Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Haha, I was just telling my mom how it's gonna get hot riding around in the leathers and she was all, "then why wear it?" I was, "because I don't want to get hurt when I fall." She said, "then don't fall." Oh, mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I went into a local leather shop the other day, and found one that I really liked, but I'm not sure it it's going to offer the protection of a name brand jacket. It was obviously meant for riding, with a zip out inner liner and vents. The material seemed pretty thick, but how can I tell if it's going to be as safe?

Lastly, what's preforated leather? My guess is it has tiny holes, but why?

Did the jacket have armor at all?

Perforated leather has holes to allow wind to get in to keep you cool in the summer. Sounds nice to me and I may look into getting some myself later this year.

Tremblay posted:

Can anyone recommend some gloves? I've been looking at A* and Held. This is just for street use. The Joe Rocket shorties I have are pretty cheap, I'd just like something better.

I've got these that I like a lot:
http://www.newenough.com/gloves/street_short_cuff/cortech_by_tour_master/accelerator_motorcycle_gloves.html
I bought them a little tight, and now they are perfectly formed.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

OMGWTFWALLHACK posted:

I have two questions:
Are mesh pants really going to do much more than jeans for me? Would they be comfortable to wear over shorts? They don't look all that sturdy but if mesh pants +shorts is better than just plain jeans which is what I wear now I'll do it for the shorts.
Edit: Obviously I am talking about just driving around town at low speeds, not racing or anything.

I don't know much about pants, but I have a leather and a mesh jacket. The mesh was fine in the summer until I got sick of wearing a sweatshirt in 70 degree weather and bought a leather jacket. The leather is so much nicer and feels much sturdier than the mesh. Right now, I'm thinking I would rather ride in the leather (it has removable panels for warmer weather) than the mesh, even in the heat. If I were you, I would look into perforated leather pants.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I have a "Professional Strength" aerosol glass cleaner that I use on the windshield of my car. I have a bug-splattered face shield on my helmet. Is there any danger of messing up the face shield if I use the glass cleaner on it? I could always use Windex, but this stuff is ten times better.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Road_Warrior posted:

IIRC Windex will gently caress your visor, especially if its one of those iridium ones. My mate used to use Windex (I think) on his visor and it hosed the mirror finish up and scratched it to buggery.

It's a clear visor and I've used Windex on it before. I haven't used it on the inside, but the anti-fog coating is already gone (I had some streaks inside and they had to go at the cost of the anti-fog).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

aventari posted:

I noticed riding today and tonight that it's really nice being able to turn my head on the freeway to look at my blind-spot without the helmet moving about and the visor blowing open :)

The Scorpion is pretty tight in the cheek area, but I have a feeling it will wear in, or I will get used to it. It's not uncomfortable, just a bit annoying.

My HJC did that on the highway, which sucked. I could make it stop by tightening the chinstrap, but then my neck hurt every time I bent my head down. I bought some thicker cheek pads and it all went away. I actually like the extra tightness in the cheeks, though it makes the helmet more noticeable while wearing it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

iamthexander posted:

Phoenix 4.0 Jacket
Cortech Accelerator Gloves

I have the Phoenix 4.0 jacket. I like my leather better, but I definitely see a point of getting one if you are constantly seeing 100+ degrees. For the most part I liked it except my fit was a little loose. With the liner in and a sweatshirt, I was fine down to about 70 degrees. I never felt too hot in it while I was moving, but standing still at 100 degrees is still lovely. The snaps at the elbows suck rear end, however. Good thing I went and got a leather jacket with the same exact ones...

I love those gloves. I've only worn three pairs since I began riding, but those are the best. I'm going to pick up another pair when those wear out. I was a bit apprehensive about spending that much money, but they were worth it. The first couple times I wore them, they were tight and it was hot, so they were tough to get on/off and turned my hands black, but they are nicely molded now and are just fine in the heat. There's no wind protection if it gets colder than 60 degrees or so, but that's not a big deal.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Konrad posted:

I just bought a pair of Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 leather pants

I bought those, had the same problem, and exchanged them for leather overpants. Honestly, I'm probably going to re-buy a pair of dedicated leather pants, as the overpants are just bulky and heavy. Take a few days to decide if you like them or not.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

underarmor

Do you have any links to this stuff? It sounds interesting and I would like to check it out some more.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Portable591 posted:

Has anyone owned a pair of the Tourmaster Decker leather overpants? They are about $200 on New Enough, have CE-approved armor, are of full leather construction, and my current Alter Ego pants have become pretty useless because one of the side zippers failed for the second time.

I bought a pair. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but it takes me forever to get them on over my jeans before I put my boots on and to take them off if I'm wearing my boots. The hip armor causes most of the problems, getting in the way of my feet and bunching up my jeans. They also seems a heavy to me, but it could be a symptom of me not replacing the zipper to connect to my jacket. I'm going to keep them as they are warm, but I'm probably going to buy a dedicated pair of leather pants for summer riding.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

pr0zac posted:

So far all the gear I've bought has come like this.

Though I just realized its all been Joe Rocket/MotoGP stuff so who knows.

My Joe Rocket jackets have mating zippers, my Tour Master pants don't.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Portable591 posted:

$199 Tourmaster Decker leather overpants

So you're not having a problem with the hip pads bunching up on you when you put them on? I must being doing something wrong, 'cause they always bunch up and it takes me way too long to put them on.

Otherwise, I like the construction. They are starting to break in and get flexible. they block the wind nice and stay warm. I'll probably get a different pair once it hits 90 degrees, though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Anyone had experience with this Joe Rocket jacket? It's the best looking mesh/leather one I can find and has some cool things like a shield pocket and hole for headphones. Most of the other jackets I like (got to be perforated) don't fit me. (36" chest / 30" waist / 72" tall)

Reactor 2.0

I have the Pheonix 4.0 jacket. It doesn't have any leather, but it seems to have similar features. My biggest complaint is the forearm adjustment snaps coming undone really easily. The Reactor's Velcro adjustments seem to take care of that.

Speaking of mine only, I find it pretty comfortable and cool no matter how hot it gets. I didn't like it if the temps dropped much below 70 degrees. The waterproof liner works pretty well, though I've had water seep in under my collar. It also cuts out the wind as the temperature drops.

I just don't wear it much because I like my leather jacket better. We'll see if this gets any use this year as the temperatures got up.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Thanks for the input, that helps. My FirstGear mesh jacket's liner is more of a pain because it doesn't cover the zipper and a bunch of air gets in there and negates any blockage the rest of it has. The JoeRocket jackets seem a bit more well-designed.

The liner in this jacket (as you can see in the picture) has full sleeves and its own zipper. The ends of the sleeves have buttons. It's a pretty waterproof/airproof design.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I was going to order some perforated Joe Rocket Blaster pants today.

While looking around, I saw some CE armor for the knees, shoulders, and elbows and for the back to upgrade the armor that comes with the jackets/pants.

I was thinking about getting the back protector for a while and the other stuff seems fairly cheap. Is it worth the cost for street riding? I was thinking elbows at least, maybe knees also, but probably not the shoulders.

A side question: I bought some overpants a few weeks ago. When I stand up, the armor in the knees seems to be in the correct position. When I sit down on the bike, the armor seems to sit a little high. I can adjust the armor down a little, but I'm not sure if I should. Should the armor be in the correct position while standing (i.e. if I fall off the bike and extend my legs) or while on the bike?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Jazzzzz posted:

Riding - you're probably not going to extend your legs that much either willfully or just as part of being flung around should you come off the bike.

And yes, buy the CE armor, it's cheap peace of mind.

Thanks. I ordered the elbows and knees. The back protector is out until June or July, so that's gotta wait.

I'll move my knee armor right now.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

I want to get those same pants. What temperature will you be riding in with them? They look like my best option for perf leather, but it's mighty hot down here.

Don't they come with CE knee armor already? And as much as I want that back protector, $81 is rather expensive. I need to find a shop that has one that I can look at.

Ah, crap, I thought they had the GP armor. Oh well, I'll try e-mailing them, and return the stuff if they can't change my order.

Is GP armor better than CE armor? The description on the pants says GP is an upgrade, but it's cheaper than the CE stuff.

Right now, I've been wearing my solid overpants over jeans in around 80 F temps. That's about the limit of those pants. I'm going to wear these at anything warmer than that. I'll give a review of how they perform in the heat once I get them.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I asked this on the last page, but didn't get a response.

Is GP armor better than CE armor? The description says GP is an upgrade, but it's cheaper than the CE stuff. Why wouldn't they just put GP armor in all the Joe Rocket jackets/pants if it's better and cheaper?

I got the GP stuff in the mail today. The shell looks harder than the CE stuff. The GP stuff looks like one-use only, though, due to how hard it is.

Here's a side-by-side picture. The CE is on the left, GP on the right.

(WaffleImages, why are you down?!)

EDIT:
Oh, hey, the GP elbow/knee armor is too wide to fit through the holes in either my jacket or my pants. Joy. I'll stick with the CE for now. I may do some cutting/sewing later to get the stuff in.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 17, 2007

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

I was going to order some perforated Joe Rocket Blaster pants today.

Sir Tonk posted:

I want to get those same pants. What temperature will you be riding in with them? They look like my best option for perf leather, but it's mighty hot down here.

I finally got a chance to wear these today. Weather.com is saying that's it's 77 degrees outside right now, though a couple banks I passed were reading all the way up to 86 degrees (probably a little optimistic there). The pants felt just fine in these temps (I was worried they'd be a little cool). The breeze in the shins and crotch was nice. They felt a little warmer than jeans, but not much. They do block more wind than jeans do, however. Guessing, I'd say they'll be comfortable to at least 90 degrees as long as you're moving and wearable up to 100 or so, but I won't get to test that for a while.

Other impressions:
The knee armor could be slightly higher (1/8-1/4 inch). It's not low enough for me to worry or exchange.
The ankles taper a lot and the leather is thin enough to fit into my boots, which are not designed for this. This is good 'cause there is no way I'd get the pants over the boots.
The pants are a lot lighter and more flexible than my overpants, though they still need to be broken in.
The all around zipper is slightly longer than the zipper in my jacket. This keeps the jacket from centering properly and the jacket sits about 1/4 inch off center from the pants. Not enough to cause any problems, just a slight annoyance.
My overpants have nice thick hip pads. These pants barely have anything. Got to remember not to fall on my hips...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Cuchulainn posted:

Heck, even their catalog makes for great bathroom reading.

I've yet to find a catalog that doesn't. There was a catalog of electrical connectors in the bathroom at work that I read through a couple times. The only exception I've seen was the cruiser catalog that came in the mail that was 300 pages of chrome and "leathers" (cosmetic vests and chaps, mostly).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Let us know how those gloves are once you get them. I currently have a perforated pair that I love as long as it's over 75 degrees and an insulated pair that I hate, but is decent below 50 degrees. I'd like a solid leather pair for the in between temps come fall.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

They're slightly better than regular jeans in that they're not supposed to tear if you're sliding, but they have zero impact protection.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

xaarman posted:

How about something like this http://joerocket.com/products/productJR.cfm?products_id=292

It has steel armor in the knees, and such. Any better?

You want energy absorption. Steel isn't exactly the best thing for that. If you really want a pair of jeans but with impact protection, look to getting some stand alone armor to go underneath.
http://www.newenough.com/browse/armor/elbow_shoulder_knee_worn_on_the_body

Honestly, I rode all last year with just regular jeans (the kind that fall apart if you fall) and still only wear jeans to work for convenience. However, I got a decent pair of leather pants and those are always my first choice when riding. They are so much more comfortable than jeans.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

So my Joe Rocket Blaster 3.0 jacket broke right before my three hour ride today. The snap the tightens the elbow armor onto my arm ripped off. I never liked the snaps on this jacket, always being concerned that they would unsnap in a fall, letting the armor move out the way, but I never thought the snap itself would rip. I've owned the jacket about 9 months, but 3-4 of those months were in the winter when I didn't ride, so the jacket only has 6 or so months of fairly light use. Here are some pics of the snap.

The unbroken one (for now...it also has a crack appearing):

The broken side:

A terrible picture of the cheap-rear end rubber snap:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this. Right now, the left elbow armor is loose on my arm. I really don't want to buy a new jacket. If I were to buy a new one, I wouldn't want another Joe Rocket (at least with the same snap design), but I just bought some Joe Rocket pants and I would like to have something the zips into them without alteration. I don't know how I could go about fixing the drat snap.

I'm going to write Joe Rocket an e-mail with the pictures I'll see if they'll fix it, maybe for a fee (better than buying a new jacket). Either way, I'd like them to know about this and maybe redesign the snap on future jackets. Ideally, I'd like them to replace the snaps with buckles.

As for now, I would have to tell anyone looking to buy a Joe Rocket jacket with a similar snap to stay away.

EDIT:
Just checked the website. The jacket has a one year warranty. I'll give them a call on Friday.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 4, 2007

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

nbv4 posted:

What do people typically wear when just riding around town? I'm planning a trip in a few weeks where I ride down to L.A. (3 hours), then just ride around the town, stopping at various places along the way.

I'm thinking of maybe getting some kind of jumpsuit that I can wear while on the bike, then when it's time to get off, I'll just takeoff the jumpsuit and wear my regular clothes underneath...

You should look into some sort of overpants, probably textile or mesh if you're in Cali. They should fit right over your regular pants. Then just grab a jacket that will zipper into them. Remember that you will most likely need to get a size larger to fit over jeans. If in doubt, e-mail New Enough about their sizing. If in more doubt, they have been known to mail you two pairs of whatever so you can try both on and send one back.

swanage posted:

I'm looking to start commuting with a 17"(!) laptop to work on my bike. I'd like something with an interior closure, like this. That one looks like it just might fit the bill, and the price ain't too shabby either, but I'd like to know what my options are if anyone else knows of some other interior zippered bags.

For some reason, I really want that Mobile Edge backpack. I don't carry a laptop, nor do I carry a backpack in any crowded areas, but I still want one.

Anyway, if you can stand the camo, Amazon has it for $46. The black is out of stock.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 9, 2007

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

aventari posted:

Joe Rocket Pheonix 2.0 - I got a bit on rash on my elbow where the mesh wore through. The snap that tightens the arm ripped off and the armor didn't stay in place

I've always worried about those snaps. I just sent my leather JR jacket in to fix the snap that ripped off in my hand when I was tightening it. As long as they are using those P.O.S. snaps, I'm staying away from JR for anything I buy new.

It doesn't help that my only jacket in the meantime is a Pheonix 4.0 that is a couple sizes too big on me (thanks, guy at the motorcycle dealer who didn't help me size properly when I was just getting started riding and knew nothing about anything).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Incursion posted:

I just started riding this month and am getting along pretty well, having taken MSF 4 weeks ago. Right now I'm wearing an Arai Quantum 2 helmet, MotoGP Corkscrew leather jacket, and a pair of Moto Icon gloves. For pants, I want to find something more durable than the jeans and khakis I've been wearing. Anyone have any experiences with these? Anything else I should be looking at?

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/mesh_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/mesh_tex_2_mesh_motorcycle_pants.html

I don't have any experience with those, but they seem like standard mesh pants. They're better than jeans, but I hear mesh rips apart in falls. As in, it'll protect your skin, but you won't want to wear them again.

The problem with those is the lack of impact resistance. There is nothing to really protect you from when you hit the ground. It looks like New Enough has optional armor at the bottom of that page for relatively cheap. I would strongly suggest getting at least the knee armor if you buy the pants.

Since you have a leather jacket, have you looked into perforated leather pants? They're more money, but will hold up better. I find my JR pants quite comfortable.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 25, 2007

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This the place to post about luggage?

I got a Bass Pro Shops boat bag yesterday to put on my rear rack (it's Extreme!).

I obviously haven't taken it for a long distance ride, yet, but I think I'll like it. I got the small and it fits pretty well back there. It has a semi-rigid bottom, so it keeps its shape cantilevered of the sides. It is water resistant (water will get in the zipper, but that's covered with a flap. It'll hold up in the rain but not in a dunking). There's a couple of straps on the front that let you tighten the bag on the contents if it's not 100% full. There's four loops on the top of the bag for bungee cords or tying things to or whatever. Best of all, the small was only $20 (about what a duffel costs at Wal-Mart). A medium would be good if you have saddle bags to rest it on. I also like the yellow, even on my red bike.

One thing I don't like is the slippery bottom. It slides quite a bit on my luggage rack unless it is tightened on there pretty good. I'll have it tightened down anyway, but it makes putting it on more of a pain than it should be. There's also no side pockets or anything, just the main compartment with a small mesh pocket in the cover on the inside. There's some reviews saying the bottom leaks where it connects to the sides. I don't think this'll be a problem on a bike, but I can see it being an issue on a boat.

If anyone's looking for a cheap bag to strap to the back of their bike, take a look at this. If a medium works for you, there's a white bag for sale for $13.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

bung posted:

That is so loving bizarre! I went to Bass Pro yesterday looking for a first aid kit to carry on the bike. I saw the same bag on sale for $14.99 and I thought that it would be a great tail bag. I also picked up a pair of $4.99 dock straps to use as tie-downs.

Sweet. I'm going to have to try your mounting strategy. The rack on my bike sucks rear end as it has no loops or hooks to connect to, just straight steel wire. Anywhere I connect to, the straps slide to a position of least stability. I'm going to take a Dremel to it this weekend and put a couple of notches in the back plate of the rack.

Also, like last week, I got $3 dock straps on a whim. We're like luggage buddies or something!

Uthor fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 26, 2007

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ClockworkZero posted:

that does look like a good tail bag, and the yellow works for visibility which is always good.
If it is sliding around, maybe try one of those undercarpet pads that keep your rug from sliding around.
You know, these kind of things?

I'll see if my mom has any laying around. My bigger concern is finding a way to secure it to the P.O.S. rack. Thanks, though. I was thinking grip tape might also work.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sedge posted:

Also, does anyone know what full faced helmets would be most accommodating to a pair of glasses? There are days when I don't feel like putting in contacts.

Doctor Zero posted:

I have an HJC CL-SP and almost always wear sunglasses with no problems.

Kinda depends on the glasses, too. My sunglasses go on just fine, but my regular glasses curve behind my ear more and are a bit of a pain to get on just right.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I have some Red Wing Shoes
http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductResults.aspx?shoefinder=1&ProductType=Motorcycle&Gender=&Style=

I have the 979s. Very comfortable. They're not water proof, but you can probably step in puddles up to the top of the foot and be fine. I'm not a huge fan of the zippers (I wish they had bigger teeth), but otherwise like them very much.

They don't have ankle protection, however. You can most likely get something more protective for about the same price. If you are willing risk your ankles, take a look at them. Depending on where you live, you can most likely find a store to try them on at.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Fantastipotamus posted:

I think I sent two jackets back to NewEnough via regular mail (in a big ol' box) for $8 with delivery guarantee.

I spent $17 sending my jacket to Joe Rocket for repair (still not back, BTW...2.5 weeks after I sent it). That was with me buying a box from FedEx 'cause I didn't have anything laying around.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Oh, forgot to mention that my JR jacket came back on Thursday. The snap ripped off one arm and was half off the other, so I sent it in for repair under warranty. From me shipping it, it took about 3 weeks to get back, which I think is a long time. Even allowing for long shipping, they had my jacket for 7-10 days while working on it. Oh well, better than not having a snap and better than buying a new jacket. I can now stop wearing my crappy mesh jacket (mostly because it is too big) and be back with the leather.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

swanage posted:

I'm looking to start commuting with a 17"(!) laptop to work on my bike. I'd like something with an interior closure, like this. That one looks like it just might fit the bill, and the price ain't too shabby either, but I'd like to know what my options are if anyone else knows of some other interior zippered bags.

Uthor posted:

For some reason, I really want that Mobile Edge backpack. I don't carry a laptop, nor do I carry a backpack in any crowded areas, but I still want one.

Anyway, if you can stand the camo, Amazon has it for $46. The black is out of stock.

aventari posted:

thanks, just ordered one. $60 total with tax and shipping

Wow, long string of quoted posts, but I was wondering, aventari, did you end up getting this bag? What are your thoughts. I still don't need one, but I want one. I'm on the lookout for the black to come back into stock, but I want to know if I'm wasting my time (not as good as advertised, too small, etc).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

How long do you guys usually go before replacing gloves? I've got about 5,000 miles on my current pair and the left hand is starting to crease pretty badly, which bothers my hand. I was wondering if 5k miles is about average, high, or low?

I'm tempted to buy the exact same pair as I like the fit, but they weren't exactly cheap ($70) and if a different glove will double the life, I'd be all for checking it out.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Well, they aren't wearing through, just creasing in all the wrong spots on the palm. They were very tight when I bought them, but they seem perfect now. They're okay for an hour or two, but then begin to bother me.

I don't usually wear them for long rides, usually just sunny days in the summer for short rides during the week and 3-6 hour trips on weekends. I've had them wet once a long time ago.

They're Cortech Accelerator gloves. I'm going to try using some leather lotion to maybe soften up the palm. I'll probably live with them 'til it cools off again and then look at the Alpinestars for fall gloves. They seem to get good recommendations. If I like 'em, then I'll look at getting a new summer pair. It sucks because I loves everything else about the gloves and the right glove is fine.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

aventari posted:

Yeah I got the bag and I just started using it this week because you asked about it :)

Honestly, it's pretty terrible. If I was ONLY carrying around my laptop it would be fine, but if I try to carry my laptop, clear face shield and an inner jacket liner then its almost too much for the bag and it wont zip up. It doesn't have nearly as much capacity as it should. I'm not happy with it at all, and will go back to wearing my normal Jansport type back pack when I dont absolutely need to carry a laptop around. It's also a pain to access the normal stuff i carry in the back pocket like phone/wallet and keys.

That sucks. I've read a lot of reviews that complained about that, but also said that it is very tall. Seemed like a contradiction. The security aspect is what intrigued me as I calculated that I carry over $500 of stuff in the outermost pocket of my current bag sometimes.

You bought the camo bag, right? I was gonna say eBay it, but it's the black bag that is in demand.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I don't wear my leather pants when I ride into work and I don't think I'm going to start soon. As a consiquence, I don't ride into work that often. I was looking at some knee armor to wear under my jeans and it's shocking affordable. Any opinions on this stuff?

Alpinestars Reflex Knee Guards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Magwai posted:

I don't know about that particular one. One of my friends was complaining about some similar knee armor sliding around. With that picture I don't know how bad any sliding would really be though. Depending on how high your boots are I would expect them to help make sure it doesn't slide down too far.

I don't think my boots are tall enough to stop that. It looks like a strap above the knee would help a lot.