Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boy Juice
Oct 24, 2003
I got one. I would like a Windows app that does this:

1. I give it a folder name

2. I give it a target size

3. I give it a file extension (or a list of extensions)

3. It searches the folder (and optionally subfolders) for files that total up to the size limit with a good degree of randomness.

4. It copies the chosen files into the clipboard so that I may paste them onto another drive, or it can copy them for me.

I have a large music collection. I put a portion of it onto my usb drive to listen to on my computer at work. I would like to have an easy way to fill the drive with random files.

Any takers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boy Juice
Oct 24, 2003

binary_hero posted:

Windows Media Player 11 - Open it, plug your USB drive in and click on "Sync" then "Shuffle tracks to this device". It will take a few minutes to index your music files the first time it runs, but after that it's great.

I had no idea. Thanks.

Boy Juice
Oct 24, 2003

.Boo. posted:

This is probably the most odd request ever, but how can i delete every other line in a word document?
I have a lot of .docs that are very long (200 pages) that are manually double spaced. I need something that will basically do 'down arrow, delete, downarrow, delete' to eliminate the un-needed space from these documents.

In Word 2007 (probably older versions as well), go to the replace tool. Replace ^p^p with ^p.

Boy Juice fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 2, 2007

• Locked thread