Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Hey yeah that's great they both more or less survived. What about debris mr "Extreme meterologist?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The eyes. They creep me the gently caress out.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't know what Braniac is, could you explain which myth it was?

Brainiac was a cheap Mythbusters knockoff made in the UK, they "Proved" the existence of the brown note if I recall correctly.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

DJExile posted:

Just popping in to say I miss the hell out of "It Takes a Thief" :smith:

Seconding the love for that show. As much as I enjoyed watching how actual thieves work and how to prevent them the real fun for me were those few occasions when they came back the second time and found out the clients didn't listen to a word of their advice and were just as open to theft as the last time.

And the two leads played off each other perfectly.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rocky Mountain Bushcraft posted:

I went to POWnetwork.org and viewed Dave's military service records. From what I can tell, he was an MP in the Army for 6 years who was trained as a military police sniper and an SRT member, which is like an Army version of SWAT. There is no mention of Ranger, Survival, Scout, or Airborne Training. There is also no mention of service in Central America, only in Korea.

Obviously, the Discovery Channel and Cody figured this out last year and had to make a hard decision, or else risk losing the integrity of the show. This is really sad to hear. Dave did serve his country, but decided to embellish things which got him into trouble.

Holy poo poo how did he make it this far with such a blatant lie?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

jscolon2.0 posted:

Number 1, Nic Wallenda is awesome.
Number 2, Duct tape island is the best episode of Mythbusters, Duct tape canyon is all upside.

Number 3, Duct tape AND BUBBLE WRAP :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

FogHelmut posted:

Is shark week going to be any good this year? There was a really good one a few years ago when they got Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs to do shark episodes, but its been downhill from there. Last year seemed to be mostly recycled crap, with very little new programming. And it seemed to return to the "sharks are scary" theme for dumb people.

Not sure about the televised content but This may be the neatest thing ever

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So you can fire a gun in space. I'll be damned

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The stunt driver just explained sideways driving in the most :geno: tone imaginable and it's amazing.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Dear Discovery Channel:

If you make next year's Shark Week 8 solid hours of this:

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/shark-cam/shark-fin-cam.htm

With the occasional picture-in-picture experts talking about shark behavior that is being observed I think people would still watch Shark Week, maybe even more people would watch it. You don't need to throw good money behind fake documentaries about shark-based cryptids. Just a suggestion

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

achillesforever6 posted:

Is that goddamn Kevin Conroy narrating this Shark Week Special?

He's done a couple Shark Weeks before if I recall

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

axelord posted:

One thing I've kinda of forgot was how much of fucksticks the build team were. It's amazing that they didn't end up hurt themselves.

There was that time Tori tried to repel down a building and seriously damaged his shin on a window-frame. Though that coulda gone a lot worse

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

howe_sam posted:

Pulping tomato innards with a blasting cap produced some amazing high speed footage,

Nothing about that should have worked, but it did :aaa:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

haveblue posted:

It occurred to me that they should have experimentally verified Adam's estimate of 3/4 of a second for a chainsaw to open a skull, but on the other hand if they had used a real animal head for that it would have been by far the most disgusting (and :black101:) thing the show had ever aired.

They should have also tested how many dead pigs it takes before the chainsaw gets clogged by too many meaty chunks and bone fragments, but at the same time who gives a poo poo. CHAINSAW

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Ross Angeles posted:

this is how i felt when Dirty Jobs ended

At least we got "Somebody's gotta do it" a few years later :unsmith:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mraagvpeine posted:

Goodbye Buster. Godspeed.

But it's bad luck if you can't break the champagne bottle on the first hit :ohdear:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Buster disintegrated :stare:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mister Kingdom posted:

The Porsche...:stare:

He was laughing but there's no way I would not scream my lungs out in fear if I saw another automobile hanging off the side of my windshield :stonk:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's your favorite myth?

Compressed dive suit test. They Frankenstein'ed up a realistic human body out of pig parts and made it go splinch

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww they all got tiny fragments of Buster :yayclod:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Holy poo poo that story about the prop-bomb

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

NowonSA posted:

Anyone know when the "lost" episode will air on Science? I saw an ad for it awhile ago but can't remember the exact time.

Tomorrow at nine

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Did they seriously just end on an Avengers reference?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Smelly posted:

Yes, yes they did.

Good I needed to know I didn't hallucinate that :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So who else is watching River Monsters: Ocean edition?

:coolfish:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Lime Tonics posted:

Chum Lee might have killed off pawn stars,

They should make his probation officer into a character. That would provide a few laughs :v:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Alright Mythbusters Search. We all know you're going to be a dumpster fire, I'm only watching to find out how hot and how bright your garbage will burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mraagvpeine posted:

How do you feel about the contestants?

I don't hate anyone and I don't think there's going to be much manufactured drama, but I don't really like anyone either.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 9, 2017

• Locked thread