Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

isagoon posted:

I need a little applet to manage the 'New..' option in the right click menu in explorer. It doesn't have to be too complex, I just want something with a list of currently listed 'New...' options, and a way to delete/edit them.

EDIT: Also, would be good if it was compatible with Win7, since that is my main OS now...
EDIT2: Also, a way to add new options

I was just trying out Delphi 2009 and thought this might be a good way to see what changed, but looks like I bit on more than I was willing to chew :)

Basically, this whole thing is quite messy and doesn't seem to be very well documented so I only implemented basic functionality, and the two main ways of adding an item to that list. Both are done by creating a ShellNew key under the appropriate extension, one results in Explorer creating an empty (0 byte) file with the extension, the other copies a template file. There are at least two (edit: three?) other ways of achieving this, as well as some nested keys, and none of this is working now. As a result, some of the things you see on the New menu are missing from the list.

Having said that, while the app isn't bullet proof or production ready by any means, it seemed to work fine for me on Win7 during limited testing. Give it a try and let me know if anything is seriously broken or you really need the other methods.

I'm not sure if using tinyappz is mandatory, but it's 3 in the morning and dropping it in the bucket is as far as I can go now:
http://mobby_6kl.s3.amazonaws.com/ShellNewEditor.rar
BTW, why do underscores mess up the link?

Edit:
Oops, forgot to remove the panel caption, only noticed it when I resized the window to huge. Updated the file at the same link as above, also made some minor improvements and added a jump to function which opens regedit at the selected entry.

A few things I neglected to mention previously. The app works with the registry, so A) you need admin rights to make any changes, and B) you should be careful with it. Although I doubt it will mess up the whole registry, it's pretty likely that if you try to change one of the existing items with the more complicated structure, it won't work any more. Editing the simpler records, as well as deleting and adding new ones, should be ok, although the filetype needs to be already properly registered in order for everything to work in explorer.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You can also use the windows task scheduler to achieve the same thing, typing something like
at 23:00 "shutdown /s /f"

should do the job (without having to multiply anything!), at least if you're admin or have the permissions to schedule tasks. You can also use the GUI tool to do the same thing.

RagingBoredom posted:

Timer app request

Here, try this: http://mobby6kl.nfshost.com/tmp/CustomTimer.rar
Times should be integers in seconds for now, but otherwise I think I covered all the requirements. You can even add way more than 5 steps.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 16, 2010

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RagingBoredom posted:

That's perfect. If you want to make it into minutes later then I'll probably use that but as it is right now, it's great. I can easily use it as is. Thanks a bunch :)

EDIT:
Nevermind about making it into minutes unless you really want to. I don't know how to code but I do know a tiny bit more than the average user when it comes to applications and I've used ResHacker to create a 3rd tab and with the help of a delphi guide to add text to forms, I'll list the various times in seconds that I might need in that tab. Again, thanks for taking the time to do this :)

I probably won't be able to get to this while I'm at work but otherwise it's not a problem, I should've made it properly in the first place :)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RagingBoredom posted:

Don't even worry about it. You came through perfectly. I've used ResHacker to add that tab and I've listed all the times that I would probably need so I'm all set. The program is great and I'm grateful for it. So thanks a ton :)

You almost had me convinced there, but I couldn't leave it with such a half-assed effort. :)

http://mobby6kl.nfshost.com/tmp/CustomTimer_1.1.rar

you can now enter the time in MM:SS format, (something like 90:224 is ok), and a single number like "5" will be interpreted as five minutes.
Highlight basically highlights the current element in the list. You can now also double click on any element there to set it as the current timer. Everything else should be self-explanatory.

E: the file server is currently down but should be fixed soon
E2: should be back up now

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 20, 2010

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

thehandtruck posted:

A lot of the time I open try to open firefox and I get the horribly annoying "Firefox is already running but is not responding." (as seen here http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+is+already+running+but+is+not+responding )

So I have to open up run, type taskmgr, find the .exe and end the process. Which sucks. Now I've tried a million different solutions over the course of a year for this problem with profiles and this and that and had no luck.

Can anyone make a tiny custom app that somehow makes it so whenever I click the firefox shortcut, it automatically ends the processes and then opens firefox. A deamon or maybe even something in the Target line that does this.

Have you tried not using Firefox if it has been causing you these problems for a year or more? :downs:

Anyway, paste this into a text file and save it as "firefox.bat" or something:
code:
taskkill /F /IM firefox.exe
start firefox.exe
I tested this with notepad and it seems to work as expected, you might just need to specify the full path to the firefox executable in the second line if it's not in the path variable. Or place the bat file in the FF directory, and lunch it through a shortcut, I think that should work as well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hoborg posted:

Each Destination is a UserControl with the textbox/button/checkbox widgets on, they then exist within a FlowLayoutPanel set to flow vertically.

Ahh drat, this is actually what I need to do. Instead, I'm clumsily cloning a template group box with all its children controls.

epswing posted:

In any input field with focus? Isn't that bordering on keylogger?

I don't see how, wouldn't a keylogger require that the keys are being, you know, logged somewhere? This app would just listen for the events and substitute the two spaces for a dot. I'll give it a shot but can't promise anything as I'm in a phase where I try to do everything in pure C which I'm not too comfortable in yet.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

apati posted:

thank you.
if possible, can you make it with some on/off-feature.
sometime you do need to use doublespace ;)

Sorry this took so long, but try this. You'll need to keep the dll in the same directory as the exe file for it to work. Let me know if it does/doesn't do what you want, though you can also change the included sources yourself (see, no keylogging!).

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gromit posted:

My Vista HTPC sometimes forgets the resolution and refresh rate and I have to go through a bunch of menus to switch it back so the picture on my HDTV looks good. I'd love to have a button either on the desktop or the toolbar that just resets it all to 1920x1080@60Hz.
I also have an ATI video overscan setting, but I can live without that being automated as it very rarely gets confused and would be harder to code (presumably.)

Does this sound straight-forward? I imagine I could set what res and refresh rate I wanted in an ini or something, but hard-coded is fine.

Reset Resolution (I really suck at coming up with names).

Just run the exe to (try to) set the resolution to 1920x1080@60Hz, or give it command line arguments like so: 1920 1080 60 (you can do it with a shortcut).

Update: Thanks to nielsm and Gerblyn of CoC, this should be fixed now. Just download the file again if you already got it before this update.

I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to do some testing, as I'm having some bizarre issues with it. It will set my U2311H to any supported resolution except 1920x1080, even though it's the native resolution and is listed as supported. If the resolution is anything below 1920x1080, it will just throw an error, but if it's already 1920x1080, it will go ahead and change it to the same drat resolution. Does the same happen for you?

apati posted:

YES. thank you!
This is it.
but is it possible to get a space after the dot/period ?

Of course it's possible... it should be possible, but somehow adding just one space throws the whole thing in an endless loop. Watch this space for an update!
I updated this one as well, just get the new version from the same link.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 2, 2011

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Corla Plankun posted:

Is there a way to tell the difference between an animated GIF and a regular one in software? I have a big pile of GIFs I got from a website and I want to sort them into two folders (animated, not animated). I feel like a simple script could do this if there is a key difference in file headers or something like that.

Don't want to come off like I'm hoarding all the requests here, but I actually already have a script I wrote a while ago almost exactly for this purpose. You'll need Perl and ImageMagick:

code:
use Image::Magick;
my $image = Image::Magick->new();
my ($static, $animated) = @ARGV;

while ($image->Read(glob "*.gif")) {
	rename $filename, ($image->Get('%n') == 1 ? $static : $animated) . "/" . $filename;
	@$image = ();
}
Launch it with the subfolder names where you want the static and animated gifs to go, no spaces (or use quotes around the name) and make sure they exist first. If you don't have Perl and IM and don't want to install them, it should also be possible to just check for the Netscape extension block in the file's header, as you suggest.

Edit: Here's a C version since :spergin: kept bothering me yesterday http://mobby6kl.nfshost.com/files/software/gif.rar. Usage is the same as the Perl version, but it shouldn't require any dependencies.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 4, 2011

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
I might give that one a try as well, but keep in mind that I currently have no idea what I'm doing so this might not turn out well (or at all).

sofokles posted:

this might exist for all i know.

I'm running a series of experiments where wax deposits on a cold-finger. Images are taken every minute by a web cam hooked up to one computer and controlled through lab-view, and cold-finger temperature is controlled and logged by another one. Problem is that the computers can't communicate and the temperature isn't recorded on the images.

Each run creates about 700 images.

I need some way of
for all images in folder :
1 . compare the time stamp of .jpg image with time-entries in the temperature log and find the best match.
2 . Pick corresponding temperature in temperature log and insert it in the lower left corner of of the image

The temperature log file is comma-separated, first column is time , third column is temperature

Doable ?

EDIT I would off-course transfer the temperature log over to the image-containing computer first.

Certainly. What format is the time in, just HH:MM:SS, and 12/24 hours? Our could you just post an example line from the file?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sofokles posted:

Hey, thanks for showing interest.

HH:MM:SS 24 hours

I don't have the file here now, I'm actually rummaging through my drawers to find a non-corrupt floppy disk to copy the log file onto.

From memory there are no headers and the lines run like

HHMMSS XX.XX YY.YY ZZ.ZZ AA.AA

where the entries are

Time targettemp realtemp powerleveltemp powerlevelpump

But I need to doublecheck

I'll have it tomorrow if you can wait ?

If you can't I could of course just copy the log into a spreadsheat and delete all superfluous columns and say the the csv-file will consist of entries in the format :

HH:MM:SS YY.YY

Thanks again

I'm in no rush :) But here, try Mr. Fahrenheit. It should work with any reasonable time format as it uses some standard .net functions to deal with this stuff, but if it doesn't work in your format, try to change it to HH:MM:SS at least. The temperature will be taken from the third column.

I also have a Perl script that does the same thing, but you're probably more likely to have .NET than Perl + ImageMagick, plus GUI :hurr:

Gromit posted:

An update on this:

I've had to use it frequently just lately and it works a treat. However, my desktop image stays at the wrong size, and so appears as a smaller image centred on my screen when it switches to 1920x1080. If I right-click and hit "personalize" and then the background changer, it jumps to the correct resolution without me clicking on anything further. Quit that and it sticks.

So, not a big deal, but if your tool could update the background settings that would be extra awesome. If that's too tricky then don't worry - I'm more than happy with it right now.

That's... strange, but I'll see what I can do about this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I thought I just re-uploaded it with the sources, but I actually archived it with 7zip this time so the rar link didn't work any more. Anyway that's probably a good thing because I just noticed that I hardcoded in white text color, which worked great for my tests but could be invisible for you. Now it's possible to choose any color.
Here's v1.1

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sofokles posted:

Got it up and running now, gives me an error on time format. As you can see by the language I'm an alien, but I translated the important gibberish. ved = at

I am too stupid to see from the error message whether the guilty dateformat is in the log-file or in the jpg files. If it is in the jpg files let me tell you this;

We are the ones who write times as dd.mm.yyyy hh.mm.ss and since we have never fathomed the need for any other format we don't know how to change it.

Yours truly

Yeah, this line says that the problem is with parsing the date:
code:
System.FormatException: String not recognized as valid DateTime.
though your format is very reasonable and I'd expect it to work. No worries, I'll get it to work one way or another once I get home from work.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sofokles posted:

Got it up and running now, gives me an error on time format. As you can see by the language I'm an alien, but I translated the important gibberish. ved = at

I am too stupid to see from the error message whether the guilty dateformat is in the log-file or in the jpg files. If it is in the jpg files let me tell you this;

We are the ones who write times as dd.mm.yyyy hh.mm.ss and since we have never fathomed the need for any other format we don't know how to change it.

Yours truly

Try it now (same link). It should work the way it is, based on that format, but you can also change it to fit whatever you have.

Gromit posted:

An update on this:

I've had to use it frequently just lately and it works a treat. However, my desktop image stays at the wrong size, and so appears as a smaller image centred on my screen when it switches to 1920x1080. If I right-click and hit "personalize" and then the background changer, it jumps to the correct resolution without me clicking on anything further. Quit that and it sticks.

So, not a big deal, but if your tool could update the background settings that would be extra awesome. If that's too tricky then don't worry - I'm more than happy with it right now.

I couldn't reproduce your problem unfortunately, my wallpaper just gets reset to stretch/fill the screen whenever the resolution changes. Try to download it again now though, I made a small change that might make a difference.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds definitely doable and I'll give it a shot, though of course everyone else is welcome as well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I almost poo poo myself when the computer failed to start today, but after booting into safe mode it's ok again :iiam:. Anyway, here we go, Printmon v1

• [APP] - pops up window at [configurable time] later asking - "Have you been to the printer to collect your document?" ☑
  • If 'yes' is clicked, nothing else happens until a document is printed again ☑
  • If 'no' is clicked, it will ask again at [configurable time] ☑
  • If the computer is shut down, and 'yes' has not been pressed - [APP] should flag that documents need picked up, before letting the PC shutdown ☑

• Obviously this app would need to start at startup, and it should be almost invisible (tray icon to configure time, message, stop the app, etc.) ☐
kind of... just drop a shortcut to the exe with the delay in seconds as the first parameter (like "printmon.exe 120") into the auto start folder, and it will launch and start monitoring automatically. It's a very small window, but nor really invisible, as I didn't manage the tray icon to work yet.

I realize that might be a bigger problem on XP as opposed to Win7, so I'll try to add this soon. And I'll also add the source once I clean it up a bit, it was a learning experience in some aspects :)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well, there's no kill like overkill, right? Here's my attempt..

Just browse for a file (don't type it in) and start monitoring. It will automatically update the chart when Windows detects a change in file size. Sometimes this doesn't happen immediately, for example if the file isn't written to disk yet due to caching (according to MSDN documentation) or if it's still open and being written to (according to my testing with downloading from Opera). You should be able to force an update by refreshing an explorer window in the folder.

Since I'm not sure how exactly you're going to use it, I stopped at this point, though these are possible improvements, roughly by increasing difficulty:
  • Connect or replace the points with a line
  • Store and display timestamps
  • Make the x-axis proportional to the time intervals
  • Monitor total file size in a directory
  • Check file size at regular intervals
  • Monitor multiple files

Let me know if it works and/or which changes you need. The source is included (Which I'm sure is full of WTF material) so anyone can modify it.

PS. I really hope you're using Windows :D

Amphigory posted:

This is really cool, and almost perfect. No worries if you don't get it cleaned up - it works well, and I really appreciate it! Cheers mate :)
Almost perfect won't cut it :colbert: I added a notification icon and cleaned it up a bit by finding and fixing a memory/handle leak, but now the actual popup notification stopped working :( I'll post an update once it's working again, in the meanwhile you don't have to worry over the memory leak too much as I think it was just a few dozen kb every time you started and stopped monitoring.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hoborg posted:

BTW, what's the current status of any "Request a Tiny Custom App Website" thing to organise all of the posted apps?

I know the original went down a couple of years ago, but has anything popped up since?

I just put all my apps in a folder on my host and will create some kind of directory for them when I can get off my rear end long enough to finish that. Otherwise I think we just have the archive that CP posted above.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm working on a solution in C, but so far I didn't get past safely and reliably parsing the input :D Somebody will surely finish before I do, but it's a fun app to code and maybe the extra performance will be useful.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What about dots? That would make things a bit trickier :downs:
code:
get-childitem | rename-item -newname {$_.name -replace "[^A-Za-z0-9 ]", ""}

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sab669 posted:

Based off that error message, it looks like periods should be fine. I can kind of make sense of that code, it looks like it's just replacing any non A-Z, non 0-9 with an empty string? Just curious, does it loop through subfolders? Some of the things I have are multiple folders deep.

Thanks either way! Do I just save this as a .BAT in Notepad and run it, or...?

e; Eh, I googled it. "If the item is a container, it gets the items inside the container" so that answers that.

Yep, your interpretation is correct. You can add other characters within those square brackets to keep them. Or remove ^ and specify which characters you want to remove instead (though you'll need to escape some special characters like dots with a \, like so [\*\?\.])

This thing doesn't work with sub-folders, actually - just the current directory. It should be as easy as adding -recurse as in ToxicFrog's original Powershell snippet, but it doesn't work as it's trying to rename all the files within the current directory, and I can't figure out how to get it to consider the current path (I suck at powershell). To run it, just paste that line into a Powershell window and hit enter. I suppose you can save it into a file, but I'm not sure how Powershell deals with that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

:words:

Everything was going smoothly until I also realized how time intensive it would be to look up all the junk words in the dictionary. Still, that's actually a very interesting challenge and I'll give it a shot this evening, no matter how useless this program appears to be :D

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

peepsalot posted:

Lists are bad for lookups, you are doing O(n) for every is_word check, where n is number of words in dictionary. Use a set instead, it's like 100x faster.

I was planning to use a hashing function that would be more efficient for such lookups. How are actually the sets in Python (?) implemented?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm starting to get an idea why higher level languages became popular.
code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

char **hash_table;
unsigned hash_size;

int main (int argc, char* argv[])
{
	char *letters = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ,.";
	int length = atoi(argv[1]);
	char *str = malloc(length);
	int i, n;

char *str1  = malloc(length);
	clock_t clock_start;

load_file(argv[2]);
	for (n = 0; n< 10000; n++) {
		for (i = 0; i<length; i++)
			str[i]  = letters[rand()%29];
		str[length] = '\0';
		strcpy(str1, str);

if (split_and_check(str1))
			printf("%s\n", str);
	}
}

char *split_and_check (char *str)
{
	char *tmp, *start;
	start = str;

while (*str) {
		if ( *str < 'A') {
			*str = '\0';

if  ((str-start)>2) {
				tmp = hash_table[paul_hash(start)%hash_size];
				if (tmp != NULL && !strcmp(start, tmp))
					return start;
			}
			str++;
			start = str;
		}
		str++;
	}
	return NULL;
}

void load_file(char *filename)
{
	int fsize = 0;
	char *data;
	char *line_start;
	FILE *file = fopen(filename, "r");

fseek(file, 0, SEEK_END);
	fsize = ftell(file);
	rewind(file);

data = malloc(fsize);
	fread(data, fsize, 1, file);
	fclose(file);

hash_size = fsize/9;
	hash_table = calloc(hash_size, sizeof(char*));

line_start = data;

while (*data) {
		if (*data == '\n') {
			*data = '\0';
			data++;
			hash_table[ paul_hash(line_start)%hash_size ] = line_start; 
			line_start = data;
		}
		data++;
	}
}

unsigned paul_hash(const char* s)
{
    unsigned h = 0;
    while (*s)
        h = h * 101 + (unsigned char*) *s++;
    return h;
}
On the other hand, I did seem to have made a much faster and more efficient monkey. This takes about 0.03 seconds to chew through 10k lines, and loading the word list is very fast too. However because I'm lazy, I'm pretending hash collisions don't occur, so this might be a problem if you need a particular word for your magnum opus and it's been overwritten.

The first command line argument is the number of characters to generate per line, and the second is the word file, so monkeys.exe 50 "words.txt" should work.

Here's the same thing in Perl, about an order of magnitude slower but not missing any words:
code:
my $len = shift;
open (my $fh, "<", shift);
my %hash;
@hash{(<$fh>)} = ();
my @letters = qw/a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z , , ./;
my $string;

foreach my $benchmark (1.. 10000) {
	$string = '';
	for (my $i = 0; $i< $len; $i++) {
		$string .= $letters[rand(29)];
	}
	foreach (split (/[\.\,\s]/, $string)) {
		print $string , "\n" if  ( (length($_)>2) && (exists $hash{$_."\n"}) )
	}
}

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

If you have a Windows Mobile 6.x phone or PDA, I wrote almost exactly this a while ago! Otherwise I'll try so code something up, but no promises, as I'm now also taking 4 online courses which are starting to kick my rear end.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Or Powershell, it's basically the native Windows substitute for Perl as a glue language, and has access to tons of useful .net stuff.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

stradiwari posted:

There are some users in my Windows Network that create new Folders for certain tasks, to make things quicker they copy an existing folder tree and paste it to the new location. The folders start out empty and are filled with files oder time.

I'd like to request an app (or windows explorer extension?) that automatically changes the folder icons, depending on their state. Basically folders with content show up differently than empty folders.

Try this.

You'll just need to register the dll manually by running this as admin in whatever folder you extract it to:
code:
regsvr32 "IconOverlay.dll"
And to unregister:
code:
regsvr32 /U "IconOverlay.dll"
I have no loving clue about COM and ATL stuff but it seems to work for me. You might need to log off/on or at least restart Explorer to get this fully loaded. It always uses the "icon.ico" from its folder, so if you want to replace the little green ball, just edit that file.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here you go.

Since it wipes files, definitely use at your own risk however! :)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo sorry epalm, didn't mean to preempt your app, I had a reply open while I went off for dinner.

You're welcome Hogburto. Please don't consider that code to be exemplary or anything, I've been really itching to use goto somewhere after the whole Apple fiasco :D

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Corla Plankun posted:

Device properties are driver-dependent and on my laptop the only thing in that tab is a slider that maps 1-to-1 with the regular volume control slider.

This seems to be the behavior of the default windows drivers, it's the same on my thinkpad. Maybe try installing vendor-supplied drivers in case they have more options?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's easy, but I gotta sleep now.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry things got a bit busy. Here you go:

KindleKleaner

Just copy the executable to the base directory (like F:\documents) and run it from there. It'll move all orphaned .sdr files to a new subfolder called ".SDRs". It's not checking for any specific extensions, just anything else, let me know if that's a problem. Folders starting with a dot (.) are skipped. Also I tested it on my own system but it very well can delete everything and send me your bitcoins, so your own risk etc.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow, somehow I missed that those are folder and not files, even though you explicitly say so in several places. Probably has something to do with reading the requirements at 1:30am :v:

I'll change it so that it moves the "Book2.sdr" folder and everything in.
Book1.txt
Book1.sdr\abc.xyz
Book2.sdr\def.xyz

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So that was super straightforward to change but I don't blame you for not messing with that code, it's... a bit sketchy :)

KindleKleaner

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Are you going to have your own version too? You can put down this app idea there. Actually you'll probably need to extend the specs to three options, with "loving terrible" category as well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

How did it sort them?
Incidentally, I wish I still had the app that separated static and animated GIFs.

I think it just showed you them one by one and moved them based on a key you pressed.

IIRC I made that GIF program, I'll try to see if it's still around somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

gary oldmans diary posted:

How did it sort them?
Incidentally, I wish I still had the app that separated static and animated GIFs.
I think it just showed you them one by one and moved them based on a key you pressed.

IIRC I made that GIF program, I'll try to see if it's still around somewhere.

Oops, forgot about this, sorry :D

Yes this was me, you can get the GIF thing here: http://mobby6kl.nfshost.com/apps/gif.rar

Just run the exe with two arguments for folders where the static and animated gifs would be moved, and it will go through the gifs in its directory. I don't recall how exactly I came up with that identification method but it's not perfect and there are a few incorrect classifications, but shouldn't be too many.

• Locked thread