Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tewratomeh posted:

I assumed that they put the pressure gauges at the 20-and-10 feet marks and the objects in front of them, not the objects at 20-and-10 and the gauges somewhere behind them.

When they're setting up the final wall you can see that the measuring tape starts where the detectors are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
So the build team in mythbusters had to modify their barrel to get it to push stuff, I wonder what it would've looked like had they used this method.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab1_1334253751

Looks like they just heat the top since I can't see any holes there.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Best would be if they merged the shows and called it Dual Survivorman with Cody and Les

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Why didn't they blastproof the doors or the roof in mythbusters rcktprf truck. I presume missiles only go for the windows?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

muscles like this? posted:

He ironically crushed it while moving some safety equipment.

You know, out of the myths from this episode the one that I expected to get busted was definitely the log one, not that it worked almost exactly like the movie.

Also, Kari in that R2 dress :wiggle:

Did it tear when she entered their safety truck? Thought I heard something and later she wore something else.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Doom myths up next

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The early promo I saw was on bethesdas youtube page and they own doom now.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

muscles like this? posted:

If you haven't seen Breaking Bad be careful watching tonight's Mythbusters as Vince Gilligan drops a big spoiler for the show's finale.

And it's shown right at the start too

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Best day ever for Adam in mythbusters.

I liked James May's version better still

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Adam talks a bit about the U-2 "myth" in the tested podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBl0ZdDluI

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Photex posted:

Adam probably realizes he could make a lot more money with a lot less effort on Youtube.

His one day builds on the utub are far more entertaining than mythbusters. Wish he had a better channel than the tested guys though.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Best part about that bad show ending is that Adam will have more time on tested! to do his one day builds and other stuff he does there.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

howe_sam posted:

The worst part was when Kari and Tory had to make an appearance on the child molester's show.

That was one time and Jamie was really sorry

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Since it's on netflix and not the lovely discovery channel it means no more coming up/previously between short segments. So automatically better than mythbusters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Allen Pan has cool youtube content with his thor hammer and lightsaber, and he was gone for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8Xhzt5YQI

• Locked thread