Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.
It sucks that I am actually totally swamped at work now. I loved doing these, glad you kept it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
So it would open the folder in a new window and have a random file selected?

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
I actually had a question in the XP beautification thread about something I saw a coworker use:

Fastbreak posted:

I remember someone had some sort of setup that all the desktop icons would be hidden until he hit alt 3 times. His icons would come up and if he didn't move the mouse or interact with the icons, they would automatically hide again in like 5 seconds. I have searched, can't find it, but I am dying to try it out. Unfortunately the guy is a douch so I cannot give him the satisfaction of asking him what it is.

Since I got annoyed not being able to find the application, I just wrote my own. .Net 2.0 required.

NoPeeking 0.1

Have the option to hide/show your desktop icons, task bar, minimize active windows, or any combination of those listed with a key stroke that you can set. Hope someone else likes it as much as me. :)

Edit: To answer alot of questions, yes it is like a "boss key."

Fastbreak fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 30, 2007

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002

Shredder posted:

I'd like an app that opens and closes the CD tray, over and over. I work in a repair center and I need to make sure these drives work.

Also it would be fun to hook up a bunch and watch them go.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1187102957

Thanks!

ha, I will do this one just for a video of all those trays going. .Net framework okay? 3 second delay between open/close command?

Edit: Done, but I suck at filling in the request on the wiki... Its called PsychoTray. I was not able to test the close tray function since I only have a laptop cd drive right now.

Fastbreak fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 14, 2007

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002

Shredder posted:

Thanks for the program! :) Although it only does one drive, I have 3 in this test system, any way to make it do all of them at once? And a box where I can input the delay would be sweet too :)

If I can make it spaz out I'll post a video.

Try downloading it again. Like I said I can't fully test it here, but I think it works.

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002

Shredder posted:

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfS-Nbjwrmk

Thanks again! :)

Ha! Awesome! Thanks for posting that. Best thank you I have gotten so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
The download link on tinyappz for my NoPekking app stopped working, people have been geting errors as have I. Seems like the URl is messed up. Any clues as to why?

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/NoPeeking

• Locked thread