Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

What was that free app that allows you to control two computers with one mouse/keyboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://synergy-foss.org/ ?

Wow that was quick! Yes, that is exactly the one. Thank you!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm looking for a software solution to listen for a specific sound clip, and if detected perform another action such as open a file.

This isn't a "tiny" app by any means from a programming standpoint, I just wonder if something like this is already out there. Googling is coming up dry.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

Should it be listening for a sound file on your hard drive being played by another program? If so, you could see if the last access timestamp changes when it plays.

The sound file itself, a sound effect in a game, is in an archive with others and might even be playing from memory. Good idea though.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Jo posted:

If this is a game I have I might be able to look for the trigger. What game and what event? Otherwise I might be able to make something that monitors the system audio out. What OS?

Oh wow. I was thinking in Overwatch for Windows when hitting an enemy. Normally it makes this small fizzy noise like a drink being opened that gets really hard to hear over the din. I would probably change it to Quake 3 Arena or Space Invaders hitsound if I could. I would be open to using Cheat engine too.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 7, 2016

• Locked thread