Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Just watched the latest episode of Deadliest Catch and my god Keith and company are assholes. Even as he's in the process of getting off of the boat they had to gently caress with him. I hope he found that octopus before it sat too long.

Also those previews for the next episode. I really was not expecting to see that hand injury. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Chromatic posted:

I had no idea how far Jake Harris has fallen in the last 3-4 years. In the newest DC they revealed that he broke into one of Phil's old pads and stole a bunch of stuff to keep his drug habit afloat.

Yeah, this episode about the Harris brothers and the Cornelia Marie is :smith: as gently caress.

I still miss Phil, he was by far my favorite captain.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I would have felt like the world's shittiest person if I was in Keith's position during that crewman transfer.

I'd just feel so guilty, dude broke his arm just for trying to help.

:smith:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
That wave slammed him hard too. Wanting to go back out immediately and jumping in the water after that walrus in a previous season pretty much confirms the dude's legitimately crazy.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Photex posted:

yeah is everyone forgetting how big of a psychopath bully rear end in a top hat Freddie is?

I actually did halfway forget just how badly they bullied that one greenhorn, what was it. Last season?

The Wizard is full of dicks.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

CBJSprague24 posted:

Freddie was a really likeable guy on the Cornelia Marie, but he got to the Wizard and became a shitbag. It doesn't help being under command of Keith The Grunting Jackass Colburn.

Also, I hope Elliot gets the help he needs, but I also hope that's the last we see of him on this show. DC's about the only "real" docu/reality show I think that's still out there (and I think that because you can't really fake what's going on in a Typhoon in the Bering Sea), but his entire saga (pardon the pun) always felt tinged with "let's see what controversy or bullshit we might be able to generate with him for drama".

It's almost like Freddie takes on a bit of the persona of the captain he's with. He was great on the Cornelia.

I agree with you on Elliott. From the moment he started on the show his air time has been more about his ex than the crab fishing. I think this is the first season where you actually got to see someone from his crew besides his dad. At least that's how it feels.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Crazy Ted posted:

It is but I'm pretty sure the average captain isn't retarded enough to actually do his drugs while on the boat, while the employees are working, with a TV production crew on board.

Elliot is far from your average captain. It's a shame really because you can see that there's a smart guy underneath all the creepy and douchiness.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

ToastyPotato posted:

I mean, Jonathan also had to sit out like one or two crab fishing seasons because of back problems himself. It seems to be common amongst the older members of the fleet.

I imagine working that deck does a number on your back.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's going to rear his ugly head again on the Wizard or one of the other lovely boats on the show.

Probably as Freddy's replacement.

E- Does Discovery do these little look in things with any other of their shows? It's a pain in the rear end to see the show come back on on DVR only to have it be a 30 second snippet before more commercials.

I would kinda like to see him on the wizard. Those guys are pretty big dicks as well.

I've also seen those snippets with Mythbusters. They annoy the poo poo out of me.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Crazy Ted posted:

After seeing what happened to/on The Saga during Jake's first episode in charge, maybe he should have stayed on the Northwestern :stare:

600+ pots with single digits legal crab was painful to watch.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
The fact that everyone was rooting for Josh and trying to help him get that boat back just to watch him not give a poo poo is really depressing.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
The way the cars just parted was amazing. That was badass.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Mine was the water heater. I loved their reactions to it finally going off.

Edit: looks like cement truck 2.0 is going now.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
That shockwave on the overhead shot was awesome

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Oh god Jamie with that jail bait comment

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
This is surprisingly emotional. I'm glad this show has changed lives the way it has.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

DarklyDreaming posted:

Did they seriously just end on an Avengers reference?

Yes, yes they did.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mraagvpeine posted:

Thinking back, I vaguely remember a segment on Mythbusters (at least I think it was Mythbusters) where the Build team show that the pendulum from the Pit and the Pendulum could not have sliced through a person due to the blade losing inertia from going through the body. I tried looking, but did not find anything. Does anyone remember such a thing?

I can't recall if it was Mythbusters but I do remember this.

It started off slicing through the skin and then once it started reaching meat it just came to a stop with a sickening thunk.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Yeah if you watch anything, watch the reunion episode. It's heartwarming.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Looks like we have just a couple weeks before Deadliest Catch starts back up. :woop:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Holyshoot posted:

To be fair that kid was kind of a poo poo stain dick head to the crew before that happened. It's called fitting in. You aren't in an office job where you can do your own thing and ignore everyone else besides the most basic interaction.

Violence isn't the answer to that problem, however.

That was the episode where it clicked just how much of a douche Freddy really is. He was so lovable on the Cornelia Marie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Yeah I could see Josh trying to sequester his brother from national attention. I feel bad for them, it seems like their dad was the only rock in their lives and now they have no clue what to do.

• Locked thread