Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
if you bought the SRS ones they are NOT waterproof. otherwise, they're a good boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
....it still requires the person behind you to look up from their text.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Virgil Vox posted:

If getting on your bike doesn't make you rock hard I feel bad for you

It does, I just then pass out and ruin a perfectly good helmet. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I too, have a 30K and it's a steaming bag of assholes. I've used both the boom mic and the stick on one..

I'm using a pair for comms between my husband and I..
the device will become non responsive or start cutting out in downpours. I do ensure that the charging flap is well secured after charging the device.
I've found the standard intercom range to be in the range of 1/10 mile with or without line of sight, if the units are broken up they both typically require a reboot to function again as intercoms. This generally happens when communication with another is paramount. IMO this is bullshit. Open mesh mode leaves it hunting, cutting out, and breaking up all the time. Private mode is less problematic however still issue ridden. range is trash here too. when the temperatures get "low" the mesh comms quit working as i'm assuming the crystal oscillator used is a piece of cheap poo poo. I haven't taken it apart yet to verify.
A few months ago when we bought the units we went on a 2200 mile trip, halfway through such the phone app informed that a firmware update is available, then locked us out of making any device changes. What the hell Sena? Make it OTA capable, or at least allow us to continue using the device from a phone. I do not travel often with a laptop, much less one that runs Windows.

It does charge fast which is nice, but it's one hell of a price to pay for such a lousy product. It's my first and last Sena product.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

right arm posted:

have you tried mounting / dismounting your bike by standing on the peg while the kickstand is down and then swinging your leg over? I’m 6’, but have an abnormally long upper half (30” inseam lol) so that’s how I’ll typically climb on top of my bike if I’m running my top box

hah i'm the inverse, ~6' with a 33" inseam.

Flick your bars to the wrong way while its on the side stand. use the bars to brace yourself as you swing your leg over the seat.

advrider be damned, this is the most concise helmet fitting explanation I've found so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means

yeah you're right, sorry. In fact that thread is the total opposite of concise. lol.

TheBacon posted:

5'10" with a like 29" inseam and that was definitely tried, but I couldn't get my leg over the 30L and the 10L stacked on the tail. I also think the tail on my bike is a bit higher than normal. Another related problem is I am pretty incapable of packing light and decided to pack a pretty hfty tool kit like I was going to do anything myself instead of just calling AAA.

I too, pack a heavy toolkit. that's only because I buy old worn out lovely bikes.

Climbing on the peg while it's on the side stand is fine. My dumb 950 has a kickstand that'd make Ducati engineers poo poo so I had to figure out ways to work around it while it's loaded down similar to that of a moving truck. Bring your boot up to your rear, stick your knee across the seat then swing the knee forward and unfold the leg. This may not make sense as we all see above that in 2020 I can no longer English. If so I'll grab a video. It's handy for when the passenger seat has a bunch of poo poo piled on it making the whole flick a leg over trick not possible.