Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I have a couple quick questions:

I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS PCMIA Sound Card and am currently just running a headphone to rca converter to my receiver. My receiver has an optical in jack, and for $15-25 I can get the Soundblaster Digital I/O Module and switch to optical. Does that make sense to do? Am I going to hear any difference in quality?

Also, I have a passive 150w 15" subwoofer running from my receiver to my speakers (Cerwin Vega D-3s). I really would like to be able to use the subwoofer jack on my reciever, and I would also like to have more control over the sound coming out my speakers. I have thought about maybe getting a subwoofer amplifier and hooking it up to the sub so that the sub would be active, would that be feasible? Is there some sort of audio device I can buy that will do what I want?

And lastly, I have a sharp tv that has a broken cable jack. So I run my cable through my jvc vcr. I also have a jvc receiver. I have a remote for the tv which "works" with the vcr, and I mean works as in it has a button for vcr channel up and vcr channel down. The remote of course does not work with the receiver. I do have a remote for my receiver which is nice, and it "works" with my jvc vcr but can only turn it off and on. This remote does not work with my tv. The question that I am getting to, after all that information, is there a universal remote that will work with my reciever, my vcr and my tv? And if there isnt, or if it would just cost a ton, what is a good cheap universal remote that will work with my vcr and my tv 100%?

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU