Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Mythbusters has not a thread of its own? I'm shocked, just shocked.

Also, anyone have any guesses as to what pisses Jamie off? Does someone dare to touch the beret?

It was funny, while I was watching "Hazard Pay" my roommate walked in and noted that the ice rink they were filming in is where his team practices / plays. He also recognized the referee. Small world :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

This week on smash brothers, the smash brothers having seen the beer commercial with bubble wrap. They have decided to bomb proof a plane by yes that’s right putting it in bubble wrap!

I'm having trouble following their logic on this one (ok, I have trouble with all of their "experiments")

Wouldn't containing an explosion inside the fuselage just increase the probability that everyone inside dies of massive trauma from the pressure wave?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

Either am I. I just remember a private pilot told me that commercial planes were no longer pressurized. So people have been having heart attacks and other blood pressure type problems. I may have it rear end backwards though.

Well, it's sort of odd to think about the plane being pressurized (though technically it is). A better way to put it perhaps is that the interior of the plane is never allowed to depressurize to the point where it would be in equilibrium with the exterior at cruising altitude. Sea-level air pressure (1 atmo) is not maintained because of the stress that would cause to the hull, but a difference of approximately +6-7 psi over the exterior is maintained at cruising altitude.

The ill effects are actually due to going from 1 atmo to whatever lower pressure the airline maintains during flight.

• Locked thread