Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

I can honestly say that is all I got on my TV was the Discovery Channel and the USA network, I'd be set for TV viewing.

Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, How It's Made and It Takes A Thief are awesome ways to learn, be entertained and let the hours fly by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

I think they're just redoing a lot of myths on Mythbusters to show how much impact the viewers have on Discovery's programming. It's kind of a nice thing to see, really.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

B40C posted:

Jamie and Adam were both just like they are on the show, and Adam in particular was hysterical. I'm not sure if he was just joking around or not, but Adam made a comment about how he and Jamie don't get along and don't do anything outside of the show. I had heard that before, but now I really have to wonder.

That's probably true. Jamie seems like he'd be a real humorless rear end in a top hat to work with or for and of the few times he's laughed at Adam's jokes or actions, none of them sounded genuine in the least.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Did you see the episode where they were testing methods to pass the Breathalyzer? Jamie looks like he'd be a mean drunk.

I did see that one. I think Jamie's got some secrets only he knows about. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was a Green Beret or such.

Grandpa Pap posted:

I remember reading a couple of interviews somewhere where Adam said that Jamie gave him his first job in the industry, and was the one who recommended they hire Adam for Mythbusters; something to the effect that Jamie was to initially be the host, but he sagely noted that Adam was a much more dynamic (and therefore television-friendly) personality than he was. I'm sure that doesn't mean they're drinking buddies, but I can't imagine they'd have done the show this long if they disliked each other.

I also don't think Jamie can be too bad to work for; I read something (an interview? her blog? don't recall) with Scottie (she of the tattoos), where she said she loved working with everyone on the show, and loved working at M5, and only quit because the producers began to treat her less like an artist and more like a general mechanic.

Yeah, they originally just wanted Jamie since the shop is his and his alone, but he asked them to add a second host because he knew he wasn't the most charismatic guy. I'm sure they get along. I doubt they would have been able to do the show this long if they didn't. I just get the impression that Jamie holds it together for as long as they're taping and signs off fairly quickly once the cameras are off.

Also, the one assistant (Christine, was it? The one who got burned by the exploding Jawbreaker) seemed to catch a lot of poo poo from Jamie for no real reason. On more than one occasion, she'd mismeasure something or accidentally break a gear or a wheel and Jamie would just berate her almost to the point of cruelty. I'm sure the man knows his poo poo and is probably a font of knowledge about special effects and physics, but I wouldn't want to work with him.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Grandpa Pap posted:

You do make a good point, now that you mention Christine. I remember the episode where they were showing the "lost footage" and Jamie and the Aussie producer were giving her crap over not wanting to do the bit where they slid down the wire from the top of a building while holding the piece of plywood or whatever (for the myth about the worker gliding with a piece of plywood). She was really upset and Adam was trying to be a bit more comforting, but as I recall both Jamie and the producer were kind of like "just do it and get it over with".

That's another example, yeah. I mean, obviously they're going to take every possible measure to ensure no one gets hurt and I'm sure this is the kind of thing they were all told they might be asked to do before they took part in the show, but at the end of it, you're still basejumping off a building holding a sheet of plywood. I suppose it's possible that she was a lot more of a hazard and a hinder off camera than we saw, but it's no wonder she seems to have quit the show or taken an extremely reduced role.

B40C posted:

He was some kind of diving master in the Caribbean and did over 5000 dives. I think that was the most colorful aspect of his background.

That he talks about. It might just be in my mind, but the guy's so well-read and well-traveled, I get the feeling he's got something (or things) he doesn't talk about in his closet.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

B40C posted:

I'm not sure if it was the same producer or not, but Adam mentioned his hatred of their former producer, who was the one that convinced Tory, Grant, and Kari to shock him when they were doing that Mayan battery myth or whatever it was. Adam said that it was like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer, and that the trio didn't want to do it to him at all.

I believe it because Adam seems like a reasonable guy and I would have flipped the gently caress out if someone did that to me. It might not be lethal, but it was a loving electrified cattle fence shock. It doesn't surprise me it wasn't the trio's idea because I would have expected Adam to refuse to work with them again or at least be visibly upset with them.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

ScootsMagoo posted:

I don't care what you people say. How It's Made is wonderfully hypnotic. I love putting it on and just staring at it for an hour or so.

And it's relaxing as gently caress. Seriously, it's probably about as close to drugs as you can get without taking them. There's no way to watch and hour of How It's Made and be angry, stressed, upset, etc.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

For anyone who cares (I didn't see much interest for it in this thread, but here goes), it seems that It Takes A Thief is either canceled or on indefinite hiatus. It's been completely removed from the schedule (reruns, too) and it seems any e-mails about it are getting form letter replies saying it's currently not producing new episodes and to keep watching Discovery in case the show "resumes production."

That sucks. I enjoyed the show. :(

And yet loving CASH CAB of all shows seems to be getting more timeslots on the schedule.

Free Market Gravy fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2007

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Ozma posted:

Interesting. I wonder if they pissed too many people off?

I never got that show, really- I guess it's Discovery Channel TELLING them to act this way for the drama but I never got why people who signed up to have a TV crew/ex cons break into their house would then get really pissed off about it. They'd break in and take stuff and then we'd get the "confrontation" where they'd yell at the thieves or whatever and say they were disgusted...they're doing you a favor in this instance!

Well, I know the guy who does the actual robberies, Jon, is an actor and has a movie production company, so he may be focusing on that, but I thought the show was doing really well.

The only thing I can figure is that they may have gotten a lawsuit threat from somebody because on more than one occasion they broke things they couldn't replace (ceramic heirlooms and whatnot) and I doubt the producers told the homeowners that those sorts of things might happen then still got them to sign.

What annoyed me about the show is that the robbers left a fuckload of evidence behind and left their fingerprints on everything. I know that wasn't the point of the show, but when he was pulling Splinter Cell-style poo poo while people were in the house, it annoyed me to see him being so reckless in terms of not being traced.

Edit: I also got kind of irritated by the reaction of the homeowners, but not the anger so much as the surprise.

:eek: "OH MY GOD. HONEY, HONEY! THE GARAGE DOOR'S WIDE OPEN!"
:downs: "What?"
:eek: "I CAME HOME AND THE GARAGE DOOR WAS WIDE OPEN. YOUR CAR'S GONE."
:downs: "OK, I'll be right there."

Uh, guys, remember when you signed up for this and were told you were going to be robbed? I mean, I realize they are probably told to play that up too for the cameras, but it was irritating.

Free Market Gravy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 20, 2007

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Eunabomber posted:

I just watched "Mythbusters Revealed", their behind the scenes show. It was actually a bit disturbing to see Jamie being such a dick to Adam and to see them not being "super best buddies" as the show would have you believe. Also, Jamie is a Sociopath, no joke, dude is cold as ice.

And despite all the rage from the gun nuts over the way they handle guns on the show, Jamie seems a little more knowledgeable and comfortable with all sorts of weapons from assault rifles to crossbows to bows and arrows to blowguns than a guy who's just a special effects technician should be.

I'll come right out and say it: It would not shock me at all if he killed someone before and not necessarily in self defense or a wartime scenario.

IRQ posted:

Yeah, it seemed really, really staged most of the time, especially with the homeowners getting all fakely angry. The only interesting part was seeing the one guy break in and steal poo poo, which comprised maybe 10 minutes of the show total. It beat the poo poo out of all their paranormal/UFO shows though, and for that I hope it sticks around.

Apparently, Matt (the guy who sat in the van and narrated the episodes) has moved back to Texas for his teaching gig and his entertainment production company, so it looks like the show's done. They really had to have pissed someone off to get yanked from the schedule even in reruns, though.

Free Market Gravy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 3, 2007

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Dear Discovery Channel:

I love your channel. Really, I do. It's the truth. When I have the TV on and I'm just listening or doing something while "watching" with my ears, it's you or the Weather Channel. I support and love you guys.

That said... Please... Find something, ANYTHING to air besides Deadliest Catch. Deadliest Catch is a great show without question and is far more interesting than any show whose premise is "watch guys crab fishing in Alaskan waters" should be. However, there's only been three seasons and yet no matter when I turn the channel on, there's a 95% chance you're airing a Deadliest Catch rerun. I can only watch each episode so many times. Hell, I don't think it's mandated by law that you can show shark-oriented shows ONLY during Shark Week, is it?

And while I've got your attention, please ramp up the difficulty on Cash Cab. I only like the show for the host anyway, but it's annoying to hear people strike out on questions that 4th graders would be ashamed to get wrong.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Robot Relations

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Fantastipotamus posted:

I was watching one episode where he had to float down some river, and he was definitely wearing a life jacket under his shirt. He climbed out of the water at a low angle (so you couldn't see it) and then, miraculously, it was gone!

I thought Surivivorman was much more interesting :(

The guy from Survivorman is about as close to a real life superhero as you can get. He sets up and breaks down all the equipment himself and if he fucks something up while doing something monumentally and stupidly dangerous, he just does it again.

Both guys are more hardy than I am and I'll give them both credit, but Survivorman (the show name even sounds like a superhero) makes Capt. Smarmy British Air Force Shithead look like a boy scout.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Mike Rowe is incredibly smarmy, and it's awesome. You need to watch some of the episodes of Dirty Jobs where he's stuck with hill folk too dense to even realize that he's just making fun of them non-stop right to their faces.

Those are my favorite episodes of Dirty Jobs. I'm not afraid to say I have a huge mancrush on Rowe. He seems like he'd be an awesome guy to have a drink with.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

I liked that show, but it was only about 15 minutes of entertainment in a 60 minute sack. The only good parts were the burglary and the homeowners getting all angry about it (even though that was obviously heavily scripted). The whole second half of the show is just garbage. Installing a ridiculous security system and seeing whether or not people can be arsed to turn it on? THRILLING!

But seeing Rainey pull some Solid Snake style moves to get into houses was pretty awesome. It wasn't the most entertaining show on Discovery, but it was a good way to spend an hour.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Very true, it's just that that part was over so quickly. It was such a front-loaded show that I'd usually change the channel after they give the stuff back.

I love his comments about how stupid the homeowners are as he's stealing stuff though, and when he brings that other guy with the huge truck to help.

The thing that always startled me about the show was how stupid the people really were about their stuff. I'm sure Discovery told them not to really go over the edge with locking stuff up, but I'm pretty sure the way we saw the houses when he broke in wasn't too far off from how they were every day.

DurosKlav posted:

Agreed, I'd probably watch the most boring show ever made if it had Mike Rowe as its host.

Mike Rowe could make a knitting competition compelling television by virtue of his narration.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

IrvingTwoSmokes posted:

I thought he looked really hurt when it happened. Like he couldn't believe they would do something that mean to him.

The way they cut it, I'm sure they edited out more of his cursing and anger, but later in that same "segment," he seemed to have cooled down and the only reason I can think of is that someone revealed it wasn't their idea.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

drat it, I thought the new season of Dirty Jobs started tomorrow night. It's NEXT Tuesday. DISCOVERY CHANNEL :argh:

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

That's why I didn't appreciate that show coming on before the season was over. Not that I am morbid or anything, but if anything tragic DID happen, the fact that certain people are there and talking fine and dandy kind of ruins the outcome of things. That's why I haven't watch it yet.

Yeah, it sort of ruins the illusion, but really, After The Catch is probably some of the best TV Discovery's done.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

LordOfThePants posted:

That Las Vegas pig farm episode of Dirty Jobs was disgusting, easily one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on TV. I never actually watched the whole thing because I was so revolted by it, I kept 30-second skipping through it. The best part was when Mike stopped quickly with a truckload of slop and it sloshed forward and into the cab.

As I recall, Mike mentioned that job on at least two later episodes and mentioned that the owner was offered some ridiculous sum of money for the land the farm was on and turned it down. That job seemed like one he seriously was surprised someone could love that much. I don't blame him.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

The Duke posted:

I finally saw the episode of Mythbusters where Adam gets zapped by the Ark, holy poo poo he looked pissed. I'm surprised he didn't quit over that.

If you watch, you can tell the "interns" really didn't want to do it and Kari looked like she was going to cry when he jumped back and just said deadpan "you guys did hook up the cattle fence shocker, didn't you?"

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Actually Tori seemed really to dread what was coming the whole time, while Kari tried to keep her TV face on the whole time by constantly talking. I hadn't seen the episode in a very long time, but after becoming more familiar with the build team since then, it is pretty clear how horrible Tori was at showing he was nervous during that "prank."

Actually, yeah, now that you mention it, he had that look of shame and fear about what he was about to see. Really, that's a pretty dick thing to do as the show's producer.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Trotsky1940 posted:

I read that a producer of the show conned them into it; Adam supposedly didn't like the guy anyway and he left shortly afterward.

Yeah, the producer kind of forced them into doing it and I think Adam poo poo-talked him something fierce at some college visit they did after he left the show.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

keeper posted:

Tori was looking terrified in some of those scenes.

And the way he deadpan confirms that they hooked up the cattle fence thing is pretty :smith: too.

That was not only stupid, but kind of dangerous because while it wasn't lethal, anything above a few thousand volts can cause some serious injuries.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Fantastipotamus posted:

I'm not sure if any of you have been shocked like that before (I've been shocked by a horse electric fence, and I think cow fences are even stronger because they're stupider and thicker-skinned), but it really hurts. And you're going to maximize the pain by going arm-to-arm. It also leaves you feeling all wonky inside, like all your insides feel weird and hosed up.. I would have been really pissed too. :(

Yeah, I got shocked by a horse fence when I was younger on a relative's farm and it really does feel like you're getting hit right in the chest with a sledgehammer. And that's not even 10,000 volts. As far as I know, it's the amps that determine lethality, but gently caress that, any sort of electricity running through the body is loving dangerous as poo poo.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

LordOfThePants posted:

I just watched this week's Dirty Jobs and it was hilarious.

They must be running out of jobs, because they seem to be spending an entire episode at one place now. This week, he was working at a snake farm (looked like one of those huge roadside attractions that are full of snakes).

Mike had to grab some of the snakes right below their heads so they couldn't bite him and it was hilarious to watch. He was clearly very unsettled, you could see him sweating the whole time.

I think after the Lake Erie snake collector episode, he's a little gunshy about getting bitten by snakes. I saw one episode where I think he said he was bit something like 30 times that day. I can't say I'd blame him for being nervous.

Plus those were huge snakes that unlike the water snakes either were poisonous or were huge constrictors that could easily kill a man.

I don't think it's so much that he's running out of jobs as much as he's busier now than before and I think they're sadly coming to the end of the Dirty Jobs season. He had to do the Deadliest Catch special and voiceovers, interviews, Ford commercials, etc. as well as film new episodes of Dirty Jobs and I think the one coming up on Tuesday is the last one of the season, which is lovely on Discovery's part to hype the return of Dirty Jobs after a two month or so hiatus for 3 episodes and then end it again.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

They just broke the season into multiple pieces. Like they've been doing with Mythbusters. I don't know why they do it, especially to shows that are probably their most popular.

Yeah, especially when I think their seasons run the standard length of a typical network TV series. If they only got 12 episodes to a season, I could understand trying to extend it, but the idea of putting Dirty Jobs on hiatus for two months so we could have the "Watch Every Episode Of Deadliest Catch 16 Times Extravaganza" and then bring it back for three episodes before going "hey no more dirty jobs until next season lol" is pretty lovely.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

There's some sort of Dirty Jobs on in 2 weeks that looks newish: "Dirtiest Machines on the Planet." Or it's old and I don't remember it... or it's just a clip show (sounds that way).

I think they're just running out of dirty jobs to do, I haven't watched this week's yet, but that billboard one was lame and not dirty at all.

It's probably a clip show.

And I've kind of accepted that while the dirty Dirty Jobs are usually the funnier ones, it's become a show that's not so much about "dirty" jobs as much as jobs that no one would see in the paper and go "hey, let me give that a shot" but would have to actually have a burning desire (for whatever reason) to do.

Which is fair enough, because as fun as it is to watch Mike Rowe get covered in all manner of filth and contagion, you can only see it so many times.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Syncopator posted:

I miss How It's Made. SHARK WEEK:argh:

Yeah, yesterday's "ALL SHARKS ALL THE TIME" marathon pissed me off. Every show Discovery has has done a Shark Week Special, even Cash Cab, so why not show those? I hope things are back to normal today.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

smackfu posted:

That would be epic: How It's Made: Shark Stuff.

I bet there is one showing how they make shark cartilage pills, sharkskin whatever-you-haves, etc. Hell, like I said, Cash Cab once had a "It's shark week, so all my questions for you are about sharks" show.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

There's going to be 4 weeks of new Dirty Jobs, and then another new ep a week or two after that, and 5 weeks of new eps of Mythbusters, both starting next week.

That's awesome. I'm glad they didn't just bring back a "new season" of Dirty Jobs for 3 new episodes.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

ErIog posted:

Them getting a baseball up to 450 miles per hour was ridiculous. I'm surprised they did that inside the shop.

Same here, especially given that Jamie seems super-anal about making sure nothing in his shop gets damaged. The only thing I can figure is they didn't want to risk the ball getting out of control and being fired at 450 mph in an open space and hitting who-knows-what who-knows-where.

IRQ posted:

But yeah, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are both suffering from a lack of new ground to cover. Though I think Dirty Jobs still has legs, if they'd get out there and look. The shitsucker thread in GBS would be perfect Dirty Jobs fodder.

I'm not sure what the Mythbusters' issue is, but with Dirty Jobs, I think the problem is Mike Rowe's busy as hell and doesn't have the time to go do the jobs they need for the show. Hopefully next season will allow him the time, but between Deadliest Catch and related specials, TV commercials, TV appearances with the show exploding in popularity lately, etc., I think he's swamped and for proof, look no further than the billboard episode where they stretched a job that normally would be one segment of one episode into an entire show.

I liked that episode; I'm just saying I'm sure they could do that with a lot of jobs and don't unless they need to.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Mike Rowe is under contract with Discovery. He's never "too busy" to do the jobs they need for the show.

While you're technically right, there's only 24 hours in a day and a lot of Dirty Jobs depends on the people they're going out to shoot on location with being ready to let Discovery be a part of what they're doing. I'm pretty sure he's said on more than one occasion that while no one's been outright rude or pushy with the DJ crew, they have done jobs where they were given a tight time window to come in, work, get the shots they needed and get out so the guys who actually work on those jobs could get back to "normal."

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Kari is a horribly forced actress period.

They all are. I understand it's a TV show and they need to play things up, but most people could watch Kari knit silently for an hour and be enthralled by it. She's an artist/laborer, Tori's a special effects tech, Grant's an electrical/robot whiz, Jamie's a humorless special effects expert and Adam's the only one with a minute amount of acting talent.

I'm pretty sure, aside from Jamie who I understand takes a very distant approach when the cameras aren't on, they're all friends, so if they just let them bullshit around the table rather than give them horribly forced dialogue, it'd come off a lot better.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Martytoof posted:

I don't really get much of a "hamming it up for the camera" from Grant or Tori, but that could easily be because Kari is tipping the scales.

Completely agree on just letting them bullshit. It would be so much better. I'm not particularly great friends with my coworkers, but even we banter about what we do -- if there was a TV show about software development, I'd be a loving star.

I'm looking forward to the new viewer myth special, but to be completely honest I'm pretty sick of these "specials". Every other show I catch is either Myths Revisited or XYZ Special.

There has to be at least enough interesting myths left for one season of non-gimmick episodes :(

Grant not so much because he hardly talks except to provide some scientific facts, but every so often, Tori will launch into a "DUDE, DID YOU SEE WHEN (X) HAPPENED? THAT WAS SO AWESOME!" that just makes me cringe.

I also agree about the specials, though I think it's a symptom of something I've noticed Discovery has a bad habit of doing: putting a spotlight on one particular show at the expense of everything else on the network. For about two months, if you turned on Discovery, they were running nearly 24-hour Deadliest Catch marathons every day and certainly every weekend.

Now they're doing the same thing with Dirty Jobs. I understand striking while the iron's hot and all, but you don't need to turn Discovery into an all-day every-day advertisement for a certain show just to promote it.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

J33uk posted:

Holy poo poo, Mythbusters was pretty much pure awesome tonight. It's been a while since I've been able to say that

Yeah, I was afraid the show going to be super corny given the subject material and the "changing in the phone booth" thing was kind of silly given that:

A. Of course it can be done
B. Of course it can't be done in a flash or a few seconds

But Kari in a superhero outfit was :pervert: in a strange way and the rest of the show was very good. They seem to be back on track, so hopefully they can keep it up.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Don't forget "can an airbag deploying blow your thumbs off your hands?"

Are Mythbusters fans getting more retarded as time goes by, are they required to do a "fans' choice" episode every so often even if they have poo poo to work with or what?

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Darth Freddy posted:

No kidding. See the way Jamey is driving, he has his thumbs on top of the wheel and not wrapped around. Almost all drivers ed courses will tell you to do this incase you get in a crash and the wheel gets jerked around that it could break your fingers. So this seems to be a even more useless myth.

And even if they were in the most vulnerable position, the danger from the airbag is from the cover that blows out flying off and hitting you. An airbag lacks both the force and the mass required to blow two digits off your hands. :doh:

I mean, I know they've done tests and proven things you'd think to impossible possible, but for christ's sake...

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

LordOfThePants posted:

I was glad they revisited the speed-camera myth. I admit I was one of those people who thought the height of the camera made a difference (although I didn't write into the show about it). Where I used to work, a guy had one of those bubble plate blockers and just from the parking lot it looked like it would work from above, but not at the height they had the original camera mounted.

I never expected anything else to work but it was good to see them revisit it.

Same here, particularly the "film" that did distort the plate based on the angle. I never bothered to really think about it or suggest a revisit, though, because while I knew a different angle would make a difference, if it actually distorted the plate, it would have been outlawed and not be commercially available.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

I've never heard that he was in the special forces. His wiki page says nothing about it either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Hyneman

I don't know about the special forces thing, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think there's a LOT about Jamie that no one but he really knows. He's either a very stoic, humorless and reserved guy for no real reason or he's got a closet full of secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Aeolius posted:

Why so much disdain for A Haunting? I mean, aside from the fact that the subject matter is sketchy and the commercial buffer editing is epileptic at best, it's still entertaining. It's like Ghost Hunters, but without the disappointment.

I think it's a combination of the subject matter and it feeling a lot like a pre-produced fiction program with a writing team, which is a side effect of it being based on questionably-realistic material.

It's a fun way to blow an hour if you have nothing to do, but I don't believe in ghosts and I'd never actively set out to watch it.

• Locked thread