Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Trotsky1940 posted:

I just picked up the Survivorman DVD at Wal-Mart, I agree with the above; Les Stroud is the man. He does everything himself, nothing super dangerous but you can tell he's busting his rear end to both film and survive at the same time.

Agreed. When does the next season of THAT start anyway?

...there is gonna be a next season, right? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Mike Rowe vs the most insane rednecks I've ever seen. Ah, Texas.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Darth Freddy posted:

I don’t know man, these guys are drinking cognac and smoking cigars compared to the guy in the swamp and the “noodle arm fishers”

Also as a Texan thems fighting words boy.

I've been living next door to Texas all my life. Trust me, you guys have all but cornered the market on crazy :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

LordOfThePants posted:

Sounds like a mix of MacGyver and Man versus Wild. Hey, it can't be worse than Smash Lab, right?

Look on the bright side: There's no possible way it could ever be as bad as Mindfreak.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

the-jam posted:

Yeah the series doesn't start until this summer sometime. A reality documentary about rodent exterminators takes over the timeslot next week.

The only way I would watch that was if it was that crazy ex-con from Dirty Jobs.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Inspector_71 posted:

gently caress yes Deadliest Catch.

I'm amazed that none of the boats managed to find the crab with their first few strings.

That's obviously due to The Curse of the Missing Cup Noodle.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CaptainCrunch posted:

Was the explosive welding blast last night the same explosion that shattered the windows and knocked over the old lady? That was big, but it didn't seem to be as big as the one reported in the news...

...plus I'm just hoping theres more kaboom awaiting in another episode.

It's Mythbusters. There is always more kaboom.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Good god, there are actually products shittier than the stuff that makes it on the infomercials :psyduck:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
That and he doesn't have Moi's freakish upside down mouth.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
To be fair, that harpoon launcher was kinda cool and did score the killing blow.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ToastyPotato posted:

Haha that's exactly my thought. Also CM never seems to do 50 hour grinds and yet they get the same pay the NW gets. Downside is a lovely boat.

On the other hand, there's probably a nice betting pool going among the deckhands over what'll break down next.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Has anyone else been seeing the ads for that new Colony show? It looks like someone was playing Fallout 3 and then decided to make a reality show out of it.

...so yeah, I'm watching for at least three episodes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, how long til the tarp jackets and cannibalism?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Hawkman posted:

Hahaha the handyman guy thinks he is hard as gently caress

Hey man back off he knows how to build fences!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Hawkman posted:

What are they gonna do anyway this is a loving reality show, the worst they can do is ask the visitors to leave it's not like they're gonna beat them to death with pipes

Well they could always just build a Rock-It Launcher and pelt each other with teddy bears.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And now we take a left turn into Mad Max.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Then we wait.
You've seen Dead Set, right?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I know exactly how staged this was, but I'm not gonna say anything! drat LIBRUL EDUMACATED TYPES!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Clearly he's the smartest person in the world, but will not share his wisdom until he's crowned King of the Wasteland.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

feedmyleg posted:

This I've always wondered about. I'm sure Grant has some sort of wonderful degree, but I've never heard mention of Tori or Kari's experience. Does anyone have any info on this?

IIRC Tori's a master set builder, and Kari's... well, Kari smiles a lot and had that magazine spread!

And you have no idea how much geek cred Grant has. Fucker was at the controls for R2D2 in the prequels.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

haveblue posted:

They did, but played it off as Tori coming up on the low end of the totem pole rather than being more qualified IIRC.

I'm pretty sure they did the same thing for the "dropping through an awning" myth too. The insurance people wouldn't let Adam do it, but Tori was fine.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

spixxor posted:

Hahaha and the loving monkeys themselves, randomly attacking everyone. That lady was a nut though.

Also there's all the shark week episodes, in south africa and I forget where else.

I don't think the sheep episode was in Scotland though, if I still had it DVR'd I could tell you.

The monkey farm WAS a shark week episode, they had to find something in a hurry after their boat booking fell through.

Only time I've seen the entire crew running for their lives. "gently caress it, run the monkeys over, just drive!"

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

iastudent posted:

Oh gently caress, I didn't know about that one. I now have stuck in my head someone trying to build a hockey stick by gluing splinters together.

Or an entire hour of Red Green outtakes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Guy Compton posted:

I was without cable for many years. I used to really like watching TLC back when it had cooking shows and home improvement shows (remember the Furniture Guys?). Then I got cable and again, and TLC sure has turned into a sideshow.

Way back when, TLC gave us Junkyard Wars :gbsmith:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

change my name posted:

They could at least throw in mutants/giant insects, that would probably top raiders.

Only if they include all the materials needed to make a fully functional Railway Rifle, including the steam whistle.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
At this point, I say break out the paintball guns and make Left 4 Dead: The Series.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I think that's the shows ticket to being interesting and cool, if they focus on a different disaster each season. Terminators, Zombies, I Am Legend, loving go for it. Why does the apocalypse always have to be a mutant virus that just kills people?

Season 7: Rabid Jackals.
Season 8: Airhorns. 24 hours a day.
Season 9: The cold, hard vacuum of space (brought to you by Virgin Galactic!)
Season 10: gently caress it, just leave them in a random slum in Brazil.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The best Shark Week episode of anything was the Monkey Farm on Dirty Jobs.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Curly Shuffle posted:

If Adam and Jamie run out of myths to bust, well... I think it's about time they tried to relaunch Battlebots.

But only if actual ballistics were allowed this time.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

change my name posted:

As long as we're talking science channel, I'm kind of surprised that they're airing an idiot abroad on science instead of discovery

It's a new show and isn't about Alaska, of COURSE it's banished to High Tier Package Limbo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

BigHead posted:

Discovery (or maybe TNT?) had a whole show dedicated to this concept, except real guns and real demolition derbies. Like battlebots with cars, or Twisted Metal. Surprisingly, it sucked huge balls and they cancelled it immediately. That was one of the biggest failures in terms of awesome-expectation-to-utter-disappointment ratios.

I actually remember that. It was Full Metal Challenge on TLC, and had motherfucking Henry Rollins hosting it (along with the blond lady from Junkyard Wars/Scrapheap Challenge).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Capn Beeb posted:

This was an excellent show. Excellent.

Also the frat house episode was hilarious. BRO HE SMASHED YOUR poo poo BRO OHHHH BRAH I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW BRAAAH OOOOH :ssj:

HE BROKE MY FUCKIN' LEPRECHAUN!

For some reason the one I remember the most was the auto garage where he stole the guy's dog along with everything else. Because multiple Mercedes weren't enough, somehow.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Farbtoner posted:

This. I got bored of Battlebots pretty quickly because it was just differently-sized wedges running into each other over and over, all the cool crazy robots got weeded out too quickly.

There was that one spinning wire-frame pyramid bot with the hammers that seemed to dominate for two or three seasons. God I loved that one.

Then there was Biohazard, which was drat near undefeated due to the unprecedented innovation of a self-righting mechanism (that every last bot on Robot Wars had, but whatever).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of weird that Discovery is doing yet another gold rush-esque show.

They'll do anything for another trip to the glory hole.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
They're right about alligator though. When it's cooked properly it actually does taste like really chewy chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

golgo13sf posted:

The Science Channel is also airing Fringe, because why the gently caress not.

And yet, it's still more scientific than Mantracker.

• Locked thread