Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
What do you guys think of RST leathers? I'm thinking of getting an RST SRT leather jacket with a view to buying the trousers at a later date (click for bigger):

In an ideal world, where I had £220, I'd get this gorgeous jacket from Hein Gericke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
I picked up a new jacket today!

It's a really nice, tight fit with perforated front panels and elasticated material on the inner arms to allow stretch on sportsbikes. It just exudes an aura of reassurance that I'm not going to lose my skin if I crash.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
There's an internal flap that ends with a zip so you can match them to trousers. It's slightly elasticated as well so you can pull it down to meet the trousers if need be.

The gloves are winter ones intended to go with my textile jacket, so they're really short. The sleeves go down to the wrists and a proper set of double-cuffed gloves will go over the top nicely.

If you want a new jacket then I think it's pretty amazing: it's triple stiched, perforated front panels and armpits, elasticated inner arms for stretch, inner pocket for a soft back protector, thermal liner etc. I really like the minimal nature of it, unlike the hideous colour schemes on most leathers.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
This Airoh looks way better for non-dirtbike riding:

It's modular so you can detach the chin bar if you want an open-face helmet too.

edit: looking on their website, that helmet is available in duo colour schemes and there's one variant that has a chrome overlay on it. Might fit it with that horrendous thing that is DILLIGAF's bike.

ranathari fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 26, 2007

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
Does anyone have a helmet recommendation for me? I'm currently wearing a Caberg (104 Solo) but it's the wrong shape for my head, leaving me with bad frontal headaches after 30-45 mins on my bike. I'm not fussed about noise or vents; all I want is a good, comfortable fit that won't leave me feeling like I've put my head in a vice.

Ideally I'd like an integrated sun-visor because I utterly love being able to adjust for changing sunlight without having to stop and swap visors.