Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
Got my gear in today from New Enough.

Joe Rocket:

Phoenix Jacket Large Tall in Black.

Phoenix Over Pants Large in Black.

Phoenix Gloves Large in Black.

I initially had the XL pants and a large jacket, however the pants were to big and the jacket was to short. I upgraded to the large tall jacket and it fits perfect length wise, though it's a bit longer in the arms than I'd like. It's all pretty good quality, well stitched and so forth. I hate the arm snaps already though.

I also got an Arai Profile helmet from Kneedraggers.com, after ordering 20mm cheek pads from my local shop it fits perfectly. The helmet is amazingly light and well put together. If you have a long oval head like me, I highly recommend the Profile.

Edit: Something I noticed about my Arai. In the manual and on the helmet stickers, it touts it has a "AF-2" pull down chin spoiler. I'll be damned if I can figure out how to pull it down... Any clues?

HATE TROLL TIM fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

pr0zac posted:

Do all you guys who bought the Phoenix Jacket feel its an solid piece of protective gear? My girlfriend bought me some Joe Rocket mesh jacket for my birthday last month and I've been holding on to it to use this summer. I finally pulled the thing out today and I really don't feel safe in it, even just riding at 30mph to class. Its too short and doesn't have tabs to attach it to jeans so it doesn't ride up in a crash, and just generally feels cheap.

I just want a jacket I can wear when its 110 degrees here and not worry about dying. :( I suppose I could just go tshirt and shorts like all the other riders on campus who've come out of the wood work now that its warm...

I've spent something greater than $2000 on gear so far (more than my freakin' bike!), and if theres one thing I've learned its just buy the expensive stuff the first time because the cheap stuff sucks and you just end up wasting money replacing it.

Let me get this straight...

You don't feel safe in the Phoenix jacket, so you might forgo a jacket all together and just wear a T-Shirt? ...

At any rate, it feels pretty solid to me. Just remember that textiles are "one off" gear. If you slide once in them they will melt and thus need to be replaced.

My plan is to use the Phoenix jacket over a lightweight long sleeve cotton shirt. It gets really hot here during the summer, but I think that jacket should keep me reasonable cool and safe.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
I posted these in SA-Mart, just wanted to post it here as well, give the biek goons first shot:

So, when I got my bike in the spring, I got a Joe Rocket mesh jacket to go along with it. I was between sizes, so opted for the larger size, rather than smaller. Since then I've lost quite a few pounds and the jacket is just to loose at this point.

This is the jacket: http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/mesh_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/phoenix_4_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html (Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Mesh Jacket)

I've used it maybe 5 times and have never been down on it. It's a size Large Tall in black.

I'm selling the Phoenix gloves as well, size Large. http://www.newenough.com/gloves/street_short_cuff/joe_rocket/phoenix_3_motorcycle_gloves.html (Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 Gloves)

I'm looking to get $100 for the jacket and $25 for the gloves. I'll throw in free shipping as well. PM, IM or email is fine.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
FYI, Bike Bandit is having a massive sale.