Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

edit nevermind, did it up in access without any problems, none...whatsoever...somebody hold me I'm scared

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am looking for somebody to look at an .mdi access file, and add some simple functionality to it. I don't really have a clue what's happening on the backend, and it's a peice that looks sort of hacked together so I don't want to delve in with my limited experiance.

Right now it takes input from a card reader, and according to a table i can edit changes a square from red to green. I want to be able to manually click the square to change it, and add a third color option.

Please if this is something you can take a look at find me on aim (cpthooksword) and I'll send you the file. Thank you.

edit: willing to toss a few tenbux for this becuase I need it in a quick fasion and it will make my life at work easier.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 3, 2007

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004 posted:

I am looking for somebody to look at an .mdi access file, and add some simple functionality to it. I don't really have a clue what's happening on the backend, and it's a peice that looks sort of hacked together so I don't want to delve in with my limited experiance.

Right now it takes input from a card reader, and according to a table i can edit changes a square from red to green. I want to be able to manually click the square to change it, and add a third color option.

Please if this is something you can take a look at find me on aim (cpthooksword) and I'll send you the file. Thank you.

edit: willing to toss a few tenbux for this becuase I need it in a quick fasion and it will make my life at work easier.

Last request I had was filled (by two seperate programs actually) pretty quickly, and very well done. I really don't know what a fair $ for the ammount of work this request would be but I certainly would want to compensate for efforts.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I don't want to keep using this thread, but where would it be advisable to make a thread for my editing work on the MS Access file?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am looking for a proram that takes the directories in a folder, and all subdirs, and outputs them to a text file with the subdirs under the main dirs. Also if theres a way to grab the name of the person who is logged in (we all log in using first initial last name, i can find the spesifics if you need, but it's windows xp with a windows nt server on the back).

so it would look like

Artist name
-Album - JSMITH

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

kaniff posted:

Does 'tree' not do what you need?

Or the previously linked JDirPrint @ http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/jdirprint.htm

Good base with jdirprint but i need it to be able to do several dirs at different times. I will keep it on a thumb drive, go to a guys computer and run it to list his mp3s, then do the same with another later on, etc.

I also really need the part that lets you know who has what, either if it is smart enough to grab that info from the computer, or prompt you for a name that it will tag onto all new additions that run (and add to any current editions is there are multiple users with same albums)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

In relation to the status board that a few people helped me on a while ago (not sure if theres a wiki entry). is it possible to from MS Access, make something that I can run the entire form on a computer without Access? an .exe or something similar?

• Locked thread