Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.
I am in the market for wireless or 2.1 (that sounds like a 5.1). What would be the best, I hear mix reviews of Bose 3-2-1 systems.

This is for my HDTV with xbox 360, and ps3.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.

Deathwish238 posted:

I can give you a page long reply about Bose, but I'll keep it short. I like to say Bose takes a Kia and tries to sell it off as a Lexus. And they do a drat good job too...they have some of the best marketing I have ever seen. Their speakers are made from cardboad and foam and the enclosures are generally made of plastic. Bose also does not make a subwoofer, they have "bass modules" as they do not play low enough to be considered as a subwoofer. Low quality products for a very high price.

You have better options for speakers that simulate surround sound without having rear speakers. Yamaha and Polk both offer solutions as does M&K, Denon, and KEF. Out of them I would go with a

Are you simply against the idea of running wires across your room? There are options to hide the wires as no one wants wires everywhere. Nothing beats having rears. Panasonic does have a few options to do wireless rears, but they're simply okay...nothing amazing. I've always wondered if you could use the Panasonic wireless rear transmitter and hook it up to an amp to power a set of rears.

How much are you looking to spend?

Well thanks for the warning on Bose. The deal is my aparment is very small and wires or a rug to cover the wires is out of the question. I dont want to spend too much but up to around 1k for a good system.

That Yamaha Sound Projector. looks great! Thanks.

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.
sadly the Yamaha Sound Projector does not work for me, my room is too small.

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.

Space Gopher posted:

Sounds like a ground loop. Try plugging everything into the same power strip, and see if that fixes the problem. Another possibility might be electromagnetic interference. Do you have any other electronic equipment or fluorescent lights nearby?
Is it carpeted with molding along the walls? If so, you can tuck wires out of sight down there. If your apartment is small, you'll probably be putting the speakers as close to the walls as possible, right?

did that with the cable wire and umm does not work well. My SO hates that idea of running wires. I might just get a crappy 5.1 set from Sears that has wireless back speakers. Now I am looking for small stands.

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.
Can I turn [url]http://www.amazon.com/Creative-GigaWorks-ProGamer-Wireless-51MF4080AA001/dp/B000ENMN1W/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9/104-8634843-6799135?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176037879&sr=8-9] this computer speaker system[/url] into a system for my HDTV?

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.
Ok so now I have my 52" HDTV samsung. It has SRS TruSurround HD if that is any help.

Now my leaving room has limted space so I do not think that a 5.1 system would fit well. Also my wife is very anti-wire.

So I am looking for a very nice 2.1 or 3.1 (if they exist). I would like it if possible to connect to the tv so I dont have to switch the hdmi cable arounds.I am willing spend a good amount on a good system but it has to be black to match the decor. Anyone have any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibby 117
Jun 13, 2006

Open your mind.

vanilla slimfast posted:

Then get a nice matched pair of fronts and a center, and then a subwoofer to go with it. Any modern receiver should be smart enough to handle running in whatever configuration you wire up, even if it's not 5.1 or 7.1

You can then wire all of your sources into the receiver, and then run a single HDMI cable to the TV just for video. The receiver handles all the audio processing and signal switching.

Any speaker suggestions? I am a total newbie when it comes to speakers. I am looking for black book self speakers and a good thin (to fit under my TV) center. Then a nice bass.