Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game
How tightly should a pair of leather pants fit?

I just bought a pair of Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 leather pants from New Enough, partially on the good word they'd recieved in this thread. I plan to use them for commuting, weekend sport use, and possibly some track use on the future.

They came in today and I tried them on. I find them to be pretty tight from halfway below my thigh on down, kind of loose in the butt, and nice and comfy around my hips and waist. They're not so tight that they're uncomfortable, just tight enough that fitting on a pair of jeans beneath them would be next to impossible.

I'm wondering if this is how they should fit to keep the armor in place, or if I should send them back for the next size up.

Also, they won't zip to my Fieldsheer textile jacket. The zippers appear to be similar, but face opposite directions. I'll have to have that switched around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

Should I expect my pants to stretch with time?

I won't be able to try them out on the bike for another week, as it's supposed to be 30-40 degrees with rain and sleet for a while.

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

Nevermind. Beaten.

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

UserNotFound posted:

Just bought some gloves appropriate for this time of year. The old ones limited me to about 20 minutes of riding at the 45-50 degrees it's been the last two weeks...

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Scarab-Winter-Glove-p-262_29.html

How do you like them? Have you tried them in the cold yet? I've had my eye on those ones for a while.

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

r!de the short bus posted:

also how deos Shift and Fieldsheer hold up, any owners out there?

I've had a a Fieldsheer textile jacket for as long as I've been riding; 5 years. I've been very happy with, it fits well and keeps the rain out well enough. I'm only recently having some issues. The vent zipper on one side of the chest has poo poo the bed, so it's stuck open.

Also, I had my first moving crash, where I dropped a Benelli at about 10 mph. The forearm sleeve was a bit more rashed up, with some small holes, than I was expecting for such a slow crash.

I would, however, buy another one.