Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Phat_Albert posted:

My HJC CL14 feels the same way. It always feels and sounds like its breaking, but it never does, and the mechanism has never loosened up. Its just loud and scary.

Does anyone have any experience with the KBC VR-2 visor? How are they to change out?

That's interesting... I ended up with an HJC CL-15 and the visor swap process is extremely simple and works great. Maybe when we meet up for the BMW Rally I'll have to take a look at yours just cause I'm curious about how much its different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Uthor posted:

I have a "Professional Strength" aerosol glass cleaner that I use on the windshield of my car. I have a bug-splattered face shield on my helmet. Is there any danger of messing up the face shield if I use the glass cleaner on it? I could always use Windex, but this stuff is ten times better.

My HJC helmet owners booklet says to not use chemicals on the INSIDE of the visor because it'll ruin the anti-fog coating or something like that. It's probably fine on the outside, can't be much worse than bug guts at any rate.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

thanks.

anyone have some advice on rain suits? are they all pretty much the same?

I have a tour master elite series II rainsuit which I like, problem is if the temp is above 70 you're sweating, and if it's above 80 it's almost not worth wearing it.

Check out something like this instead of a traditional rain suit http://www.froggtoggs.com/