Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Uthor posted:

I have the Pheonix 4.0 jacket. It doesn't have any leather, but it seems to have similar features. My biggest complaint is the forearm adjustment snaps coming undone really easily. The Reactor's Velcro adjustments seem to take care of that.

Speaking of mine only, I find it pretty comfortable and cool no matter how hot it gets. I didn't like it if the temps dropped much below 70 degrees. The waterproof liner works pretty well, though I've had water seep in under my collar. It also cuts out the wind as the temperature drops.

I just don't wear it much because I like my leather jacket better. We'll see if this gets any use this year as the temperatures got up.

I also have the Phoenix 4.0 and find it to be a fantastic jacket with the exceptions of the loving piece of poo poo snap-buttons always coming undone. ALL THE TIME. Argh it irritates me.

Anyway I ride it to work at 5am in 49' weather with just the liner and a balaclava and I'm fine & dandy. I ride it to school in 90' weather and my upperhalf stays cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Tremblay posted:

I think it will hold up OK in a crash (I have the Phoenix), certainly better than nothing. I don't think you'll be able to find a mesh jacket that you'll feel all that great about. I much prefer my leather, but even with the vents and perforations its just too drat hot here.

i crashed in my phoenix, nary a scratch. it was fairly low speed (sub 30) and i rolled in dirt + gravel, not pavement.