Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Seat's question is a good one, but here's a rundown if you've got them mounted up on another set of wheels already.
code:
1. Get car up on jackstands. I do all four so I can get all the wheels off at once.

2. Remove wheels. Remember which corner they came off of!

3. At this point, I like to wash both sets of wheels/tires. You'll rarely get a better opportunity to really clean them up.

4. Install summer tires. If you've got them labeled from what corner they came off of, either match them up or rotate them accordingly. I usually rotate mine from where they were last season.

5. Label your winters with which corner they came from and store them up. I built a nice sturdy rack a couple years ago out of 2x4s for about $30-40.
If you don't have any jackstands (shame on you), you can just change them like you would with a spare. Just try and be somewhat speedy about it. Those factory jacks aren't made for long term use.

If you don't have your summers mounted already, you'll have to take them all somewhere and have the tires swapped over. I would seriously suggest that you get a second set of rims to have them mounted on though. If you keep swapping tires, the beads will eventually get worn out and you'll develop slow leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

rcman50166 posted:

I apologize, I'm looking to design and engineer a piston engine from scratch. Displacement, cylinder, and configuration is still up in the air but it's going to be a low displacement (~1.0L), high RPM motor. I've been working on the idea on and off for a few years now but finally have an income to make some progress. I'm going to design and build them with the intention of making them project engines for track cars, stupidly dangerous go-karts, or whatever you want to use it for. The goal is to make 'em quickly, reliably, and cheaply.

3 cylinder? 4? This is awesome and I wish you all the best. I'm sorry i can't be of more help, but this project is way beyond my skill set. Echoing Krakkles: start a thread when you get rolling!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Do you own a classic GM vehicle? Do you want to know a bunch of pointless crap about it? Check here: https://gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Gothmog1065 posted:

How is tirebuyer.com for tires? I would do tirerack but the shipping is insane (130ish for 4 tires) while tirebuyer seems to be much more reasonable (30 for each tire).

If you have a Discount Tire nearby, check with them. They might even pricematch for you and negate shipping entirely.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ultimate Mango posted:

I suppose I should not be surprised that there isn't a Hyundai/Genesis thread here, but is there any forum out there that isn't hot garbage? I get there isn't the cult following of BMW and other brand fanatics who obsessively prune every detail and manual but yeah it ain't pretty in the online Hyundai community.

From what I've seen? No. I'll echo Commie and say start one! If you care enough about the cars that you're looking for a place to discuss them, you've probably already got enough info in your head for a good first post.