Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!

Road_Warrior posted:

Do I buy a proper 2 piece leather suit (I dont want a 1 piece suit) or do I buy a jacket now and pants later, given the fact that I will probably only wear the pants once or twice a year for trackdays etc.
If you don't want a 1 piece suit, just go ahead and buy a 2 piece. I've always heard that 2 piece suits are sufficient requirement-wise, although not always recommended, for the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!

ChiliMac posted:

Picked up a Dainese Zen jacket in silver recently
I have the same jacket, only in all black. I went to the local Cycle Gear and tried on nearly everything in my size and this was the only jacket that fit perfect. I haven't been down in it - thankfully - so I can't comment on how well it holds up in a crash.

Did yours come with the inner liner?

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!
The bottom part of the zipper on my Dainese Zen leather jacket more or less tore off after just over a year of use and the warranty on it is up. Should I bite the bullet and pay Dainese to fix it, or find a local shop that does clothing work and see if they can put a new zipper on? I don't even know what or who to look for in the yellow pages to find someone that could do the work locally in a competent fashion.

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!
I just had to pay $56 to get the zipper on my Dainese Zen jacket replaced. Stupid Italian craftsmanship.

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!

bung posted:

The zipper pull broke on mine and that's when I discovered that they use a proprietary zipper. I just found a small keyring to use as my new zipper pull.
I wish mine could have been fixed that easily. The bottom stop tore completely off the jacket and so there was no way to get the two parts of the zipper to join together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!

bung posted:

DId you have it fixed by Dainese or did you have someone local replace the zipper?
It was out of warranty by a few months when the zipper broke, so I dropped it off at a local place earlier today. I'll let you know in a week how it looks.