Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler

wernox posted:

You have to watch season 1, from the days of derby style fishing. Catch as much as you can as quickly as you can, it was great stuff.

Season 1 was MUCH better than season 2, just because of how insane crab fishing used to be, compared to now.

Also, season 2 didn't have any Coast Guard rescues or anything, just a bigass wave hitting a boat. It looks like season 3 is going to be different.

But it looks like no Hiram for season 3. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

wernox posted:

Donna Quashnick posted a blog thing that said they had to let him go, she really didn't go into why. I wonder if Blake uses that same crew on his Dad's boat? Or does Rick fish Opies with the same crew?

Season 1 featured a 48 hour king crab season.

Did Big Valley go down in season 1? Was Cash Seel on season 2 talking about it?

That's too bad, because Hiram ruled. :(

Big Valley sunk during the King season in Season 1. I don't think anything sunk at all in season 2.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

LordOfThePants posted:

FYI - New episodes of Man vs. Wild start tonight at 9pm (it's actually on right now). It's rerun a bunch of time through the weekend if you miss it tonight.

Bear is in the Everglades in this episode.

Dammit I forgot all about this being on. I was too busy catching up watching season 1 of Jericho. :argh:

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

IRQ posted:

They'll re-run it like 7 billion times anyway, don't worry.

I know. It's just the thrill of seeing it when it premieres that gets me :)

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Well, no more new Deadliest Catch until next year.

:(

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

But new Dirty Jobs, thats even better in my opinion.

I can live with that. :)

My biggest fear is that they're going to run out of job ideas, and they're going to take a job that would be good for a 20 minute segment, and try to drag it out for the entire length of the show, and be incredibly boring. Granted, Mike Rowe can make anything not boring.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

The Duke posted:

Have these ever been posted? I just found these classic videos of Mike Rowe when he used to work for QVC. Guy is loving hilarious, all he does is riff on the items instead of trying to sell them.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=mike%20rowe%20qvc&search=Search

This is the first that I have seen these, and they are loving amazing. Proof positive that Mike Rowe is the best person ever to grace my TV screen.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Darth Freddy posted:

Noah's Ark is also loving great.

The lion in the fright wig made me lose it.

These deserve their own thread.

link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vE-IPRlUhGg&mode=related&search=

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

When I was like 5 I was shocked by one at my grandpas house. I was playing with a baseball and bat and I hit it over the fence and didn't think it was going to be on since he only had 1 horse around, but I guess he was renting out the area to his neighbor who had cows. So I used my bat to push up the fence so I could crawl under it. The bat was metal and I got a big old shock out of it. :( I now have this weird twitch in my leg at times and I swear its a result from that drat fence. Luckily its died down a bit since I was a kid it used to be really bad. Like I would get a double in baseball and while I was on second my leg would just start shaking like crazy, it was insane. So to make a long boring story short, dont touch electric fences.

Also new Dirty Jobs tomorrow wooo. I can't wait to get home and actually be able to watch those Mike Rowe youtube clips.

I was shocked once by one when I used to do land surveying. It was an unoccupied field and I thought that I could sneak through, but it turned out like successfully getting the pencil while playing Operation: it isn't going to happen. It hurt like hell, but no permanent damage. I don't think it was turned up really high. Still, it was enough for me to learn not to touch them, or whiz on them.

And you will NOT be disappointed when you get home.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Syncopator posted:

YAY Shark Week is over!:neckbeard:

Not only would I have never thought to have heard that phrase in my lifetime, but I completely agree. Shark Week sucked this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Mike Rowe should do a show on inseminating animals.

He's impregnated turkeys, cattle, alpacas, and pigs off the top of my head.

• Locked thread