Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Did you see the episode where they were testing methods to pass the Breathalyzer? Jamie looks like he'd be a mean drunk.

They talked about this at the event I was at. Adam said that he went to his local bar afterwards, but didn't want to drink any more alcohol, so he just drank water. Jamie said that the whole thing pissed him off pretty badly and that he just sat and stared at the wall for a few hours.

Grandpa Pap posted:

I also don't think Jamie can be too bad to work for; I read something (an interview? her blog? don't recall) with Scottie (she of the tattoos), where she said she loved working with everyone on the show, and loved working at M5, and only quit because the producers began to treat her less like an artist and more like a general mechanic.

Evidently, Scottie also didn't adjust to being on camera very well. Jamie mentioned that she got annoyed by being filmed all the time and that the other assistants have all been able to work on camera as if the camera wasn't there.

Robot Relations posted:

I did see that one. I think Jamie's got some secrets only he knows about. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was a Green Beret or such.

He was some kind of diving master in the Caribbean and did over 5000 dives. I think that was the most colorful aspect of his background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Grandpa Pap posted:

You do make a good point, now that you mention Christine. I remember the episode where they were showing the "lost footage" and Jamie and the Aussie producer were giving her crap over not wanting to do the bit where they slid down the wire from the top of a building while holding the piece of plywood or whatever (for the myth about the worker gliding with a piece of plywood). She was really upset and Adam was trying to be a bit more comforting, but as I recall both Jamie and the producer were kind of like "just do it and get it over with".

That's another example, yeah. I mean, obviously they're going to take every possible measure to ensure no one gets hurt and I'm sure this is the kind of thing they were all told they might be asked to do before they took part in the show, but at the end of it, you're still basejumping off a building holding a sheet of plywood. I suppose it's possible that she was a lot more of a hazard and a hinder off camera than we saw, but it's no wonder she seems to have quit the show or taken an extremely reduced role.

B40C posted:

He was some kind of diving master in the Caribbean and did over 5000 dives. I think that was the most colorful aspect of his background.

That he talks about. It might just be in my mind, but the guy's so well-read and well-traveled, I get the feeling he's got something (or things) he doesn't talk about in his closet.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Don't forget that he's an expert marksman when armed with a painball gun.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Robot Relations posted:

That's another example, yeah. I mean, obviously they're going to take every possible measure to ensure no one gets hurt and I'm sure this is the kind of thing they were all told they might be asked to do before they took part in the show, but at the end of it, you're still basejumping off a building holding a sheet of plywood. I suppose it's possible that she was a lot more of a hazard and a hinder off camera than we saw, but it's no wonder she seems to have quit the show or taken an extremely reduced role.

I'm not sure if it was the same producer or not, but Adam mentioned his hatred of their former producer, who was the one that convinced Tory, Grant, and Kari to shock him when they were doing that Mayan battery myth or whatever it was. Adam said that it was like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer, and that the trio didn't want to do it to him at all.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

B40C posted:

I'm not sure if it was the same producer or not, but Adam mentioned his hatred of their former producer, who was the one that convinced Tory, Grant, and Kari to shock him when they were doing that Mayan battery myth or whatever it was. Adam said that it was like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer, and that the trio didn't want to do it to him at all.

I believe it because Adam seems like a reasonable guy and I would have flipped the gently caress out if someone did that to me. It might not be lethal, but it was a loving electrified cattle fence shock. It doesn't surprise me it wasn't the trio's idea because I would have expected Adam to refuse to work with them again or at least be visibly upset with them.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

There's a new show, Really Big Things, hosted by the moronic Matt Rogers. I like the premise of the show - big rear end machines in action, but the host has got to go. I expect him to say "Git 'r dun" after every segment.

This show could be so good with a good host. An American Idol reject is not it.

John Ford Coley posted:

You know, I don't really care much for How It's Made. I don't know if it's the products they choose to show, or the narration, or the production quality, or what, it's just so BORING. There are other shows that do what it does, and better.

I think it's a Quebec show, so we get a dubbed version. "Made in America" on the Travel Channel is a little better, except it's a bit rah-rah USA.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

smackfu posted:

This show could be so good with a good host. An American Idol reject is not it.

I think it's a Quebec show, so we get a dubbed version. "Made in America" on the Travel Channel is a little better, except it's a bit rah-rah USA.

The entire show is done in a voice-over (except for the first season which was hosted by Mark Tewksbury), so it's not like people are missing out on something by watching it in english.

SCOTT SMAGO
Aug 10, 2003
I don't care what you people say. How It's Made is wonderfully hypnotic. I love putting it on and just staring at it for an hour or so.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

ScootsMagoo posted:

I don't care what you people say. How It's Made is wonderfully hypnotic. I love putting it on and just staring at it for an hour or so.

And it's relaxing as gently caress. Seriously, it's probably about as close to drugs as you can get without taking them. There's no way to watch and hour of How It's Made and be angry, stressed, upset, etc.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler

wernox posted:

Donna Quashnick posted a blog thing that said they had to let him go, she really didn't go into why. I wonder if Blake uses that same crew on his Dad's boat? Or does Rick fish Opies with the same crew?

Season 1 featured a 48 hour king crab season.

Did Big Valley go down in season 1? Was Cash Seel on season 2 talking about it?

That's too bad, because Hiram ruled. :(

Big Valley sunk during the King season in Season 1. I don't think anything sunk at all in season 2.

Morgan Proctor
Aug 28, 2006

I KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT NUCLEAR POWER, BUT THAT DOESN'T SHUT ME UP! ALSO, MILLIONS DEAD!

Robot Relations posted:

That he talks about. It might just be in my mind, but the guy's so well-read and well-traveled, I get the feeling he's got something (or things) he doesn't talk about in his closet.

He trained dolphins for the U.S. military, but he won't say what for.

Davidnssbm
Oct 19, 2004

by Fragmaster
anyone know when a new season of man vs wild starts?

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Bumping this because there's a new episode of Mythbusters on tonight at 9pm.

Voice Flame Extinguisher

Jamie and Adam try to put out a fire by yelling loudly at it; Kari, Tory and Grant examine four hypnosis hypotheses, including post-hypnotic suggestions and self-hypnosis.

Also, Wednesdays at 8pm they have a new show called "Hazard Pay" - it's sort of like Dirty Jobs, except the host does dangerous jobs instead of dirty jobs. Tonight's show, he's doing the job of a prison guard and a hockey player.

So far, the prison guard job is pretty interesting. They talked about and showed some of the weapons that inmates make. They talked about "gassing" - where an inmate will take a mixture of urine, feces, and blood and throw it through the cell door at the guard.

Apparently at this particular prison, they had to buy STRONGER pepper spray because some of the inmates had built up an immunity to it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

LordOfThePants posted:

They talked about "gassing" - where an inmate will take a mixture of urine, feces, and blood and throw it through the cell door at the guard.

That sure as gently caress sounds like a "dirty job" to me...

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Mythbusters has not a thread of its own? I'm shocked, just shocked.

Also, anyone have any guesses as to what pisses Jamie off? Does someone dare to touch the beret?

It was funny, while I was watching "Hazard Pay" my roommate walked in and noted that the ice rink they were filming in is where his team practices / plays. He also recognized the referee. Small world :psyduck:

Schizo
Sep 9, 2001

Oh shit, Robotech lawyers!
Has nobody on Mythbusters ever heard of a wind screen? They're all making GBS threads themselves over a candle being blown out when it's a foot away from a speaker blowing at loud volume that's obviously disturbing the nearby air. They need to put a wind screen between the flame and speaker and see if it blows out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

I did see that one. I think Jamie's got some secrets only he knows about. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was a Green Beret or such.

I remember reading something about him. He got a degree in Russian and then proceeded to open a SCUBA shop in the Carribean (near Cuba). After he was done with that he some how ended up as an explosives/SFX expert in Hollywood.

Schizo posted:

Has nobody on Mythbusters ever heard of a wind screen? They're all making GBS threads themselves over a candle being blown out when it's a foot away from a speaker blowing at loud volume that's obviously disturbing the nearby air. They need to put a wind screen between the flame and speaker and see if it blows out.

Well sound IS pressure waves and with a screen that would block the "sound".

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

ScootsMagoo posted:

I like watching factory shows, it relaxes me too.

I'm pissed off because I keep catching only bits and pieces of Modern Marvels lately (wait--- is that discovery channel or history?) so I caught only part of Cotton and part of Coffee. That stuff interests me.

I am so lame.

Schizo
Sep 9, 2001

Oh shit, Robotech lawyers!

Zero One posted:

Well sound IS pressure waves and with a screen that would block the "sound".

The whole point of a windscreen is to let the sound go through without the air currents messing with things.

Ozma posted:

I like watching factory shows, it relaxes me too.

I'm pissed off because I keep catching only bits and pieces of Modern Marvels lately (wait--- is that discovery channel or history?) so I caught only part of Cotton and part of Coffee. That stuff interests me.

I am so lame.

History channel. I watch drat near every MM episode too. :(

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have my tv set on the Discovery Channel about 75% of the time it's on. I love Deadliest Catch the most out of all the shows, and I've even gotten my girlfriend addicted to it as well. How It's Made, Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters. Discovery has one hell of a lineup going these days.

edit: I'm a big loser as well. Right now there's a Modern Marvels on right now about bricks. BRICKS! And I'm totally interested in it.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 12, 2007

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

edit: I'm a big loser as well. Right now there's a Modern Marvels on right now about bricks. BRICKS! And I'm totally interested in it.

Hey now, that stuff is important!

The cement one that I watched a while ago really more interesting than I thought it might be.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ozma posted:

Hey now, that stuff is important!

The cement one that I watched a while ago really more interesting than I thought it might be.

Yeah. Cement is really interesting. My university actually offers a serious degree in a field called Concrete Management. My father works in construction and tried to get me to do that as a career when I graduated high school.

"poo poo boy! Why get a history degree and be a teacher when you can work with CONCRETE!? That's where the money is!"

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Do you guys get Wheeler Dealers on the US Discovery or is that wonderful show just limited to us euro types?

Spirogyra
Dec 19, 2003
I watch a ton of Discovery Channel, and just love Dirty Jobs and Mike Rowe. Whenever I hear him in the Ford truck commercials, I perk up. :swoon:

But How It's Made drives me into an inexplicable rage.

Watching it is OK. It's interesting to see the work that goes into the everyday things that I never think about.

However, the music and narration make it absolutely impossible for me to watch (and I can't watch it without sound--I'm strange that way, I suppose). It reminds me of the horrible film strips I used to watch in grade school, with the mind numbing voice and bad synth muzak. The narration, as the process for making a comb is explained as if the audience is a group of 2nd graders, will generally get me to change the channel in about 2 minutes.

Aside from that, Discovery Channel is the top channel in the house. Just wish their HD channel (at least the one we get) followed the same schedule as the non-HD.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm watching Man vs Wild and Grylls is in Alaska. I swear, if he says "glassy-uh" for glacier one more time, I'm going to scream.

It's "gley-sher" goddammit!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Robot Relations posted:

That's probably true. Jamie seems like he'd be a real humorless rear end in a top hat to work with or for and of the few times he's laughed at Adam's jokes or actions, none of them sounded genuine in the least.

Adams mentioned on the show before as well, that him and Jaime aren't actually 'friends'. They're basically co-workers and probably a lot of mutual respect there, but it's not a buddy show anyway, and it works well.

Since I've seen all the Survivorman and Man vs Wild episodes multiple times, I wanted to chime in -

I used to hate Man vs Wild, because it really isn't as pure a survival experience as Survivorman. People mentioned it already, but Les (Survivorman) has to try and last for a week by himself, hauling all the various camera gear himself, and his only supplies are a Multi-tool, and whatever he scraps together from the vehicle that would get him to such a remote area (IE, a trashed bike or broken snowmobile). The show is very eerie at times, due to the lack of production. It's just one man trying to last in isolation and the elements, and the emotional impact on him is palpable in every single show.

Bear Grylls (Man vs Wild) doesn't do any of that. He shows how to get out of bad situations, and since he doesn't worry about dying alone, or any of that 'real' stuff, he can go more crazy. You see him doing risky things like people mentioned - eating raw meat thats laying around, drinking water without boiling it, jumping off waterfalls, etc. His show is more 'extreme' but not as involving emotionally. I warmed up to the show after a while because it's more fun to watch with buddies, but it's not a survivor experience.

Both have their place, and both actually live up to their titles very well. Survivorman would be my preference if I had to pick one though.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

For anyone who cares (I didn't see much interest for it in this thread, but here goes), it seems that It Takes A Thief is either canceled or on indefinite hiatus. It's been completely removed from the schedule (reruns, too) and it seems any e-mails about it are getting form letter replies saying it's currently not producing new episodes and to keep watching Discovery in case the show "resumes production."

That sucks. I enjoyed the show. :(

And yet loving CASH CAB of all shows seems to be getting more timeslots on the schedule.

Free Market Gravy fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2007

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Robot Relations posted:

it seems that It Takes A Thief is either canceled or on indefinite hiatus. It's been completely removed from the schedule (reruns, too) and it seems any e-mails about it are getting form letter replies saying it's currently not producing new episodes and to keep watching Discovery in case the show "resumes production."

Interesting. I wonder if they pissed too many people off?

I never got that show, really- I guess it's Discovery Channel TELLING them to act this way for the drama but I never got why people who signed up to have a TV crew/ex cons break into their house would then get really pissed off about it. They'd break in and take stuff and then we'd get the "confrontation" where they'd yell at the thieves or whatever and say they were disgusted...they're doing you a favor in this instance!

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
230 miles to the northwest of the previous topic, lies the Deadliest Catch.

Really...I can't get enough of this show. I've watched since the beginning and still even though every scene is overloaded with false suspense (Cue Mike Rowe: "On the deadly Bering Sea, even making breakfast is a live threatening event."), I'll probably never miss an episode.

I guess it comes down to the fact that really, it makes my lovely days at the office seem pretty dang good. Oh hey that guy got his finger about taken off by a 500lb crab pot...guess that's way worse than the knucklehead at the office that was pissed about not printing today.

Also, this show (and to a lesser extent American Chopper, when I used to watch that a few seasons ago), is responsible for a tendency for me to narrate random events around the home and office. No one gets it, but I still love it.

Examples:
"Tragedy strikes the programming team as deadlines draw near."
"Sparks fly when the kids refuse share toys at the risk of early bedtime!"

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Ozma posted:

I never got that show, really- I guess it's Discovery Channel TELLING them to act this way for the drama but I never got why people who signed up to have a TV crew/ex cons break into their house would then get really pissed off about it. They'd break in and take stuff and then we'd get the "confrontation" where they'd yell at the thieves or whatever and say they were disgusted...they're doing you a favor in this instance!

Well, I know the guy who does the actual robberies, Jon, is an actor and has a movie production company, so he may be focusing on that, but I thought the show was doing really well.

The only thing I can figure is that they may have gotten a lawsuit threat from somebody because on more than one occasion they broke things they couldn't replace (ceramic heirlooms and whatnot) and I doubt the producers told the homeowners that those sorts of things might happen then still got them to sign.

What annoyed me about the show is that the robbers left a fuckload of evidence behind and left their fingerprints on everything. I know that wasn't the point of the show, but when he was pulling Splinter Cell-style poo poo while people were in the house, it annoyed me to see him being so reckless in terms of not being traced.

Edit: I also got kind of irritated by the reaction of the homeowners, but not the anger so much as the surprise.

:eek: "OH MY GOD. HONEY, HONEY! THE GARAGE DOOR'S WIDE OPEN!"
:downs: "What?"
:eek: "I CAME HOME AND THE GARAGE DOOR WAS WIDE OPEN. YOUR CAR'S GONE."
:downs: "OK, I'll be right there."

Uh, guys, remember when you signed up for this and were told you were going to be robbed? I mean, I realize they are probably told to play that up too for the cameras, but it was irritating.

Free Market Gravy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 20, 2007

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Campbell posted:

230 miles to the northwest of the previous topic, lies the Deadliest Catch.

Really...I can't get enough of this show. I've watched since the beginning and still even though every scene is overloaded with false suspense (Cue Mike Rowe: "On the deadly Bering Sea, even making breakfast is a live threatening event."), I'll probably never miss an episode.
I'm really enjoying Deadliest Catch this season. When this season is over, I'll set up a Wishlist on my Tivo to grab all the old seasons.

Mythbusters this week was kind of disappointing. They tested two myths as usual. Adam and Jamie's was to test of flying birds in a truck made it weigh lighter (compared to when they were in the truck but not flying). That was slightly interesting, but the myth that the team busted was sort of retarded. They found a picture of a boat impaled on a channel marker and tried to replicate it.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

Campbell posted:

I guess it comes down to the fact that really, it makes my lovely days at the office seem pretty dang good. Oh hey that guy got his finger about taken off by a 500lb crab pot...guess that's way worse than the knucklehead at the office that was pissed about not printing today.

I can't even fathom how these guys are able to go 32+ hours in a row like that. It's insane! This season has been very good so far, though. The only thing that bothers me is that, on some camera angles, you REALLY get the feeling like you're on the boat when it's rolling in the waves, and I feel like I'm starting to get seasick.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I just want to know how much Drama can Phil Harris and the Cornelia Marie create for themselves.

And I'll always remember that as foolish as Phil thinks the Hilstrand brothers are, they saved that guys rear end when he fell off the stack.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

No new Mythbusters tonight, although last week's Ninja episode was actually pretty good. Like the Pirate myths episode, I had low expectations going in but it was very entertaining.

Hazard Pay last week was really cool. He spent a day working as a "Tower Climber" - one of the guys who climbs up those massive microwave towers to make repairs. The guy with him told him not to look up once they were past a certain height, because the movement of the clouds would make it appear that the tower was swaying and your body would try to compensate for it by shifting your weight and you could fall off.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

BigHead posted:

I'm going to disagree both with the guy that preferred Man vs. Wild and the guy that said they were comparable. Survivorman, in my opinion, is far superior for several reasons.

Personally? I think Bear is an idiot. Well, maybe not so much of an idiot, but I feel that he takes foolish risks to make his show more dynamic. He probably wouldn't pull half this crap if he didn't have a camera crew with him, and people following his 'advice' in some of these situations would be on the fast track to getting killed.

Crawling through an ice tunnel under a glacier? Incredibly dangerous, even discounting soaking yourself to the point of hypothermia. See also: Climbing down a waterfall.

Climbing down into a crater in the middle of an African desert because at the bottom he sees signs of possible human activity? Foolish! It's hotter at the bottom than at the top, and I feel most people wouldn't be able to climb back out.

Les follows the main rule of being stranded: Stay put, people are probably looking for you. Aside from that, I think he in general just has better knowledge of survival. The man can practically pull fire out of his rear end, and seems to know every single edible object in whatever area it is he's stranded in.

eckm
Jan 7, 2005
over their affection
Has anyone seen the two-part "Before the Dinosaurs" feature? It's done in mostly CGI with a few parts that are models, and it's really great. I don't know how far back in time it starts, as I keep missing the beginning, but it goes through all these species that are not quite mammals and not quite reptiles. It's really well done, not to mention adorable, as, even though it's CGI, they still have the creatures momentarily looking at the camera with curiosity or accidentally walking into it while looking around confused.

Also, there's this reptile that is called something I don't know how to spell, but phonetically it's "die IT duh-don" and I wish I could find more information about it, because it's awesome.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Supreme Allah posted:

I used to hate Man vs Wild, because it really isn't as pure a survival experience as Survivorman. People mentioned it already, but Les (Survivorman) has to try and last for a week by himself, hauling all the various camera gear himself, and his only supplies are a Multi-tool, and whatever he scraps together from the vehicle that would get him to such a remote area (IE, a trashed bike or broken snowmobile). The show is very eerie at times, due to the lack of production. It's just one man trying to last in isolation and the elements, and the emotional impact on him is palpable in every single show.

Eh, that adds something to it, but I would be beyond shocked if he hasn't got a sat phone, GPS, and a helicopter ready to come pick his rear end up if things go bad or he doesn't check in on time. He's alone in more ways than Man vs. Wild is, but it's not that big a difference. I don't think the Man vs Wild crew are allowed to help Bear out either unless something goes really wrong.

Ozma posted:

Yeah, it seemed really, really staged most of the time, especially with the homeowners getting all fakely angry. The only interesting part was seeing the one guy break in and steal poo poo, which comprised maybe 10 minutes of the show total. It beat the poo poo out of all their paranormal/UFO shows though, and for that I hope it sticks around.

Davidnssbm
Oct 19, 2004

by Fragmaster
i think its rather clear that bear grylls isnt SURVIVING as solitary as survivorman, but he is way more bad rear end. survivorman is much more realistic (and boring). Most of the stuff you see on survivorman you can learn from a book and its not that exciting to see on screen. bear grylls is just a bad rear end and a pleasure to watch. as i watch i just keep thinking "what will this mo fo do next!" and his accent makes him even more bad rear end! saying bear gryll quotes at works with some other MvsW buddy is what gets me through the day! Vit-uh-min C!

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

B40C posted:

Jamie and Adam were both just like they are on the show, and Adam in particular was hysterical. I'm not sure if he was just joking around or not, but Adam made a comment about how he and Jamie don't get along and don't do anything outside of the show. I had heard that before, but now I really have to wonder.

I just watched "Mythbusters Revealed", their behind the scenes show. It was actually a bit disturbing to see Jamie being such a dick to Adam and to see them not being "super best buddies" as the show would have you believe. Also, Jamie is a Sociopath, no joke, dude is cold as ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Eunabomber posted:

I just watched "Mythbusters Revealed", their behind the scenes show. It was actually a bit disturbing to see Jamie being such a dick to Adam and to see them not being "super best buddies" as the show would have you believe. Also, Jamie is a Sociopath, no joke, dude is cold as ice.

And despite all the rage from the gun nuts over the way they handle guns on the show, Jamie seems a little more knowledgeable and comfortable with all sorts of weapons from assault rifles to crossbows to bows and arrows to blowguns than a guy who's just a special effects technician should be.

I'll come right out and say it: It would not shock me at all if he killed someone before and not necessarily in self defense or a wartime scenario.

IRQ posted:

Yeah, it seemed really, really staged most of the time, especially with the homeowners getting all fakely angry. The only interesting part was seeing the one guy break in and steal poo poo, which comprised maybe 10 minutes of the show total. It beat the poo poo out of all their paranormal/UFO shows though, and for that I hope it sticks around.

Apparently, Matt (the guy who sat in the van and narrated the episodes) has moved back to Texas for his teaching gig and his entertainment production company, so it looks like the show's done. They really had to have pissed someone off to get yanked from the schedule even in reruns, though.

Free Market Gravy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 3, 2007

• Locked thread