Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jackal
Sep 13, 2009

Pees With Boner posted:

I have a traffic question. I'm in California, I got pulled over a few weeks ago for rolling through a stop sign. The fine is loving $240 and I make poo poo money working 10 hour shifts out at a construction site 40 miles from where I live--meaning I don't really have the time or the money to deal with this. I'm going to have an extremely difficult time paying for that, plus the $70 in court fees if I choose to do traffic school, but I'll have a more difficult time paying raised insurance rates.

This is the first moving violation I've ever gotten in seven years of driving so I'm not entirely sure how traffic school works--if I attend, do I avoid getting points on my license and elevated insurance rates? Will I still have a "clean driving record," which I'm gonna need in a month or two when I apply for a better job?

Take internet traffic school, so you don't have to physically attend sessions. if you take traffic school you will not get a point on your license. The point is not suppose to show up on your public(?) driving record. DMV has a method of tracking when you last took traffic school internally that they don't share. You can take traffic school every 18 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jackal
Sep 13, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Taking traffic school may keep you from getting a point, but it may not necessarily keep your insurance from going up. You may want to call your insurance company to find out whether they would still rate you for the moving violation. I'm not an insurance agent, but I work for an insurance company and I know our agents get this question a lot.

If you take traffic school it should not show on your record, but then on the DMV's side they are suppose to keep a record if you received the waiver in the last 18 months.

Your rates should not change.