Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
Might as well post this here too

While we're talking about them, does anyone have an experience with the Icon Accelerant leather jacket? I currently have a textile that I love, but my brother is going to start riding, and I figured I'd give it to him.

http://tinyurl.com/ys9r9q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Wow, maybe I'll forgo the leather, I just found a sweet Cortech textile jacket.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Skier posted:

That's still only half the protection you need for your knees. Impact protection and abrasion protection is required and jeans provide neither. Those pads only provide impact protection on your knees.

Wait, you're telling me that thick composite/whatever plastic won't be better for abrasion resistance than leather? I think I would rather have my knees dragging on concrete in those than a set of leather pants.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Skier posted:

Negative, I'm telling you your knees aren't the only part of you grinding away at the pavement. Unless you're really talented.

If you wear those under a pair of jeans, you gain very protection for the amount of effort.

Ohhh I got what you were saying, thanks.

This is the Cortech textile jacket I just bought (black)

http://tinyurl.com/32mgqv

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Check it out, the mailman brought me some sweet schwag today :c00l:

The Cortech jacket is loving AWESOME. It fits perfect, and has so much more than my other jacket. The waterproof front closure and removabe liner are really nice, as well as the leather covered forearms. The elbow pads in this also extend down the forearm, and are grooved to fit your arm so they don't really move around. To go with the interior CE armor, it also has exterior shoulder armor as well as an integrated back protector.

Next up is boots and those Bionic knee guards :q:

Edit: Oh, and I need a new helmet. I have an HJC CS-12 I got last season, and there seams to be a nagging air leak coming from somewhere. This caused me to get poo poo forced into my eye, and now it's all red and irritated. This is the second time this has happened, are there any helmet skirts that I can get for the CS-12 to help this?

I went down and tried on helmets, and like the Scorpion Exo700, but the fit felt the same as my HJC, and I've heard they are loud. The HJC CS-SP looked like a really nice helmet, but I'm afraid it will have the same problem. Any suggestions?

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 2, 2007

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Recieved my Exo 700 today, and the anti-fog visor rocks my socks :awesome: My HJC CS-12 would fog just by looking at it, nothing on this one. The only thing that is still driving me absofuckinglutely crazy is wind leaks. I used my hand to cover the area under my chin, no more wind in my eyes. So I went ahead and ordered the Scorpion chin skirt, anyone know how it installs?

Also, I'm pretty sure every helmt without a skirt I have worn has had problems with wind in that area under the chin, does this happen to anyone else or am I a wierdo? I think they should ship the helmet with one from the factory :(

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Blaise posted:

:eek: And to think that I still haven't bought a new helmet and proper gloves...

So, uh, are textile jackets usually much more 'relaxed' than leather ones? I got my two MotoGP jackets today (pictured) and while the leather one is drat near perfect, the textile one is way big in the torso.

:psyduck: How much of that do you actually wear?

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Blaise posted:

All of it except the JR jacket.

Solid Leather = Cold Weather
Perf Leather = Warm Weather
Tex = Rain

I have one jacket for everything :(

Step 1: Sell extra gear
Step 2: Profit :)

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

I am looking for a specific motorcycle jacket, and I can't find it anywhere, as I don't think they make it anymore. I tried to snag it on NewEnough at closeout for $45, but the Large doesn't fit right in the chest so I sold it to a buddy.

If anyone has any or any leads where I can get a Joe Rocket Meteor 4.0 in Men's XL in Gray/Red/Black, I'll pay a finder's fee

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

PlasticSun posted:

I might have one of those that I got when I bought one of my bikes, I'll check the sizing tonight, if I have it I'll gladly sell it to you for 45 shipped.

If you have one in either of those colors in an XL, I'll PayPal you $55 :)

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

PlasticSun, any luck on that jacket?

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

PlasticSun posted:

I'm just about to go up and dig through my attic again. I know it's up there somewhere. I'll drop you a PM as soon as I find it, should be today.

Cool thanks man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Anuv posted:

Dang, I didn't think a pair of riding jeans would hold up like that. Gonna go get a pair tomorrow.

What brand/style of riding jeans were they?