Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
In to pimp KomodoGear, as it's some of the best stuff I've ever owned. Also, their custom-fit pricing is very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

R-Type posted:

...Frank Thomas...Protip: They are a low-cost Dainese line.
What? Oh, and check your knee armor, it's more than likely not actually CE armor, probably just a plastic shell with padding under it.

PlasticSun posted:

For those that have the Arai helmets, how often do you change visors? After a while can you do it in the dark by the roadside?
Whenever I go from daylight to dark, I keep a high-def shield in my little riding pack to compliment my dark smoked daylight one and yes, it's easy as hell to do it in the dark, you just have to get used to it.

Neck Tooth posted:

Changing Arai visors, for me at least, requires every curse word I know and occasionally the sacrifice of an innocent's blood.
Sorry man, this made me lol.

orinth posted:

My Suomy on the other hand is a bit weird. You either need a key or a screwdriver to pop the sides off and then swap the shield out. But that helmet fits soooo nicely.
Yah, no poo poo, I finally broke down and grabbed a Suomy and just decided that it's a daylight-only helmet for me, gently caress that shield change poo poo of theirs, gently caress it up it's rear end.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Jazzzzz posted:

Mapless likes it, I think it's cheaply made.
True on both counts, but it's held up well in various mishaps and I would be comfortable buying it again at some point in the future if I couldn't find anything better on hand.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Anyone gonna get one of those new EXO-1000's that have the inflatable cheekpads? :awesome:

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

bung posted:

HAY GUYZ! Check out my new leather biker overalls!
They should just go ahead and start giving those away with a 'Busa.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

RC212V posted:

I'm looking for saddle and tail bags for my Ninja 650. I'd like something that I can keep on my bike, so it needs to be fairly sturdy and have zippers that you can lock together.
I love Dowco's 'Fastrax' line.

Waterproof, built-in rain covers, tons of room and excellent fit and finish.

Panniers/tailbag runs around $300 and the tankbag is $130ish. Awesome stuff and built like a tank.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

DILLIGAF posted:

I want a new helmet.

AGV tiTech Industriale.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Are you really wanting to buy a helmet with inflatable bits?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Road_Warrior posted:

The dealer goes "normal wear and tear". Pigs arse, I didnt pay $500 for a lid to have it start falling to bits after 8 months.
Try calling or e-mailing Shark, Arai has sent me 3 different sets, based on nothing more than my mentioning that they seem a bit 'used'.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Jazzzzz posted:

your experiences with inflatable girlfriends may not necessarily transfer over to inflatable helmets :iceburn:

However, I'm not willing to bet that an inflatable helmet WOULD last any longer than any of my (numerous) inflatable wimminz.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Is anyone interested in a pair of Sidi Vertebra Aire boots in sz44?

They're quite well worn but still a good set of boots for someone on a budget.

It's garage cleaning time again I think.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Somewhere between a 9.5-10.5 depending on who makes the shoe.
44 Euro works out to 10-10.5 US.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Terminus Est posted:

How much do you want boss?

How does $60 shipped in CONUS sound?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Since there was such immediate interest in the Vertebra Aires, is anyone interested in a size 42 pair of Sidi Vertigo boots? (They're not the Vertigo Corsa.)

They're in quite nice condition, having only been worn a few times.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

pr0zac posted:

They don't actually have them and MotoGP has ceased to make products so they never will have them, just no one ever bothered to update their databases.
You know that MotoGP and Berik are one and the same, right?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
What exactly are you wanting?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

pr0zac posted:

:confused: I was simply responding to you responding to me? I suppose I want a new 600rr, but thats probably not what you meant?

Nono, I just see that apparently you went ahead and bought some pants, but would rather have others, I'm just confused and wanted clarification before offering some advice is all.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

iroc_dis posted:

Do you know anything about this Berik company?
Sorry, not much to be honest.

It's my understanding that all former MotoGP branded items are now Berik items, which I learned while buying some of their knee pucks.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Hahaha, that is beautiful.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Leather for sale!

Both are Dainese 1pc suits and both are size 42US.

This is the 'Laguna Seca', worn a couple of times.

It has a small are where the outer part of the seam has come unstitched. Not a big deal, there's two there.

Does not come with cat.

Dainese Flanker.

It's got a little ripped area next to the crotch.

I've only worn each a few times, they need to go to fund my fork (and Gap trip) fund however. More pics available on request.

Seriously, cat not included.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
I'm looking for around $950 shipped out of the Flanker. I just dropped both of them off to be repaired (at a proper leather shop) so you won't have the rip to deal with.

Retail on it was around $1400 or so if memory serves, you're of course welcome to make an offer as well.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

Fully perforated leathers, with a waterproof windbreaker to go over it.

Rev'it just sent me a new rain suit to try that's pretty awesome. It's a thin membrane with holes cut out for your pucks, it's a 2-peice suit. I think retail's around $100 or so and it's well worth it so far. Rolls up into a tiny TINY package.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

n8r posted:

Are you testing gear or something? You get this stuff for free?

Sometimes, just depends on who it is and what's going on.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

abunchofnumbers posted:

Inflatable cheekpads do make a difference

Man, gently caress that noise.
Do you honestly trust them for protection?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
I dunno, I just don't like the thought of it at all (and I have no scientific basis for this) and it makes me shudder a bit.

I guess I just want my helmet to fit properly all the way around and not because I had a fancy Nike Air system on it somewhere to take up the slack. I just doesn't seem like a proper system to base the health of my head on.

Has anyone here actually had such a problem finding a properly fitted/sized helmet to the point they need an air bladder system like this or is it just the novelty?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

bung posted:

Dainese has a proprietary zipper.

True.

Many jackets and/or pants come with the 'mate' to their zipper attached, all you need to (generally) do is have a tailor/leatherworker sew it in to the opposite piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Things for sale, gotta buy parts for the new track bike.

Feel free to make offers, this is all extra crap and it just needs to GO.
Prices listed are 'buy now' shipped to CONUS.

Feel free to make an offer

Alpine Star GPTech gloves.
The best they make, currently selling from $160-$240 on eBay.
These have been worn once (I wear a LG, these are MD) and are flawless/like new.
$150 shipped.

Alpine Star SMX-Plus boots.
Higher-end racing/track/street boot.
These have some use, but they're quite sound and have no damage/issues of any kind.
The wear is normal walking/scuffing, the sliders were replaced recently and haven't been down since.
Currently $150-$280 on eBay.
$180 shipped.

Arai RX-7 Corsair LG.
This is the Sete Gibernau replica and is flawless.
Never been down (of course) and only retired as I have newer helmets I like more.
Currently $350-$550 on eBay.
$275 shipped.
Comes with this bag, as well as the cloth Arai soft bag.

(Cat not included)
Also includes:
Amber, Clear and Dark Smoke shields (clear shield has a Fog-City photo-chromatic insert installed).

Autocomm Pro-7 Sport
Includes 9v connector as well as the 12v wiring harness.
Includes Kenwood interconnect/radio kit.
1 helmet (closed-face) headset.
Audio interconnect.
Helmet extension lead.

I don't see any of these currently on eBay, but there's around $600 or so invested.
Works flawlessly, no issues.
$350 shipped.

Hein Gericke Celtic 1-pc suit (the green one) in SZ 44.
Never worn, as-new condition.
I don't see any of these on eBay currently.
$425 shipped.