Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlyingDodo
Jan 22, 2005
Not Extinct
Is there anyway you could make it so it's possible to zoom in to the images displayed because its rather difficult placing points onto large images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I've discovered a pretty serious bug in the program I submitted, GoToHell 0.1. Earlier I turned on my computer, but since it's been raining my internet connection was down. GoToHell couldn't connect to my web server, and proceeded to delete all my personal files. :mad:

The bug has been fixed, and my earlier post along with the TinyAppz wiki page have been updated with links to the new version (0.2). Anyone using GoToHell 0.1 should immediately switch to 0.2.

Edit: I also rewrote a lot of it to make the code slightly less embarassing ;)

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 13, 2007

The Fold
Apr 16, 2004

wrok posted:

I updated moveclone to do what you want. Just call it with the -r flag to remove empty source directories (inclusive of the root source directory).

Excellent, I'll try it out!

IsaacNewton
Jun 18, 2005

I wish I had time to do this, or that the guy that did 'Line Counter' gave the source.. But alas;

I'd like a program that is just like Line Counter but also goes into the sub-directories.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

Olzi posted:

Here you go:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/oltzi/beerjug.zip

You start it with the little start-button in the left upper corner. Its fully resizable and you can change the drink.wav and lastdrink.wav with your own .wav files to customize it. If you like it i'll add it to the wiki.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

It's beer drinking time :cheers:

JediGandalf
Sep 3, 2004

I have just the top prospect YOU are looking for. Whaddya say, boss? What will it take for ME to get YOU to give up your outfielders?

crumpuppet posted:

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

It's beer drinking time :cheers:
Ah I got beaten.

However, I did create my version of the application because I was all ready working on it but I got side tracked with various stuffs.

Hundred Shots Wiki page It has screens and link to program.

Sharkface
Apr 20, 2002
ok i'm not making an account to post the program i made. someone do it for me thanks...

I finished DaWolfey's request..

a program that does the following:

A program that opens/closes a defined list of applications, services, files and folders
A profile is made that defines apps/services/etc that should be opened.
The profile has "open" and "close" buttons. Open opens the defined list of apps/services/etc. Close closes them all
The profile is an individual file that can be moved to different machines

here you go dude...

http://slightlyprofessional.net/MSAC.rar

its in c# so it needs .net

Sharkface
Apr 20, 2002

Resolution posted:

Can someone port the "Compound" app from Windows to OS X.4? That would be really helpful.

i'll do this next.

edit i dont have to its done

Sharkface fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 14, 2007

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

Sharkface posted:

ok i'm not making an account to post the program i made. someone do it for me thanks...

You don't need to create an account to post it

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
I would love to see a VU meter that was nice and simple, resizable, and looked appealing. Nothing with a toolbar or any other border, just a neat little meter that sits on your desktop. Being able to switch from analog to digital readouts would be a huge plus but it's not necessary, analog is my favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_meter

I've grown accustomed to watching the little needle go back and forth when working in the studio, I'd love to have it on my computer too. I've tried other programs out there but they all seem to suck in one way or another. I have faith in goons to get it right!

I realize that this looks a bit more difficult than some of the others requested here, but I think a lot of people would love it.

binary_hero
Oct 10, 2004

by Lowtax

FlyingCheese posted:

I would love to see a VU meter that was nice and simple, resizable, and looked appealing. Nothing with a toolbar or any other border, just a neat little meter that sits on your desktop. Being able to switch from analog to digital readouts would be a huge plus but it's not necessary, analog is my favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_meter

I've grown accustomed to watching the little needle go back and forth when working in the studio, I'd love to have it on my computer too. I've tried other programs out there but they all seem to suck in one way or another. I have faith in goons to get it right!

I realize that this looks a bit more difficult than some of the others requested here, but I think a lot of people would love it.

If you can find an artist, or if you don't mind badly photoshopped images ripped from google images, and if you don't mind .NET, I would quite like to have a stab at this on Monday. Unless anyone comes along and does it in the next couple of days or something.

crip drinkn milk
Jan 31, 2001

IS DOG VEGABLE?

binary_hero posted:

If you can find an artist

I can art. tinyappz@moneyshotfilms.com.au and let me know what you need.

My request might be a little complicated for this, but I've had the idea for a while and somebody might know of an existing app or at least be interested in discussing it elsewhere.

I'd like a notifier in osx that I can tie to specific events with simple rules (like itunes and mail), polling speeds and scripts or actions to run when the event happens. i.e.

When PID whatever no longer exists, email foo@bar
When PID uses less than n% cpu, run this script
If this file exists, munge it in this way
If idle time is >n and cpu load is low, do this

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck
Anybody know of a program/easy way to make file extensions show/hide? I normally have them visible but sometimes I want to hide them quickly to make changes to filenames. A right-click menu would be great. Thanks.

wrok
Mar 24, 2006

by angerbotSD

Neurozys posted:

You don't need to create an account to post it

You have to create an account to upload files, but not to simply edit pages.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fixelbrumpf
May 26, 2001

I'd love a program that lets you password protect folders, either I'm blind or Windows really doesn't offer this functionality without third-party software.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

binary_hero posted:

If you can find an artist, or if you don't mind badly photoshopped images ripped from google images, and if you don't mind .NET, I would quite like to have a stab at this on Monday. Unless anyone comes along and does it in the next couple of days or something.

The first image in the wiki article I posted there would be perfect, it's a little big but that's OK because the program can resize it to whatever size (if possible). Also, I forgot to mention this but usually there are 2 meters, one for each channel.

Thanks!

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

I'm not sure how "tiny" this request is but here goes:

I'd like a Firefox extension that monitors my browsing activities and creates a searchable list of links. Every time I visit a page it takes the page title and URL and adds it to the list if it doesn't already exist.

Then the list could be opened in a sidebar where it displays all the page titles of pages I've visited and clicking on one sends me to the associated URL. And there's a search box at the top so if I've visited this thread then searching for "custom" or "app" would display a link to this thread (plus any other pages with "custom" or "app" in the title).

Is that too big? If so then I won't post it in the wiki.

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

Dicky B posted:

I'm not sure how "tiny" this request is but here goes:

I'd like a Firefox extension that monitors my browsing activities and creates a searchable list of links. Every time I visit a page it takes the page title and URL and adds it to the list if it doesn't already exist.

Then the list could be opened in a sidebar where it displays all the page titles of pages I've visited and clicking on one sends me to the associated URL. And there's a search box at the top so if I've visited this thread then searching for "custom" or "app" would display a link to this thread (plus any other pages with "custom" or "app" in the title).

Is that too big? If so then I won't post it in the wiki.

Try Ctrl+H

cheesypeanut
Apr 4, 2004
w3rd. ngr wut.
Have you tried pressing Ctrl+H, what you're asking for sounds pretty much like a browser history?

EDIT: Beaten :(

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

wrok posted:

You have to create an account to upload files, but not to simply edit pages.

Didn't realize. Still, I don't think it's that much of an imposition, considering there's no account verification and no required fields except the desired username and password.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Neurozys posted:

Try Ctrl+H
Holy crap :psyduck:

Leningrad
Jul 25, 2005
I'd like a batch file extension stripper/renamer, please - i've been looking for one for quite some time, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

oce
Dec 27, 2004

the numbers don't lie

pow! monsters! posted:

I'd like a batch file extension stripper/renamer, please - i've been looking for one for quite some time, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

Extension Changer does that, I think. You can select any number of files in windows explorer, right click and choose edit the extension to change them all at once.

Unless you're specifically looking for something that first takes the extension off a file and then gives it a random/sequential name?

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

pow! monsters! posted:

Thanks!

Could you clarify that?

if all you want to do is change, for example, a bunch of .abc files to .def, I believe

"ren *.abc *.def" from the command line would work

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

Dicky B posted:

Holy crap :psyduck:

This reply made my day.

Leningrad
Jul 25, 2005

oce posted:

Extension Changer does that, I think. You can select any number of files in windows explorer, right click and choose edit the extension to change them all at once.

Unless you're specifically looking for something that first takes the extension off a file and then gives it a random/sequential name?

I tried Extension Changer, but unfortunately it couldn't help me - thank you anyway :)

Neurozys posted:

Could you clarify that?

if all you want to do is change, for example, a bunch of .abc files to .def, I believe

"ren *.abc *.def" from the command line would work

Well my problem is that I have a large number of files which for some reason have the file extension twice (.wav.wav).

As they are for use with another application which is specifically searching for files in the 'type-sequentialnumber.wav' format, having the extra .wav is causing a lot of problems.

The first '.wav' isn't treated as a file extension until the second '.wav' is deleted (I attempted to manually go through the files, but there are far too many).

Leningrad fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 15, 2007

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

pow! monsters! posted:

I tried Extension Changer, but unfortunately it couldn't help me - thank you anyway :)

Well my problem is that I have a large number of files which for some reason have the file extension twice (.wav.wav).

As they are for use with another application which is specifically searching for files in the 'type-sequentialnumber.wav' format, having the extra .wav is causing a lot of problems.

The first '.wav' isn't treated as a file extension until the second '.wav' is deleted (I attempted to manually go through the files, but there are far too many).

Right I can get around this with a program called Advanced Renamer. Simply do a rename on the files Change .wav.wav to .wav

Edit:

identikit fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 15, 2007

Ramzi
Oct 10, 2004
The inner child of my soul was repeatedly gangbanged by a team of mall Santas.

identikit posted:

Anybody know of a program/easy way to make file extensions show/hide? I normally have them visible but sometimes I want to hide them quickly to make changes to filenames. A right-click menu would be great. Thanks.
For this one, since no one did it, I'll say that I attempted it. Here's what I found out.

The registry branch [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\] has a key called "HideFileExt". When it is true, you don't see extensions. When it is false, you do see extensions. One way, albeit lovely, to write your program is to make two .reg files, and put a shortcut key on each one. When you open a .reg file, it will merge with your registry. So, depending on which one you open, that will change whether your extensions are shown or not.

To write this program does not have complicated logic at all. If "HideFileExt" is false, make it true. If "HideFileExt" is true, make it false. Unfortunately I am dumb and couldn't figure out how to make the check. I did find out that Microsoft provides an API for manipulating the registry. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724871.aspx

If you decide to do it the quick and dirty way, paste this code into Notepad and name it something with a .reg on the end.

Show extensions:
code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\]
"HideFileExt"=dword:00000000
Don't show extensions:
code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\]
"HideFileExt"=dword:00000001

Leningrad
Jul 25, 2005

identikit posted:

Right I can get around this with a program called Advanced Renamer. Simply do a rename on the files Change .wav.wav to .wav

Edit:

Ah! Thank you!

wrok
Mar 24, 2006

by angerbotSD

identikit posted:

http://tinyappz.com/wiki/ExtensionToggle

You must use the included install to add this to your right click menu. The program itself simply toggles the display of extensions, so you could run it standalone if you so desire.

PS - thanks Ramzi, you did all the groundwork, I just 'programified' the registry keys you read up on.

----------------

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

FlyingDodo posted:

Is there anyway you could make it so it's possible to zoom in to the images displayed because its rather difficult placing points onto large images.

Well, I had to almost completely rewrite it, but it now zooms.
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/ReMap_Image

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

wrok posted:

http://tinyappz.com/wiki/ExtensionToggle

You must use the included install to add this to your right click menu. The program itself simply toggles the display of extensions, so you could run it standalone if you so desire.

PS - thanks Ramzi, you did all the groundwork, I just 'programified' the registry keys you read up on.

Eagerly awaiting upload. I started trying to write this one, but the only shell extension tutorial I could find was specific to an older version of visual studio and I was too lazy to try to figure out what everything in it actually meant.

wrok
Mar 24, 2006

by angerbotSD

Neurozys posted:

Eagerly awaiting upload. I started trying to write this one, but the only shell extension tutorial I could find was specific to an older version of visual studio and I was too lazy to try to figure out what everything in it actually meant.

Hrmm, :wtc: I thought it was uploaded already. But apparently with the wrong file name :(

Should be up now.

----------------

Foifur
Jan 22, 2006
I sucked cock for this account ^_^

EVIR Gibson posted:

MusicAlbumFinder - Type in a folder name (including just drives like D:) and after hitting a search button, will show folders with more then 1 (not just 1) of a certain file type; either .mp3, .ogg, or .ape. File extension could be entered into a text box. Bonus feature is the ability to drag the result folders out of the program into windows explorer.

I've made a java application that takes a folder name, including the roots. You can use the browse button to select a folder too. However, it wont work if you only type 'c:', you have to type 'c:\'.
Also, it can take an infinite number of suffixes to search for, just use a space to separate them. You can set the limit too, the minimum number of files in the folder in order for that folder to be added. I didn't implement the requested drag-to-explorer feature, but on windows platforms you are able to double-click the foldername in the tree to open that folder using your standard folder-opener (explorer most likely I guess).

There are bugs.

Oh, and I haven't edited the wiki. I've never used a wiki so I'm not really sure how to do it, and I don't have the time right now to learn.

http://www.uploadpower.com/en/download.php?id=9476CF4F1
Hmm, I just tried to download from this filehost. Apparently there is a delay before the download can begin. I hope you'll survive.

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

Foifur posted:

Oh, and I haven't edited the wiki. I've never used a wiki so I'm not really sure how to do it, and I don't have the time right now to learn.

It's pretty easy, but I've been filling in stubs this afternoon anyway, so I did yours real quick.
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Album_Finder

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

An application that allows you to load a BMP, select a color from the image with an eyedropper tool and output a GIF with the selected color replaced with transparency.

Neurozys
Apr 15, 2004

Dicky B posted:

An application that allows you to load a BMP, select a color from the image with an eyedropper tool and output a GIF with the selected color replaced with transparency.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/DickyTran

I barely resisted the urge to call it TrannyDick. I didn't have an eyedropper handy, so there's just a set of crosshairs instead.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

edit nevermind, did it up in access without any problems, none...whatsoever...somebody hold me I'm scared

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 17, 2007

Foifur
Jan 22, 2006
I sucked cock for this account ^_^

Neurozys posted:

It's pretty easy, but I've been filling in stubs this afternoon anyway, so I did yours real quick.
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Album_Finder

Great! Thanks. I guess I'll have to take the time to learn how to wiki some day soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarko
Jan 22, 2004

JediGandalf posted:

Oooh. Good idea. I did implement the DialogResult notion (I thought I did that though :confused:) and threw try/catch (InvalidOperationException) almost everywhere.

Updated

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Itt doesn't work, as soon as it opens it crashes. Same error. Gah loving dot net. Sigh. Sorry for wasting your time :( It really was perfect though.

If anybody else wants to take a crack at it, maybe in script...

• Locked thread