

Last post on the previous page. Can someone help me with this?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Would someone please tell me what the name of this sort of USB port is? I've been looking online for some sort of RCA to USB cable, and they all are either standard USB or mini USB, of which this is neither.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

eddiewalker posted:

That's a female USB-B.

You need more than just an adapter to go from RCA to USB.

Clarify, please?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Well, that... certainly complicates things.

To clarify, I'm trying to output audio from a game console to the stereo through that USB audio port. Can I do that, and if so, could someone link me to whatever adapter I'd need?

Looking like it's going to be cheaper to just have the drat auxiliary port repaired...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
That "USB audio" port is on the stereo itself, located right next to the auxiliary phono port, so I assumed it was for input. But I don't actually know that, and whatever documentation I might have gotten with this stereo is long gone.

I ended up just sending the stereo to the repair shop to get that auxiliary port fixed, so if I ever figure out what that USB audio port is for and how to use it, it'll just be to satisfy my curiosity.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 21, 2010