Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reasonable Man
Sep 11, 2001

smithereens got 'em scaling heights
PC->audio system has been beaten to death already, but I wonder how important sound cards are in this sort of setup? I have heard mixed things in real life discussions with people on the matter. I'll layout my setup (or setup my layout?):

I have a Dell Dimension PC which has an onboard 7.1 sound and a headphone jack up in the front of the tower. Currently I'm using a stereo 1/8" plug->RCA adapter with the RCA cables going from the adapter to the audio receiver. PC headphone jack to receiver.

It feels wrong.. is there any better way to do this? Is there anything wrong with this, or if this is the way to do it, is it better to get the actual 1/8"->RCA cable then have an RCA cable plugged into the adapter? Is it best to get some kick rear end soundcard with some magic PC OUT jack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU