Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Doesn't Revzilla price match? Not that supporting corp overlords is the coolest thing, but I do like that they are paying Zack and Ari to make content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I’ve been on the RF1200 train for quite a few years now, after shoei discontinued the first helmet I had gotten from them.

Fwiw I very much like it on my second one of them. Comfortable and vented enough for me as someone who gets real hot and sweaty.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

drat I always imagined that would be like a deeply soothing/satisfying experience

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

MomJeans420 posted:

no then your recommendations are full of bike vloggers, who are the absolute worst.

I'm still pissed youtube keeps on trying to recommend yammienoob's videos

but your avatar...

Also is this the thread to talk about gear for your bike too like luggage? I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on blaze saddlebags for my MT-09 as I tried just the Kriega strap on to my tail packs when I road down 1 last year and it was not a very fun experience. I am not flexible and mounting and dismounting was so unfun I rode all the way to Ventura from the Bay before getting off, including some really really terrible traffic in Santa Barbara that I couldn't split. I am hesitant about $450, but the temp support bar things really do look and sound nifty and a pretty drat good solution.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

right arm posted:

have you tried mounting / dismounting your bike by standing on the peg while the kickstand is down and then swinging your leg over? I’m 6’, but have an abnormally long upper half (30” inseam lol) so that’s how I’ll typically climb on top of my bike if I’m running my top box

I have not, but I am uh, not small. I could see how that would work though and maybe try it, would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying stuff, less serotonin hit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

cursedshitbox posted:

hah i'm the inverse, ~6' with a 33" inseam.

Flick your bars to the wrong way while its on the side stand. use the bars to brace yourself as you swing your leg over the seat.

advrider be damned, this is the most concise helmet fitting explanation I've found so far.

5'10" with a like 29" inseam and that was definitely tried, but I couldn't get my leg over the 30L and the 10L stacked on the tail. I also think the tail on my bike is a bit higher than normal. Another related problem is I am pretty incapable of packing light and decided to pack a pretty hfty tool kit like I was going to do anything myself instead of just calling AAA.